Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-17-2004, 05:19 PM

a rant (about LJ rating communities)

Okay, I just felt like ranting about this and if anyone reads, that's great, and if you don't care about it, I'm sorry for wasting your time but I just had to get it out bc I'm annoyed.

Okay, this is probably my fault since I *did* put myself up on it, but I've decided that livejournal.com rating communities are full of mean, superficial, and rude people. A LJ rating community is basically a community of which you join, submit an application and pictures, and people say no or yes to if they think you are good enough or hot enough.

Well anyway, I joined two couple rating communities. And I thought the pictures are decently cute, and I filled out the app the best I could. I thought that I'd prob get a few NOs since I' not perfect, but I did not expect the rudeness and meanness of the people doing so, and the overabundence of nos. I think there *may* have been one yes, but otherwise, all nos. Do you see anything really wrong with my profile or survey?

http://www.livejournal.com/communit...ples/28403.html
http://www.livejournal.com/communit...les/125873.html

I am really wondering if LJ people are just out to get me. I've seen some of the other people and looked through their surveys and pics and they don't seem to be any more better at filling it out, and the pictures aren't that much greater, honestly, but everyone is like "yes!" I don't know.

It just annoys me. And now I've let it out, I feel better. And sorry for wasting your time.
Old 07-17-2004, 05:48 PM
Serious Member

I gave you a 10 on like my nude body.

Madam, if you were my wife, I would take it.
Old 07-17-2004, 05:57 PM

and that has to do with my rant... how?
Old 07-17-2004, 07:33 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Grumble
You are right Jacki, those people are up themselves.

I was pretty shocked at the crassness of the knock backs. I thought the second application was particularly well answered. In the other one I cannot see why you have to have any hero's but thought that the answer to the animal one was not a winner. Quite a lot of people would think that answer was uncaring on that issue.

You guys are a very cute couple and I hope you find happiness in each other.

It has been my pleasure to learn more about you as a person over time and I like the person you are.

I would stay away from those type of sites, they cater for nastiness.

You be secure in your love for your guy and that we pixies love you too
Old 07-17-2004, 07:53 PM

Wink i agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumble

I was pretty shocked at the crassness of the knock backs. I thought the second application was particularly well answered. In the other one I cannot see why you have to have any hero's but thought that the answer to the animal one was not a winner. Quite a lot of people would think that answer was uncaring on that issue.

I would stay away from those type of sites, they cater for nastiness.

As Above
If you really do love each other does it really matter what other people think of you... i did think maybe the shirtless photos were a bit ott for that site but your applications were pretty good esp the second one..... to be honest if wouldnt even bother doing things like that on the net...... my missus does but i really cant see the point in it......
Old 07-17-2004, 08:00 PM
~la quelle~

I have never been fond of rating sites. I always think that people are too harsh on others. It may be that there is a sense of false security being that these comments are going through cyberspace. They are not being said out loud directly to a person's face so people feel more free to be more cruel. I would say don't bother with them. You are a cute couple and you only need the love and support that you give each other and from those that are near and dear to both of you. At least you have a place like Pixies, in which there stands a very supportive community.

Anyways, best of luck to you and your new love.

~Vurginne~
Old 07-17-2004, 08:51 PM

raven18,

That’s a bit of a bad scene there. These seem to be people who like to feel in control. I’m uncertain that you’ll be accepted even if you rework you application to their satisfaction, which did seem to be a common criticism.

Some people are like that. They get satisfaction from belittling others. Regrettable but true.

If you are intent upon making their grade, then I’d suggest you study a large number of the successful applications on the site, identify the common characteristics, and rework you application to fit that form. Once your application is complete, have someone whose opinion you trust - other than your boyfriend - edit it. Accept the criticisms and rework you application.

One way or another, good luck!
Old 07-17-2004, 11:39 PM
Pixie's Resident Reptile

Raven,
I've been doing the LJ thing for a while now, and really, this is the first time I've heard of this ratings thing. But you know, with those sorts of people who hang out on LJ, I'll just stick with my circle of friends.

Joke the rest if they can't take a fuck.
Old 07-18-2004, 01:56 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Grumble
Quote:
Originally Posted by gekkogecko
Joke the rest if they can't take a fuck.

I have never heard this expression before, what does it mean? I just cannot make sense of it.
Old 07-18-2004, 04:32 AM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumble
I have never heard this expression before, what does it mean? I just cannot make sense of it.

Grumble, it's a variation on a joking reference to a popular expression...exchange the first & last words to make sense of it...

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.
Old 07-18-2004, 06:13 AM

I'm sorry to hear you got your feelings hurt, Raven. I know less than nothing about these ratings communities, but I think that maybe there's a lesson you can learn from this. I read through some of the places I could get to from your links, and it gave me astounding high school flash backs. That lovely (ahem) period in my life when other people's opinions about me mattered more than mine did. I got a lot happier when I stopped trying to validate myself through other people's opinions, stopped giving them permission to diminish me, and started focusing on what I thought was right or true or good enough.

Basically, I'm at a point now where I don't CARE if anyone else thinks I'm cute, or if we're a cute couple. I know that I am, and if anyone else doesn't see that...or thinks they can make themselves more important by denying it....then their opinion isn't important to me. I take constructive criticism. I don't accept some in crowd that tells me I can't be part of their group because I'm not wearing the right shoes, or my bf isn't on the right teams.

I don't know why you wanted into the group in the first place, truthfully. I don't know if it's important to you to be told that you're living up to some standard as a couple. If there's some payoff to getting to do an online journal under these people's auspices, well...then I'd take some of the advice here on board, and put more of yourself into your application. Truthfully, I think that your answers didn't give them as much of a chance to get to know you as they wanted. But mostly, I'd just take some time to decide if you really care what they think, if this is how they treat people.

Just my 2cents.

G
Old 07-18-2004, 10:29 AM
Nice but never normal

I wouldn't worry to much about it. I also looked at the more vocal peoples profiles and I cannot believe were they think they are coming from. Those people are not the most attractive and their inner thoughts read like a car accident. I personlly wouldn't have anything to do with such people.

"Even heroes have the right to bleed."

"I'm wakin up at the start of the end of the world
Old 07-19-2004, 10:37 AM
Freckle Face

Raven .....I think you should just forget about it......those people are just sitting around waiting for someone to judge???? WTF! ARe they perfect?

As long as you are happy with yourself, you shouldn't need to be rated by these people. Who cares what anyone else thinks??????

His clothes are dirty, but his hands are clean; and you're the best thing that he's ever seen.
~Bob Dylan
Old 07-19-2004, 01:28 PM

thanks everyone. i feel better now
Old 07-20-2004, 02:14 PM
Ethical Epicurean

Send a message via AIM to lakritze Send a message via Yahoo to lakritze
I guess the lesson learned is to realize where you go on the internet.You wouldn't want any of these cruel,mean, crass people as your personal friends would you? I have seen pictures of you here at Pixies,I have also read a couple of your stories and all I can say is WOW!!! what a delicious little goddess you are. Beautiful smile to. Sorry some people have to be such farts.You and your boyfriend deserve much better.There is no need to seek approval from a gang of strangers.