View Single Post
Old 12-28-2004, 03:12 PM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
Quote:
Originally Posted by LixyChick
Just got American Idiot [Green Day] for Christmas. The entire CD is fantastic...not just the two songs you hear on the radio.

I had been out to Wal-Mart for some last minute shopping on Christmas Adam (day before Christmas Eve) and I was looking for American Idiot for Mr. Lixy's stocking. I didn't see a slot for Green Day anywhere, so I asked the lady setting up the CD's. She was the music manager. She asked if I was looking for the new Green Day. I said I was. She said they don't carry Green Day since the new album came out. I exclaimed, "WHY NOT", so loud I scared myself. She explained that the new album was putting down President Bush and Wal-Mart has chosen not to sell such bashing. I said, It doesn't mention President Bush by name...it just says American Idiot". She said, "Exactly". I laughed...but it pissed me off so I asked her, "Do you sell U2...or Marilyn Mason"? She said they did. I told her they were quite political at times too (couldn't think of others off the top of my head at the moment)...so I think this is biased discrimination. She just shrugged and went about her business.

Doesn't matter anyway...cause Mr. Lixy got it for me elsewhere!

Also got a Chili Pepper's "greatest hits" type CD. It's got all the good ones on it.

Another example of why I won't buy my music at WallyWorld...the dedicated swallowers of facism...

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.