View Single Post
Old 09-13-2004, 03:32 PM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
i found this while looking for info...
"When it comes to using vibrators, know that there are pros and cons. For some women, the intensity of the stimulation a vibrator delivers can desensitize them to other, less intense forms of stimulation, such as manual self-pleasuring or sexual play with a (human) partner. You can avoid this problem by doing your best to find a balance and not relying on vibrator usage too much. Personal experimentation will help guide you. If, however, you find that you other forms of stimulation become duller and less satisfying, the trick is to cease use of the vibrator and allow your body to ''reset'' to accept slower, less intense (yet nonetheless highly stimulating) forms of receiving pleasure and reaching orgasm. This usually takes a few days or weeks, at the most."
~Michael Ra Bouchard M.A., Ph.D. is a board-certified clinical sexologist

the info on creams out there is dubious at best. most of the so called "experts" advised against them for a variety of reasons... they are not regulated buy the FDA and can therefore make any claims they want w/o proof, they can cause rashes and other nasty skin problems, they are for external use only and during intercourse it is all too easy for them to find their way inside you, etc, etc.

but, uh...FYI...i've never used them so i'm not real sure you oughta listen to anything i say on the subject