Thread: ~*Ask A Mod*~
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2004, 12:40 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
After speaking with teddy about her questions in chat, she thought I should add something to the answer about the qualifications and selections of mods....

Kim and I selected the mods that we currently have for very specific reasons and chose them based on the way we were setting up the forums. Some general attributes of a good moderator are; availability, positive attitude, kindness, being helpful, being able to withstand criticism(thick skinned), fairness, being able to see the BIG picture, friendliness, creativity, good problem solving skills, willing to work hard for little thanks and no$$, and countless others. While there is no steadfast criteria for being selected and asked to help moderate the boards, there are definite things that would prevent someone from being asked. It is a position that entails confidentiality, professionalism, dependability, and loyalty so gossip mongers and shit stirrers would never be asked to help. The moderators have to work as a team even though they all have areas of expertise. So people who are not team players would not be chosen. Another main thing that would prevent someone from being a mod would be if they were decietful, disrespectful, or tried to fool members, being trustworthy is of utmost importance. And being computer literate enough to operate the board helps too.

If you have any other questions feel free to PM me. My box is always open

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas