View Single Post
Old 04-03-2005, 01:47 AM
Made in England

Talking

Well Lou I am of the opinion that most young girls haven't quite mastered a sexy look. The girls I see tend to be more along the lines of cheap and trashy looking and they are no way near the ages of 16 or 17. Kids are led by the nose by what they see in the media and what their singer of the month is wearing and therefore there is alot of influence from that factor. There always has been and always will.

I see 14 to 16 year olds coming into my care with bellies and boobs hanging out and their low rider jeans rolled down even lower than their bum crack. And of course they have the obligatory thong pulled out of the pants for all to see. That is not sexy, it is showing how they feel about themselves.They are looking for attention and acceptance for how they look, not for who they are. They seem to think that is attractive. It makes them get noticed for all the wrong reasons. I am not a prude by any means but I do believe that it is my responsibility to try to teach them to respect themselves as something more than eye candy for males. They should do what they do to please themselves, no one else.....in a perfect world LOL

As far as the rape issue you mention. Rape is an act of violence against someone. People who get raped can be of any age regardless of the clothes they are wearing. Christ babies have been raped, old ladies too.

I don't think there will ever come a time that females will have to dress by a set code but they should have to dress in a manner that exemplifies their beauty and not detract from it for there sure are some poor attempts at looking good out there lol.

Hopefully I am still around in 15 to 20 years. I will come back and see what you think once you have a daughter, that is if you do have one.......