View Single Post
Old 03-02-2004, 06:48 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

Re: Aqua

Quote:
Originally posted by HarleyRider6769

Tell me If not to Have Kids , Why get married in the first Place , It's only a piece of Paper . If you Love and care for someone , what does that have to do with a piece of Paper.

That's a good question - what does love have to do with a piece of paper? Not much. And nor is it compulsory to marry even to have children, so why does anyone do it?

Could it be that, as vulnerable and insecure individuals, we crave the reassurance that the person we care most about in the world is as committed to us, as we are to them? Is it that we want to show our children, our friends and family the strength of that commitment in some kind of ritualised ceremony (religious or otherwise). Well judging by the fact that, marriage is pretty much present in every single culture of the world in some form or other, I'd make a guess that it does come from that personal need for emotional security.

So my question is, to those who are against the idea of gay marriage, why do you think gay people don't have this same need?

I'm not sure what the answer to that will be, but I can't help but feel that there are a lot of people out there in the world, who are so hung up on the actual acts of homosexual sex, that they almost forget that gay people are thinking, feeling, emotional beings who have all the same insecurities, fears, wants and needs as heterosexuals.

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !