Thread: Target Stores
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2004, 12:18 PM
Suprise Me

It makes me wonder how much the 700 Club as an organization donates to the Salvation Army? Do those individuals who represent the 700 Club as their voice donate? Questions that probably won't or can't be answered. I guess I really am not that curious... the only thing that bothers me is that they are using their "religious" right and opportunity of their "powers of persuasion" to influence how people think because they don't like the all or nothing policy of one company. Boycott the company they say!!!! Well, believe you me - there are plenty of bell ringers around at businesses that they shouldn't need to stand out in front of Target!!!! What is one store out of many????

I do know that it is difficult for me to walk by one of the bell ringers without tossing some change into the pot. But then, I remember some of the people I know who they have helped - the ones who drive much better cars than I do, the ones with big screen TV's and nary a worry about where their next meal is coming from as they are also on food stamps. Those who don't have to pray that their children do not get sick because they can't afford to take them to the doctor because they are on Title 19.

...........and I am able to just toss my change into the pot once and feel I have done my duty.

I know - the truly needy mostly outweight those who take advantage of the system - but instead of pushing to boycott a company why aren't they investigating how buisness is done on the other side?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr- I guess this is one of my "hot button" issues...I apologize if I have offended anyone -

*Steps off the soap box for now and neatly places it back into the corner for others to use*