View Single Post
Old 05-23-2003, 10:26 AM
Pixies Den Mother

Send a message via ICQ to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via MSN to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via Yahoo to Sugarsprinkles
Quote:
Originally posted by skipthisone

Thing we seem to have forgotten in this country is that yes we have freedom of speech, but actions have consequences.

Not for everyone, it seems. Jane Fonda, for example. What she did during Vietnam was so much worse than what the Dixie Chicks had to say. But look at her career in the years following. She continued to make movies, even won an Oscar. Then later she made millions, maybe even billions off her excercise tapes. Gotta love those consequences!!!!
Seems some of us can forgive someone for "aiding and abetting the enemy", but not others for simply expressing an opinion.
And the Chicks never said anything against our GOVERNMENT or against our MILITARY, only against the President. Seems to me that people have been expressing opinions against presidents ever since the first GW....George Washington.
Don't misunderstand me......I have never and will never forgive "Hanoi Jane" for her actions and statements against our government and most especially against our military men. I'm just using her as an example.

This is all I have to say about the issue. No sense beating a dead horse. And this will never blow over if we keep rehashing it over and over.
Dream Date
Just Desserts
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 1
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 2
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 3
RAVISHED!!
My Birthday - A Fantasy