View Single Post
Old 09-20-2003, 05:45 AM
Huggable!

Lixy, I'm sure your momma was a terrific lady, but I share Sharni's feelings for spiders! *shudder*

The butterfly pics are beautiful. I've heard of butterfly gardens, you must have the plants/flowers they like.

Since Scarecrow asked about a 'sign'...... When my grandfather died his request was no wake, just a simple graveside service. It was a warm spring day. His closed casket was surrounded by flowers. When we arrived for the service there was a lone butterfly flitting from flower to flower, landing briefly on each one. I don't know why she caught my eye but I watched her as the other guests arrived. When the pastor stood up to start speaking she landed on the foot of the casket. She stayed there the whole time, just a tiny little movement of her wings. As the pastor ended his sermon and released Pop into Gods waiting arms, the butterfly flew around the casket twice and then flew straight up into the sky.... I watched her until I couldn't see her anymore. Later on that day I found out my mom & an aunt had watched her as well.

Don't know why but I felt like sharing that with you. Needless to say I kinda like butterflys.
teddy