View Single Post
Old 04-02-2005, 11:43 PM
Mrs FussyPucker

Fussy and I looked at the 'jail bait' quiz in amusement, since every girl featured there was over the age of consent for our country.

I understand those people whose point of view is that girls shouldn't be going out of their way to look sexy, but the truth is that young girls are sexy: they often have the fittest bodies, the smoothest skin and have that freshness of youth which makes them very attractive to men, and they'd still be objects of lust, even if they never stepped out of school uniform.

It's very easy to blame fashion, the media, pop stars etc for the things that make us feel uncomfortable, and I'm not saying that parents should have no say or control over the way girls dress, but I do think that people need to accept that trying to 'blame' a 17 year old's sexiness on her clothes is futile. She'd probably still be sexy in a potato sack.

Girls at that age want to be sexy, but they only want to appeal to 16 and 17 year old boys. As a society, if we forced girls into wearing 'non-sexy' clothes, it would effectively remove the responsibility for men to be careful about who they lusted after. And then what? A girl who 'breaks the rules' in terms of clothing has no legal protection against rape? "Well, she was wearing a tube top, so how was HE to know she was only 15?" Hopefully I never see that in my lifetime.

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !