View Single Post
Old 05-22-2003, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sugarsprinkles

What ever happened to FREEDOM OF SPEECH????

Whether or not I agree or disagree with what they said, they had every right in the world to express their opinion. We all also have the right to buy or not buy their music. But I feel the radio stations continuing to boycott them months after their comments is nothing more than economic blackmail. I've stopped listening to my favorite Country music station because they are still refusing to play the Dixie Chicks music.

I watched the show last night.....I honestly didn't notice Natalie's shirt.

I think the entire audience was being juvenile by booing like they did. And if Toby Keith, whom I adore, left because of something as petty as letters on a shirt, then he's just as juvenile.

I think they ALL need to get over it. The Chicks have apologized, more than once. What more must they do? Wear Scarlet letters?
Go around in sackcloth and ashes? No matter what they do, they'll never satisfy everyone.

Sugar, wouldn't the audiences booing and the listeners requesting the radio stations to not play their music, qualify as freedom of speech too?

I know here in Dallas they did a survey of the listeners and by a margin of more than 80% were against them playing the DC's music on the radio. And they listened to their listeners instead of losing them.

As far as them booing, supposedly at their first concert since all of this. Natalie even told people in the crowd to boo if they felt the need. Looks like the crowd in Vegas had the need.