View Single Post
Old 12-01-2001, 12:33 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Child Abuse

As someone who has spent her entire life devoted to the education and protection of small children I can tell you that PREVENTION goes a looooong way. If small kids are given the information they need to help keep themselves safe they will do their best to follow it. They should also be given tools to help deal with any bad things that may happen. I told my kids it was okay to hurt, bite, scratch, hide from etc... grown ups who tried to hurt them. Kids are usually not empowered with enough information to help themselves safe.
Adults who prey on children are mentally ill. They are, in general, not treatable so they should be deat with accordingly, as unredeemable (death penalty ok by me). If it were my children or a child I was close to, it would be dangerous to leave me within striking distance of the perpetrator.
Another issue is the teen issue, it is funny how many men, who would kill anyone who messes with their daughters or grandaughters, think themselves somehow innocent when THEY oogle late teen girls. Abuse is abuse........

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas