Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2006, 06:01 AM
Everybody Stretch!

In Your Neighborhood.........

I've only ever lived in one area where I had to multi-lock my doors. I now live in such a rural area that it's dawned on me that I haven't locked my back door in two days/nights.

I do lock it when I leave for work or if I am home alone (old habits), but it's not really all that necessary round here. I feel safe if it's locked or unlocked.

How safe is your neighborhood? Do you lock your doors always? Multi-locks required? Do you keep weapons just in case? Security systems? Lighting?

No...I'm not casing the joint to make a big heist! Just curious if we are a safe bunch or do we fear for our lives and property.

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 03-08-2006, 06:07 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
I lock the door when I leave but often the slding glass doors are left unsecured. I rarely lock the doors if home during the day but always at night. No security system, no weapons. I do have two larger dogs but they are sweet not mean.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 03-08-2006, 06:14 AM

LixyChick,

We lock our doors, but entrust our possessions to 3 prowling beasts, Sox, Mischief, and Loper, while we are out.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:42 AM
~getting by~

I have double locks on three of my four doors - all are double locked at all times. I wish I had a security system - I had one previously and I liked the added comfort. No weapons and my cat does absolutely nothing to protect my dwelling, even though he's not friendly.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:10 AM
Animate my Sex Fiend

Send a message via AIM to SexKittten_18
I live in an apartment building... so the door is always locked unless my brother forgets to lock it or we leave it unlocked when we go down to the gas station or something.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:37 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

I am in the habit of locking all doors when I'm out, and we do have an alarm systen, but it's not used anymore because the movement sensors would be set off by the cats.

Having said that, plenty of times I've left the sliding doors undone and even the car door unlocked overnight without incident.

The trouble with leaving windows/doors unlocked is that your insurance may be invalid if you were burgled without forced entry.

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 03-08-2006, 08:29 AM
Larger Than Life

i live in a town of 3000 or so, we are 77kms north of a major city and have live here for 19 years and i have never locked my doors, infact i joke with some of my friends and say you can pin $50.00 to the door and it would stil be there in a year (unless my kids see it first)
Old 03-08-2006, 09:20 AM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
we lock up every night, although there have been occasions when we forgot to do so.

when bigbad is away i always lock them, and put the 2x on the slider, and the deadbolt on the front.

we recently had a peeping tom in the neighborhood who, if you believe the eye witnesses (which i do), was pretty close to taking his fetish a leap forward to rape...a few of the women who saw him (while walking their dogs) said he would start toward them, falter, and then start forward again. of course these smart cookies hightailed it inside asap, but still...seems like the dude is getting ready to up the ante, so to speak.

a woman was also raped about a month ago - less than a football field's length away from our front door.

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 03-08-2006, 09:25 AM
is not this trim anymore!

Our town has a population under 10,000 and up to three years ago there were more cows than people.

Crime usually consists of people driving through our town doing something stupid on the road, but there have been a few burglaries time and again. The doors had locks and deadbolts when we purchased the house and we lock up when we're not around and at night. During the day, Mrs. WI only locks the door when she's alone. She gets spooked easily and locking the door is more for her peace of mind than out of neccessity.

Don't need weapons to protect us, and the cats are...well, cats.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:59 AM
Pixie's Resident Reptile

Not only do I lock my doors, but there's a sign on my lizards enclosure which reads "Beware of Attack Iguana".
Old 03-08-2006, 11:46 AM
Loungin' Around

Two locks on the front door, and a chain. I use both locks all the time, and the chain goes on at night. All the windows are always locked.

We live in a small city of about 150,000 but near a big metro area, and homelessness is a BIG problem here. There is some burglury, although I live in the "nice" side of town...it's only about 2 miles away from the "bad side of town. Which is not a hard walk, really....especially when you can get better stuff in the nice neighborhood.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 03-08-2006, 03:53 PM
Is it time to get up?

Well, i live on the outskirts of a town of over 100,000. I have 3 sets of french doors and 2 normal doors all of which are secured with 5 lever locks.

When we moved in we didn't get around to figuring out the alarm system right away and promptly got burgled while we were asleep, lol.

We set the alarm now!! Of course it would have helped if we hadn't left the downstairs window open too, lol.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:17 PM
Awesome on my Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by gekkogecko
Not only do I lock my doors, but there's a sign on my lizards enclosure which reads "Beware of Attack Iguana".

HAHAHAHA! I have a sign in the front window of my van that reads "Beware of Attack Lizard!" *bobs head at other lizard*

We leave the doors unlocked all the time. Mostly because if we don't, the Amish will leave their fresh baked goodies for my Dad out on the front porch and in the weather. They know that the door is unlocked and open anytime and sometimes when we are out, we will come back to homemade pies/cakes/bread/donuts or fresh garden veggies on our table. Usually without a note, but the understood "thank you" to my Dad for something that he has done.

Our "alarm System" is our kind but nosey 92 y/o neighbor lady, K****. She watches us like a hawk, and the one time that there were kids in town stealing from cars, she saw them and called 911. My mom's purse and all of the contents were discovered and returned Thanks to K****.

Mayhem was SHOCKED that we didn't lock our house and cars, where i live. There were places that we went that i did, or he asked me specifically that he wanted the van locked. Otherwise, I don't do it.

I feel pretty safe here amongst the Amish
Old 03-08-2006, 05:30 PM
Pixie since 9/3/2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzardbits
I feel pretty safe here amongst the Amish

Have you every seen buggy road kill, I'd feel safe also. We live about 10 miles from an Amish comunity. We lock the doors at night but it is just habbit, I have a window or two that are never locked. And if I think of it I'll lock the Jeep, but most times I forget. We live in a rural community of around 4,700 and its the county seat.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:33 AM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
As the City of Music is holding at about half a million strong, so we have always had our share of big city crime...& since I inherited my house in one of the nicer sections (where there's always nicer stuff to steal), I also inherited my mother's security system, which we usually only arm when we leave, but with reports of more break-ins & home invasions, we've begun to arm it at night as well...after disabling the motion detector first, so we don't hafta crawl to the bathroom in the middle of the night...

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.