View Single Post
Old 02-28-2004, 05:26 AM

In my own defense...the divorce papers HAD been signed by all parties weeks before, they just hadn't completed processing yet . But I didn't know that at the time...I thought he meant the thing had gone through.

So I may have sinned in fact, but not in spirit.

Honestly, I don't think I'd sleep with a married person unless it was an acknowledge liason within an open marriage. Again, it's that do unto others thing, I wouldn't want it done to me.

But even with that, I think it's tough to judge what other people do or have done or would do. Lives are big, tough, COMPLEX things. Marriages involve at least two lives, and are much more than doubly complex. So unless you've lived someone else's life, you can't possibly judge them fairly. And what you think, even if just your own opinion, might come across as hurtful to someone already in a less than easy position. I'm not saying we can't have opinions...opinions, as my grandmother used to say, are those things that happen between thoughts. But we can be gentle rather than judgemental about how we express them. Most folks, when you get right down to it, are really just doing their best.