View Single Post
Old 05-05-2004, 12:01 PM
Pixies Den Mother

Send a message via ICQ to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via MSN to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via Yahoo to Sugarsprinkles
*Joins Aqua in our mutual misery over the lack of a Wings/Avs Conference Final*

Well, the only consolation in all this is that EVERY ONE of the teams who have won a Stanley for the past 10 years are all out of the playoffs. So, it's NOT just the Wings that couldn't get it done this year. What does sadden me is that the injury to Steve Yzerman's eye and orbital bones around his eye may have the last time we see him play. I really hope he's able to retire the way he wanted to, and not writhing in pain. With the possibility of no 2004-2005 season, a lot of veteran players my call it a career. But I just have to say, whether or not you like the Red Wings, Steve Yzerman is one of the most upstanding and classiest men to ever have played the game.

Now, we've got Flames/Sharks and Flyers/Lightning. Only one of these teams has won a Stanley Cup before. I'm sick to death of hearing the talking heads on ESPN blather about how freakin' amazing Iginla, Gelinas and Kiprusoff are. I don't like the Flyers because Primeau's poor play cost the Wings dearly a few years back. So, I think I'm going to root for the Sharks.
Dream Date
Just Desserts
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 1
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 2
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 3
RAVISHED!!
My Birthday - A Fantasy