Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-24-2003, 05:42 PM
The Good Knight

Cool Beautiful British Columbia

If you were trying to show a friend from out of town interesting things about where you live what would you show?

Myself living in BC, Canada I would take them on a wine tasting tour of the Okanagan Valley. Skiing in the winter and beaches in the summer. We'd have to take a trip to the coast making sure they see our mountains along the way. We'd have to dip our toes in the Pacific Ocean and experience Vancouver night life. Of course no trip would be complete without going to our capital city Victoria which is a short ferry ride away. Seeing everything is not possible on a short vacation but you have to save things for next time right! Maybe I was tour guide in another life lol.
Old 01-25-2003, 05:14 AM
I do naked cartwheels.

Hmmmm, good question!
It would depend on who I was showing, and how long they were visiting for.

I'm in Melbourne, in Australia.
If they're staying a while, a trip down the Great Ocean Road - a road that stretches all along the Southern coast of Australia. It's a spectacular, winding road with forests and deep bushland on one side, and picturesque ocean views on the other. There are lots of small seaside villages along the way to stop for coffee or lunch, and hundreds of rock formations, shipwrecks and whale-watching lookouts. Truly a beautiful part of Victoria.

Also, we have three large zoos - one, the Melbourne zoo, is in the heart of the city, and the other two (Healesville Sanctuary and the Werribee Open Plains Zoo) are more remote. The more remote ones have animals roaming free in their natural environments etc, and informative guided tours.

Damn, I should work in tourism!

Like I said, though, it'd depend on the person I was showing around. They might be more interested in the city night life that Melbourne's famous for - pubs, bars and clubs to suit all tastes. Or a trip to the beach, a hike in the bush, a visit to some of the world-reknowned wineries - Victoria, indeed Australia in general, has everything on offer!

So when are you all coming over for the Pixies Orgy?? lol!

CasperTG

My Photos:
https://imgur.com/a/80hiRdm
Old 01-25-2003, 09:24 AM
Everybody Stretch!

Hmmmmmmmm???

Locally (my immediate neighborhood), has NOTHING of any interest. I mean that literally. In order to get to a shopping mall you'd have to drive at least 15 miles. And then there is JUST A MALL!

But, if you drive in the other direction for about 10 miles you'd run into the first ski mountain as you go north to the Poconos. I don't ski anymore......I hate being cold and wet and bruised.....but I "lodge" very well!

If you want to drive south for about 50 miles or so, you could let me show you Philadelphia. The craddle of liberty! As a matter of fact.....in all the times I have been to Philly......I'd have to have a tour myself! I have NEVER seen the Liberty Bell! *hangs my head in shame* But I can get you to Chinatown and The Art Museum, or the Poe House (Edgar Allen), etc. with no problem!

So, come for a visit and we can tour together!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 01-25-2003, 12:24 PM
Mooooo!!!

Sounds like you haven't missed anything out dude 33.

I particularly like Tofino and the west coast of Vancouver Island where you can go hiking, storm watching and all kinds of stuff (I want summer to be here soon)

Old 01-25-2003, 12:49 PM
Pixie since 9/3/2001

Biggest atraction in 30m is the local Amish community. Want to see a real horse and buggy??? Lol
Old 01-27-2003, 10:55 AM
The Good Knight

Casper - Allways wanted to visit Austrailia but the spiders are kinda holding me back lol

Lixy - Sounds like fun tommorow good for you?

xanne - thought you might know what I was talking about. Parkville is one of my favorite places on the Island

Scarecrow - They don't mind if you just stand there and stare?

Sounds like we as many diverse places as we have members here!