View Single Post
Old 11-03-2004, 03:29 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

I too can relate to what your wife is going through with regard to body issues.

I have put on weight since I got with my fiance, and it reached crisis point in May when I hit 210 lbs. Since then I persuaded FussyPucker to join a slimming group with me, since he has a little weight to lose too, and we're doing it together. I've lost 19lbs so far, but still have a way to go.

As far as Fussy is concerned I am beautiful and sexy, but I sure as hell stopped feeling it for a while. What you have to remember is that your wife doesn't just live for what you think of her, what she thinks of herself is more important, and the only person who can change her mind on that is her.

Perhaps you need to talk to her about how she sees her body and then if she decides that she really wants to lose those 15lbs, then you need to SUPPORT her quest to do it. That means being willing to exercise with her, or look after the kids while she goes to the gym, that means not bringing tempting food into the house and cooking things which comply with her eating plan.

Of course I'm not suggesting that you should approach her and say 'You need to go on a diet' but if she feels that the answer to her body image problems is to improve her body, then you must be willing to support her in her efforts to lose the weight.

If she decides she does not want to lose the weight, then I think it's fair to say that the problems in the bedroom run deeper than her body image, in which case, I refer you to Sugarsprinkles comment, and suggest that their might be other factors, such as depression etc which could be contributing to her lack of self esteem and libido.

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !