Thread: Best Concert?
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2002, 12:37 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to nutworld
Best Concert?

Easily Van Halen on the Balance tour, at the Jefferson County Civic Center in Birmingham.

I wanted to go, but no one I knew wanted to go with me, so 3 hours before the show I purchased my ticket at the arena. I could hear the sound check being done in the back ground. I asked if there were any tix left and the lady said she had one in the front row. Needless to say I got it.

Later that night during the concert, I was rocking with my new best friend (for the 3 hours anyway) when during the chorus of "Panama" Sammy Hagar was going all over the stage getting everyone revved up, when he lowers his microphone down to me and says "sing it, man!!", so I got to help sing the chorus to the song.

None of my buddies at work believed me when I told them what happened till about 3 days later when a friend of a friend came into the music store I worked at..and told them that she saw/heard what happened at the concert, because she and her friends were about 4 rows behind me, and finally convinced them that I didnt make it all up.

Another good one was Skid Row, who came to the store for a promotional gig. They signed autographs etc at the store for about 2 hours, and then they bought a TON of stuff. It was strange seing Dave "Snake" Sabo of Skid Row walking out of the music store with the Frank Sinatra Box Set, some how that doesnt fit the "image". lol

They performed a concert that night and we at the store got Back-Stage passes for the entire concert and party afterwards. What a riot, but still not as good as VH.

Just a side note..best concert I missed was Pink Floyd on the Pulse Tour at Legion Field in B-Ham AL. If ONLY I could go back and see that one.......alas.