View Single Post
Old 02-16-2004, 07:41 PM
Soft & Silky CD

Send a message via Yahoo to Tess
Welcome to marketing brand mystique, FussyPucker. Coors breweries has elevated the technique to a science. Now it looks like they have taken it internationally.

Once upon a time, Coors was only available west of the Mississippi River in the U.S. A "forbidden fruit" mystique evolved around Coors beer on the U.S. east coast. Years ago, people would pay top dollar for Coors beer. To sell the beer on the east coast, import/exporters would export Coors to Mexico, then import it to the U.S. east coast. The import duties jacked the price up, but also demand for Coors also added to the top dollar for a very mediocre beer. Somehow, the restriction on distribution to the east coast ended about 20 years ago, and also the reputation of Coors as being an exceptional brew.

Bottom line, Coors is a mediocre American beer. Hoist a Foster's and say, "Up Yours, Coors!" It's a shame that Coor's pricing is affecting the price of your really good beers. Boycott all Coor's products. They'll get the message.

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
- Voltaire (1694-1778)

"I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them."
- Ian L. Fleming (1908-1964)