View Single Post
Old 03-14-2004, 10:35 PM
Causer of Unrest

It's been alluded to that Mrs. Burnout might be stressed out, but I have to ask, how much are you helping with your child? As my girlfriends begin to have children, and shoulder much of the traditional caretaking duties in addition to working full-time, having one more person say "I need" may just be too much. In our busy lives (without children), sometimes it's hard for my husband and I to find that energy, that connection. I can't imagine what having to care for a small helpless persond does to that dynamic.

That is not to say that the marriage doesn't need TLC, that it shouldn't be a priority, and that you can't expect your partner to help meet your needs. But have you looked at how you can help her OUTSIDE of the bedroom so that she feels comfortable, relaxed, and not running on empty so that she has something to give to you, sexually or otherwise?

It may not be the reason for your difficulties, but it couldn't hurt to rule it out. I know I withdraw when I'm feeling emotionally and physically depleted. You can't give what you don't have. And both of you lose.

My photo threads...

Latest: Cool April Morning

XXXII XXXIII XXXIV XXXV XXXVI XXXVII XXXVIII XXXIX

Stories
Thank You, Come Again / Robyn's Roommate / Seamus, Charlotte, and the Showgirl / God, It's Good to Be Queen

"I walk with my head held high and naked in the sun, claiming these streets for myself."--Jonatha Brooke