Thread: $$tix$$
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2003, 06:31 PM
Everybody Stretch!

Gene Pitney is still alive?????

Oops! I digress again!

I got my very first credit card back when the earth was still cooling. I heard that Billy Joel was coming to the Tower Theatre. I called for 2 tix. Lady said, "That'll be $150.00". I thought......Holy shit, that's really pricey! But I wanted to try out the new card and I wanted to treat (the ex) as a surprise. I said OK! She did her fingerwork and took my card number and came back in a moment and said, "Your total is $318.00 (with tax) and then there is the service charge to the ticket agency. I said, "WTF are you talking about? You said it would be $150.00. How'd you get to over $300.00"? She said.........."Oh no miss, you've misunderstood. One ticket is $150.00". I said, "Tear up that order right now....so I can hear you doing it"!!!!!!! She did! I said, "Billy Joel would have to give me a gold piano to get me to pay that price for tickets", and hung up. Never did see Billy in concert!

Most I ever paid for a ticket..........$43.00 per tix (really great seats) for Aerosmith at Hershey Stadium, last summer! And I don't regret it at all! Least I ever paid without going for free.......$9.00 per tix......The Spectrum (1972), Ten Years After......ok concert!

~Thomas Dewar~