Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-17-2003, 03:43 PM
Scottish Angel

Love and hugs to all!!!!!!

Just want to let you lot know that with all the crap that is happening in our world at present that I hope you and yours stay well and blessed, and that humanity comes through this okay.
Have just had to explain why people put others through war and terror etc to a 10yr old------------difficult when there is no answer that seems to give adequate meaning! Thank God for Cartoon Network!
Dm~~~~~~~~~~~~~I love youxxxxx

love n hugs everyone!
Old 03-17-2003, 03:48 PM
Erotic Photographer

Send a message via ICQ to douginfla Send a message via AIM to douginfla Send a message via MSN to douginfla Send a message via Yahoo to douginfla
Victory througgh superior firepower!
Old 03-17-2003, 04:12 PM
~*Geeky Girl*~

CelticAngel, I understand. One night my husband was flipping through channels on cable and came upon a program dealing with the way terrorists were hiding in Afghanistan/Pakistan. After watching it for five or ten minutes, he realized our five-year old had come into the room when he started asking 10,000 questions...and he became very agitated. About a week later, I had one scared little boy at bedtime, worried that there was going to be a war in Iowa or in Kentucky, where his grandparents are, and wondering why we have to have soldiers. He was concerned that his daddy or even me would have to be a soldier, and he was obviously very scared. You're correct...it's a very difficult subject to try to explain, and while I read reports on the violence found in cartoons today, Cartoon Network and the like provide an escape to shield my little ones from the very real, very scary, and very violent world we happen to live in. I think whatever your feelings are on the very probable war we are about to enter, it is pretty obvious to see that now, perhaps more than any other time in history, we are so "connected" to the world around us. It is wonderful to have that instant access to so many things, but it also makes it a job to shield our precious ones from growing up too fast.

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, then let it, and if you have to wait for what you really want, take the time because nobody said that life would be easy. They just promised it would be worth it." ~ Unknown author

Old 03-17-2003, 05:42 PM
Just me.

It's too bad we can't all become like little children and if we really get carried away, they'd make us sit in a corner until we promise to be good! Rats. Why can't adults be as smart as little kids?

Anyway, may God bless all Pixie families and everyone, of every nationality, who have loved ones in harms way.
Old 03-17-2003, 09:09 PM

The best way to explain things to kids is to just be frank about it. Children today are more aware of what is going on than most people realize, and they have a huge torrent of media confronting them. It is best to hear the truth at home than to believe lies from the media.
Old 03-17-2003, 09:15 PM
Lusting Horny Pixie

thanks celticangel for posting this...

these are such scarey times.. whether one is an adult.. or a child.. the unknown is always the most difficult...

may everyone here remain safe....

hugs
Old 03-17-2003, 09:20 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
naked 6 year old, standing in the tub dumping cups of water on his head, "I think we are gonna have a war"

me, "I think we probably are"

him, still unflinchingly dumping, "I don't think I'm gonna like it"

me, "you're pretty smart kid"

made it through that one

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 03-17-2003, 09:47 PM
Lusting Horny Pixie

great kid unfortunately that is no doubt just one conversation of many to come
Old 03-21-2003, 10:22 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Grumble
back to the theme of this thread.

It is the goodness and love of people that makes such a difference in difficult times.

Thank you Celticangel, love and hugs back, sweetie and to all my fellow pixieites.
Old 03-22-2003, 11:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to DragonLady
I'm lucky my one year old monster , won't understand, But he gets agaited by certain sounds, so we pretty much keep all things of war off the tv, Pg Rated at my house only

What would I tell my son, I don't have a clue. I guess we can only have faith everything will always get better and hope that we are right.