Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-26-2004, 03:35 PM
My own little world

Send a message via AIM to TinTennessee Send a message via MSN to TinTennessee Send a message via Yahoo to TinTennessee
Internet Providers

In an effort to save money, yeah right (lol) I am looking at other service providers. Does anyone have any knowledge of PeoplePC that is forever being advertised?
Old 07-26-2004, 05:25 PM
Keeping warm

I do know that after a few months the price raises to around $17 from what it was to begin with. I don't have it myself but mine is getting out of hand with their price for Dial-up. I wish you luck on finding a good one.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
Question

In the area,that I live in,you have to get,the cable company(TV)that the town has a contract with!(Metrocast)A few years ago,I had AOL for an
internet provider.I had no problems,with it,but it used your phone line.At the
time,I was working mostly temp. services(mostly ManPower)& they contacted
you by phone.If you were on your computer,the phone,would signal-Busy!
Metrocast,also had an internet provider.I ,therefore,had it switched.It is,
slightly,more expensive,but the lines were already run & now my phone line is
open.I don't know about ANY of the others! Irish
Old 07-26-2004, 06:44 PM
1 of 8,111,103,258

Within this last year I ordered my daughter a decent computer package and got her on line. To let her get comfortable with some basic procedures, I let her shop for an ISP on my computer. She can shop the hell out of anything and squeeze a nickel until the buffalo shits in her pocket. She did end up with PeoplePC and has been well pleased. It’s proved to be very stable and never has any problem getting online. With Cleveland being served in a major market area, I don’t know if the reliability would be any different in other locations. What I know of it, go for it TT, if the price is right to you.

As for dial-up in general, I can tell you they will ALL get whatever they can from you. When I went on-line over nine years ago, stratos.net was a small local provider as most were at the time. I would buy my service, six months at a time, to get the best price available. Within a few years, they were gobbled up by Earth Link and in turn, by CoreComm. The price continued to creep up until I was paying just over $20 per month paying up front for the year. After seeing the competitive prices available from my own provider, to new members, I called and pitched a bitch. Polite inquiry and conversation got nothing but a script read. After demanding to talk to the head of the “Screw Your Loyal Customer” department, I was able to negotiate to HALF the price I had been paying.

The primary reason for wanting to stay with them is my early, and desired mailbox. I have an e-mail address that is irreplaceable and broadly published where it should be. They have been telling me that DSL is in the works and will be available soon, for two years now. The lesson to me is that they will discount and promote to get MORE right now, and will wring everything they can from who they have. That’s the facts of life today!!

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 07-26-2004, 06:58 PM
My own little world

Send a message via AIM to TinTennessee Send a message via MSN to TinTennessee Send a message via Yahoo to TinTennessee
Thanks for the info everyone, it is much appreciated
Old 07-26-2004, 11:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantyFanatic
Within this last year I ordered my daughter a decent computer package and got her on line. To let her get comfortable with some basic procedures, I let her shop for an ISP on my computer. She can shop the hell out of anything and squeeze a nickel until the buffalo shits in her pocket. She did end up with PeoplePC and has been well pleased. It’s proved to be very stable and never has any problem getting online. With Cleveland being served in a major market area, I don’t know if the reliability would be any different in other locations. What I know of it, go for it TT, if the price is right to you.

As for dial-up in general, I can tell you they will ALL get whatever they can from you. When I went on-line over nine years ago, stratos.net was a small local provider as most were at the time. I would buy my service, six months at a time, to get the best price available. Within a few years, they were gobbled up by Earth Link and in turn, by CoreComm. The price continued to creep up until I was paying just over $20 per month paying up front for the year. After seeing the competitive prices available from my own provider, to new members, I called and pitched a bitch. Polite inquiry and conversation got nothing but a script read. After demanding to talk to the head of the “Screw Your Loyal Customer” department, I was able to negotiate to HALF the price I had been paying.

The primary reason for wanting to stay with them is my early, and desired mailbox. I have an e-mail address that is irreplaceable and broadly published where it should be. They have been telling me that DSL is in the works and will be available soon, for two years now. The lesson to me is that they will discount and promote to get MORE right now, and will wring everything they can from who they have. That’s the facts of life today!!

P.F.---That's the main trouble!Sometimes,you can get the price,cut dramatically or eliminated completly,with a simple phone call.I check,all of my bills,even store cash register reciepts,& have called them on it.With an oil company,& with my internet provider,I have had charges erased,completely.
I'd rather be on their "shit" list then be taken! Irish
Old 07-26-2004, 11:39 PM
Nice but never normal

That is seriously the truth. When I was in college my roomies and I had DSL through Qwest. Every month for a year there was a huge bill because they had added this or that to it. I guess they figured if they do it enough and make it a real hassle to get it fixed people will stop trying.

"Even heroes have the right to bleed."

"I'm wakin up at the start of the end of the world
Old 07-27-2004, 09:09 AM

Send a message via ICQ to thedog
Before I switched to cable (1 1/2 years now) I had been using an ISP called GTC Internet. Back then it was $9.95 per month -- don't know what it is now. I used their service unmercilessly. In all that time, I had one minor outage, I called, their technical support was excellent, and they were already on top of the problem, which was a local modem bank.

They have nodes (shared modem banks) in most major/medium sized and some even small cities, I never got a "busy". If you're still looking, you might want to check them out.

http://www.gtcinternet.com