Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Sex Talk
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-07-2004, 03:32 PM
Grouch

Friends with Benefits then Become Lovers?

So hey I was talkign the other day with this girl at work and she was telling me how she was just sick and tired of dating a guy around a few times only to find out that not only does it not go anywhere steamy, but he just winds up meeting some other girl and she is left alone and horny.

Her solution is that leatly she is just finding a guy she likes and jsut randomly has sex with him, but then well he just won't commit.

I confesed that I hve the same problem with women, and that the two times I had a serious relationship were both were with girls that I had started out being a freind with benefits and then wound up being their boyfirend and eventually fiancee in the case with my last gf. I just fell in love with them becuase after the sex I realized there was jsut a whole lot more to the relationship.

She was like see that's what I would love to happen, but she was told that love never happens that way. I said well I thought so until it happend to me twice.

So anyone else have a friend with benefits become lovers?
Old 06-07-2004, 05:59 PM

Send a message via AIM to BlueSwede Send a message via Yahoo to BlueSwede
I had a platonic friend, who became a friend w/sexual benefits, who eventually asked me to marry him. I think it helped that we knew each other well and were friends before we became sexually involved. He didn't ask me to marry him until he learned that someone else had asked me, and I guess he did a lot of serious thinking about our friendship.
Old 06-07-2004, 06:07 PM
Lusting Horny Pixie

I would certainly love to find a friend with bene...
Old 06-07-2004, 07:21 PM
gurly gurl

I am too sensitive...I would fall in love.
Old 06-07-2004, 09:12 PM
Loungin' Around

Have had friends with benefits, with and without love...both were nice...

Oh ~ and I tend to believe that friendship IS a type of love...

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 06-07-2004, 11:42 PM
Grouch

Well it is good to know I am not the only one then.

I was brought up Southern Baptist and even though I have not been to a Southern Baptist Church in years and barely attnd my own Episcopalian church it is funny how I still have those beliefs that I have held on to sine a child.

Like how you can't have a relaionship based on sex so having sex with someone will ruin the relationship. The simple fact of the matter is that well even if you had sex with a person the first day meeting them, then later on find out they wewre junst an all around fine human being, then no harm no foul.

Likewise, sometimes you jsut have sex with people who just wanted to have sex with you no strings attached. Of course my problem is decerning whihc girls jsut wanted to be fuck buddies and which were falling in lvoe with me :-(
Old 06-08-2004, 12:47 AM
Fallen

Quote:
Originally posted by osuche

Oh ~ and I tend to believe that friendship IS a type of love...

I totally agree...as for me, I have had friends with benefits twice, currently in a relationship like this at the time, and couldn't be happier. Sure, maybe it would be nice to have a "conventional" relationship, but I will take what I can get.
"And as we all play parts of tomorrow, some ways will work and other ways we'll play. And I know we can't all stay here forever, so I'll write, my words on the face of today...and then they'll paint it" - Shannon Hoon
Old 06-08-2004, 02:44 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

Fussy and I started off as online friends, but then became online friends with online benefits, we then met up and became real life friends with benefits, and now we are living together and planning to marry.

In my opinion good relationships come from ones which start with a friendship - it means you get to know the person without being blinded by sexual attraction, status or the other things which come into the picture when you're 'dating'. I think relationships based on friendship are usually more honest and more respectful and are entered into more seriously as there is more at stake.

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 06-08-2004, 09:31 AM
Nice but never normal

I've had one friends with benefits, suprisingly it worked out well. I knew she really liked me but I didn't want a relationship, so when she finally wanted to get into one we went our seperate ways. All of the others were my gf before we started anything.

"Even heroes have the right to bleed."

"I'm wakin up at the start of the end of the world
Old 06-08-2004, 10:32 AM
Freckle Face

I had a Fuck buddy once....but it turned out he wanted a relationship with me and I didn't....we really aren't even friends anymore because of it. It's sad....but I couldn't reciprocate his feelings and it hurt him. I was up front with him from the beginning, but he still got emotionally attatched. I don't think I would do that again. It was pretty bad when it all ended and it's just too easy to confuse sex with a relationship.

His clothes are dirty, but his hands are clean; and you're the best thing that he's ever seen.
~Bob Dylan
Old 06-08-2004, 11:07 AM
HornDawg Cowboy

Send a message via MSN to quisath Send a message via Yahoo to quisath
I think Sex among friends is wonderful. Love can sometimes complicate it but only if you let it. I have Loved and been Loved by some fantastic friends. (and we still talk ................ imagine that)
Old 06-12-2004, 04:53 AM
~~Kinky Bitch~~

Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1979
jeeping and i started as friends w benifits about 5 years ago got married 3 yrs ago ................ he was my only FWB i had fuck buddies before but thats dif, i really didntlike them in person but there was atraction and that was it , we hated each other wud go to each others place for a booty call then leave LOL was so dif w jeeping we actually liked each others company and like to be around each other , it just grew to be so much and no matter how muc i bitch about him i do luv him to death!

nikki
Old 06-12-2004, 05:07 PM
Lost without a compass.

Send a message via Yahoo to Mercury_Maniac
i need a friend with some benefits myself!
Old 06-12-2004, 06:04 PM
Wet Member

I was friends with my hubby before we had sex....then it was friends with benefits...and then marraige...but I have had a lot of people just with benefits before that..some were not friends..just passing in the dark...
Old 06-12-2004, 06:10 PM
MMM, do it to me again.

i have a friend with benefits, but i have fallen in love with him. and i told him so, and after about 3 months, he told me he loved me too. we're both married to other people, and he will not leave his wife as he loves her too. but he does know how i feel. if he hadn't payed such special attention to me and treated me just like a sex toy, i probably would of never fallen for him, but he was and always has been very sweet and loving, and i fell head over heels...