Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-16-2004, 06:22 AM
Prince of Pervs

Angry Coors sucks bottom!

OK I'm calling on all pixies to boycott Coors!!! bloody robbing bastards beer costs enough as it is with out sodding American companies trying to squeeze even more money out of us!

Beer Price Hike Threatens Pubs

The price of a pint goes up by 10p from today - and that is before any budget rises next month.Landlords are warning the increase threatens the future of pubs - with many people choosing to drink at home.

Rural pubs could be the worst hit with many facing closure.

The move comes following a a decision by American brewing giant Coors, which produces Carling, Grolsch and Worthington, to increase prices from today.

Tony Payne, Chief Executive of the Federation of Licensed Victuallers says the increase is one of the steepest he has seen and represents a real threat to the pub industry.

He fears it is likely to extend the drift of people away from pubs to home - where they're drinking cut price supermarket beer.

It could also result in the closure of many pubs already experiencing hard times.

He is also critical about Coors timing of the increase - shortly before the budget, where he expects a rise in duty to further increase the price of a pint.

It is likely that other brewers will follow suit and increase their prices too, but a spokeswoman for Scottish and Newcastle, producers of Kronenbourg and Fosters, said their customers would be the first to know if they were planning such a move.

.........I guess I'll never be drinking Carling again.......which is OK cos I mostly drink Fosters anyway

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

Sarcasm: It's not big and it's not clever...........but it's funny as fuck!

The Special One!
Old 02-16-2004, 07:50 AM

FussyPucker,

Good luck!
Old 02-16-2004, 09:26 AM
Everybody Stretch!

Fussy hunny?

Can you say....."Boston Tea Party"????

*ducks and runs outta the thread*

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 02-16-2004, 09:28 AM
Everybody Stretch!

P.S. How about trying some "Samuel Adams" brew?

OMGGGGGGG! I am soooooooo bad I need a spankin!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 02-16-2004, 09:36 AM
Prince of Pervs

Lixy honey why don't you come here and try some of........"THIS"

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

Sarcasm: It's not big and it's not clever...........but it's funny as fuck!

The Special One!
Old 02-16-2004, 09:41 AM
Lusting Horny Pixie

Coors???????? EWWWWWWWWWWWWW... of all the beer in the world.. I would think that 99% of the choices are BETTER than Coors... My dad always referred to that particular brand as "HorsePiss"... ROFL...

Stick with the Fosters Now.. that is some mighty good stuff (That says alot considering I am not much of a beer drinker).

Hugs Fussy
Old 02-16-2004, 09:53 AM
Everybody Stretch!

Fussy hunny.......is there a tax on "that"?

TeeHee!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 02-16-2004, 09:53 AM
Made in England

Boddingtons is my fave......mmmm.....that creamy ale from Manchester!
Old 02-16-2004, 10:49 AM

Send a message via ICQ to thedog
Coors. Ugh!

Budweiser. Rice beer! Phooey!!!

I had the opportunity to live and work in Bath, Brighton, and Swindon for several years. I also worked in Belgium (300 breweries - and even Stella Artois is better than Coors) for some of that time. My work also took me to southern Germany and Bavaria.

IMHO, any of the local biers, be they from Britian, Germany, Belgium, or the Netherlands (one taste of Trappiesten Bier spoils one forever) are superior to anything produced in America. (Is it the lack of pastuerization?).

To me, there are not too many better ways to spend an hour or so than to meet with friends in a pub (I probably indulged that fancy too many times while there, but what a delightful memory). The White Swan along the Thames was one of my favorites on my way from Heathrow to the West when I would come there - but all pubs are great. It would be disturbing to see that lifestyle fade into oblivion because of Coors. How repulsive.

I'm not sure I understand how a company like Coors, with such an inferior product to yours, can control the market in Europe?

And will the pub tarrifs you mention affect all biers or only the American imports?

Just curious.

And I really miss the biers of Britian and Europe. If you like bier, and you've never had a pint 'o ale fresh from the tap on your side of the Pond, you've missed a piece of life.

Cheers!

Last edited by thedog : 02-16-2004 at 11:06 AM.
Old 02-16-2004, 12:40 PM
Working Stiff

Bud Light! Bud Light! Bud Light!
Old 02-16-2004, 12:46 PM

"I mostly drink Fosters anyway..."

Fussy, Fosters is so rarely drunk here that they had to to export

it to survive.

Mind you, they're making it in Canada, USA and the UK now.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Guinness. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 02-16-2004, 07:22 PM
here and there

Quote:
Originally posted by thedog

IMHO, any of the local biers, be they from Britian, Germany, Belgium, or the Netherlands (one taste of Trappiesten Bier spoils one forever) are superior to anything produced in America. (Is it the lack of pastuerization?).

Mass produced commercial beers? Yes. Microbrewed beers? Sorry, I can not agree. Next time you pass through Nashua, NH take a stop over at Martha's Exchange.... try their stout, pale ale, or brown ale. All very tasty beers (though they are not as good as a few years ago, as the brewer left... lucky for me the guy just set up shop out here in Rochester, NY).
Old 02-16-2004, 07:41 PM
Soft & Silky CD

Send a message via Yahoo to Tess
Welcome to marketing brand mystique, FussyPucker. Coors breweries has elevated the technique to a science. Now it looks like they have taken it internationally.

Once upon a time, Coors was only available west of the Mississippi River in the U.S. A "forbidden fruit" mystique evolved around Coors beer on the U.S. east coast. Years ago, people would pay top dollar for Coors beer. To sell the beer on the east coast, import/exporters would export Coors to Mexico, then import it to the U.S. east coast. The import duties jacked the price up, but also demand for Coors also added to the top dollar for a very mediocre beer. Somehow, the restriction on distribution to the east coast ended about 20 years ago, and also the reputation of Coors as being an exceptional brew.

Bottom line, Coors is a mediocre American beer. Hoist a Foster's and say, "Up Yours, Coors!" It's a shame that Coor's pricing is affecting the price of your really good beers. Boycott all Coor's products. They'll get the message.

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
- Voltaire (1694-1778)

"I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them."
- Ian L. Fleming (1908-1964)

Old 02-16-2004, 10:22 PM
~Imaginary lover~

Send a message via MSN to cowgirltease Send a message via Yahoo to cowgirltease
Quote:
Originally posted by jennaflower
Coors???????? EWWWWWWWWWWWWW... of all the beer in the world.. I would think that 99% of the choices are BETTER than Coors... My dad always referred to that particular brand as "HorsePiss"... ROFL...

Stick with the Fosters Now.. that is some mighty good stuff (That says alot considering I am not much of a beer drinker).

Hugs Fussy

I drink nuthin but the "HORSEPISS!"
To each his own.........
Old 02-17-2004, 01:07 PM
Ethical Epicurean

Send a message via AIM to lakritze Send a message via Yahoo to lakritze
Boycott Coors...You're to late....Never drink the s==t..Don't drink Bud either..Just one taste was all it took....If I'm going to go for the mass produced stuff,I'll have a Miller Highlife....But it is the microbrews or imports for me...