Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-22-2004, 12:00 AM
Suprise Me

Exclamation My little girl is growing up...

I don't know whether to laugh or cry!!!! My little girl - my baby, started her period yesterday. She will be 11 in January. I don't know why this was such a suprise to me as I started at age 10 too but she is my baby.

I am not sure if I am ready for this next stage. I knew it was coming, we already had the other changes - bra, shaving legs, armpit hair.. lol!! She still wants me to tuck her in at night and give her a sloppy (kiss) and fluff her blankets as she is laying in bed.

I took a good long look at her today - she is going to be a beautiful young lady both outside and inside - she is growing up and it made me smile.

But still....why am I sitting here wanting to cry????

Old 11-22-2004, 12:13 AM
yada, yada, yada

Send a message via Yahoo to darogle
Well Chey, you're not alone. My daughter is 11 and I'm going through the same stuff. She's older than my perception of her. To me she's still 5, and I just took her to her first day of school. But, ya know, they'll always be our baby... whether they be 10 or 40. If tears should fall, let them be joyful.
Old 11-22-2004, 12:17 AM
Loungin' Around

((((Chey)))) and ((((darogle))))

Don't let them grow up too fast.....

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 11-22-2004, 12:25 AM
Suprise Me

(((darogle))) You are 100% correct about her always being my baby. I still get hugs & kisses in public lol - so I should be grateful!!!

(((osuche))) - I think that is what is bothering me so much. I just seemed like yesterday she was cuddling on my lap wanting to thumb wrestle or just listen to my heart beat in my chest. LOL - now she is only a few inches shorter than I am and before long will be taller. It went by soooooo fast!

Old 11-22-2004, 12:55 AM
1 of 8,111,103,258

My sweet little girls twin is 6 now. ………. Oh wait! That’s HER daughter that’s 6 now.

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 11-22-2004, 04:36 AM
slightly daft bugger

This morning, as my son took his nap, I could not help but notice just how adorable he was. Curled up upon my chest, one hand entangled in my chest hair, the other clutching my beard, he grunted and drooled his way into the Sandman’s castle. Such a happy little baby, always ready to play with daddy. Content, I drift off into sleep myself…

Cheyanne, I am crying with you as I write this. For you see, when I awakened from my nap, my cute little baby was gone. Somehow, he had been replaced by a gangly, hairy, and worldly fifteen year old. Yes, he is a very handsome lad. Still eager to do things with his old man, even though other things beckon. Intelligent too, though I will not bore you with details of his scholastic achievements or extracurricular activities. He is turning out to be everything that I could hope for him. Yet, in the bottom of my heart, I still yearn for those grubby little hands…I am sorry, I got carried away a bit.

Cherish every fleeting moment you have with her, the time goes by so damned fast.
Old 11-22-2004, 06:14 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
I'm feeling so many of the same things you all are feeling and it's so good to know I am not alone.

My 13 year old grew up without asking me if I was ready. I'm not. I just needed about 20 more years to fingerpaint more, read to him, hold him in my arms without him squirming to get free, teach him about life before he learns the hard way, and to just let him know he is loved.

Damn it now I am verklempt!!!!!

((((hugs))))

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 11-22-2004, 01:52 PM
Huggable!

The days of dandelions clutched in pudgy little hands, playing in mud puddles and begging for 'just one more story Momma' are long gone from my house. While those days were great, where we are now if terrific too! I get to hear about college experiences, dates and concerts.

I can't help but think of that song from Fiddler on the Roof..... Sun rise sun set. 'Where is that little girl I carried? where is that little boy at play? I don't remember growing older, when did they?.....'
Old 11-22-2004, 02:58 PM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
*sniff* you guys are making me feel nostalgic and mine are both still little...lol. i don't have an opinion or answers from the point of view a mother of adolecents would but i can tell you this: as a daughter, it wasn't too far after these years that i began to see my mom and dad as friends and not just parents. so, along the lines of what teddy said, although it is a big change, it is a forward-change and soon enough you will realize that you still love her as your daughter and also cherish her as a close friend.

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 11-22-2004, 03:09 PM
is not this trim anymore!

Our daughter turned 9 yesterday and has started wearing a bra. She's still my little girl in so many ways, but I know the time will come when we too are experiencing it. I am not looking forward to it at all.

Our oldest son turned 12 on election day and has hairy legs already. Like Lilith, he grew up when we blinked. And when I say grew up...I mean grew UP. He's 5'10 and more closely resembles a high schooler than most of the high school kids in town. I'm not ready for him to be a teenager, and it seems he already is.

Our youngest will be 7 in a few months. Luckily he's not stingy with the hugs because we're gonna need them.

Damn.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 11-22-2004, 06:02 PM
Wishful Thinker

Send a message via ICQ to BigBear57 Send a message via MSN to BigBear57 Send a message via Yahoo to BigBear57
Talking

Awwwwwww Chey, Hon I DO know how Ya feel. My lovely daughter is 16 and my son is 11 and it only seems like eyeblinks ago they were toddlers. I'm proud of the people they've become though. My son's a bright witty charmer and my daughter is funny, smart and determined young lady. She's not one to take crap and she's tactful when challenged. (unlike some Dads I know LOL) I've had several tearful days thinking they've grown up too fast but then they make me feel good by showing how well they've done it.
BTW just wondering. how could you daughter NOT turn into a beautiful young lady with the Mom she has? I'm sure the ladies will add the father too.... she's got the makings on both sides.

Nothin' in the world like kids.... no doubt about it.

Love is not looking in each other's eyes, but looking together in the same direction - Antoine De Saint-Exupery
Old 11-22-2004, 06:52 PM
Manwhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildIrish
Our daughter turned 9 yesterday and has started wearing a bra. She's still my little girl in so many ways, but I know the time will come when we too are experiencing it. I am not looking forward to it at all.

My girl is 11 and has been in a bra for awhile now... I figure she is pretty close to starting and I am not looking forward to it. At least she is not trying to be too grown up.... although I do a fair share of discouraging and act her age much of the time anyway, so acting grown up to her is a very immature thing. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildIrish
Our oldest son turned 12 on election day and has hairy legs already.

Uh-huh... following in the footsteps of good ol' Uncle Aqua.

He's got my birthday, he's got my legs... he's well on his way to being a Wookie!

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 11-22-2004, 07:06 PM
Suprise Me

You all are so great!!! Here I was feeling like a fool for being so mournful of what was past and by your responses I know that I am not being foolish. Silly me. I guess I just needed a day to adjust. She will always be my little girl and I realize even though she doesn't snuggle or call me mommy anymore what we are going to experience will be just as precious as what we have experienced. I just needed to step back and look at the whole picture not just the pieces...

((((HUGS))))

Old 11-22-2004, 08:26 PM

Our youngest will be 26 in Jan. every time I see her I see a little blonde haired girl with chipmunk cheeks and her telling me "squirddles wive in hickowy twees " yes I still want to grab and hold her and tickle her like she was 2( but the son-in-law looks at you funny when you do).But grand kids come along fill the void,then you get to start overwhat fun it is! One thing we did for our girls was put a dream catcher over each bed then evey week or 10 days we would ask "what did you dream about" we would write down whatever they told us and date it with thier name put it in a leather pouch(a dream keeper) one day we will give them their childhood dreams back to them.So hold on tight but dont smother them to much.
Old 11-22-2004, 09:45 PM
Open to suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyanne
But still....why am I sitting here wanting to cry????

Because you are a MOM, and you are growing.