Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-13-2006, 10:15 PM

Baby/Proposal

A few weekends ago I learned that my girlfriend of a little over a year is pregnant. She plans to keep the baby even though she’s never wanted one. She’s only been able to tell me about it thus far. She’s worried what her parents will think/say/do since they think she’s still a virgin. (She‘s in her early 20‘s and lives away from home but her parents are clueless)

I plan to do the right thing and propose to her. We both love each other very much and this will be the best thing for the baby.

I have a couple of ?’s.
#1. Does anyone have any really romantic ideas for a proposal?
And #2 How should we go about breaking the news to her parents?
Old 02-13-2006, 10:21 PM
gurly gurl

First of all, congratulations on the most wonderful experience you'll ever have.

As far as proposals........Do something that is personal and special to both of you.

Breaking the news??? Maybe letting them know you have "two" wonderful things coming up...your marriage and the birth of their grandchild.

Good luck and best wishes!!!!
Old 02-13-2006, 11:08 PM
Loungin' Around

Try asking her dad's permission to marry her. Let them get used to the idea of the marriage before you tell them about the pregnancy. You don't want them thinking that the only reason you're marrying her is because she's pregnant.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 02-13-2006, 11:08 PM
Mrs FussyPucker

It's Valentine's Day for goodness sake...that's a pretty good start.

Keep it simple, and tell her how you feel when you do it.

Other than that, IWM is absolutely on the button.

P.S. How come the people who don't want to get pregnant do it so easily, and the people who plan it have a much harder time?! I can't wait to be telling my parents they're going to be grandparents!!!!!

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 02-14-2006, 05:29 AM
helo everybody

Wink

Hi there Congractulations!

1st of all when i was proposed to for the 1st time, my ex took me to our special place along the beach he had ordered a skywriter and got it done in the sky in large letter's " WILL YOU MARRY ME, LISA "
How could I possible say no to that.

In regards to telling her parents, how do they feel about you and your relationship with her? I recommend for you to tell her parents 1st that you are getting married and then see there reaction with that, if all goes well you can follow something with along the lines of " Well, thank god youare happy imagin when you find out your going to be grandparents " It has alway's worked with frinds of mine and with me.

Old 02-14-2006, 08:09 AM
Banned

Whoa, a skywriter! That would be cool!

The fear of telling the parents is probably the worst part. The quicker it's done, the better, I'd think. All you can be is straightforward.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:17 AM
gurly gurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loulabelle
P.S. How come the people who don't want to get pregnant do it so easily, and the people who plan it have a much harder time?! !!

Been the question of my life
Old 02-14-2006, 10:20 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to bare4you
I agree you should ask her father's permission to marry her. I did and he thought I was crazy as he was under the impression that sort of thing didn't happen anymore (way back then)

I can give the impression of the grandfather of a child who has parents that live together and aren't married. While I was more than a little pissed at first, once the baby was born and I accepted that he didn't have anything to do with the fact that his parents kinda had things backwards when it came to marriage and parenting, he's actually kinda neat. The father of the child though has yet to say word one to me and that disappoints me greatly.

Do the right thing though and marry her for love, not just because of your child please!
Old 02-15-2006, 02:31 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bare4you
Do the right thing though and marry her for love, not just because of your child please!

Amen to that bare4you!

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 02-15-2006, 11:55 AM
Manwhore

I agree with bare4you. Getting married because your girlfriend is pregnant is not the 'right thing'. The right thing is to make sure you take on the responsibility of being a parent.

If you already had plans of marriage, great, then go for it! If it's mainly because she is pregnant it will most likely make for a very rough road ahead.

Either way, I wish you both happiness, joy, and a healthy baby!

I like the idea of asking her father's permission, but you would know the man better than I on whether or not it'll go over well.

For the proposal, if you can incorporate it with something you both enjoy doing together it should go over well. It depends on the comfort level of your gf though. To some women, a public proposal in front of a hundred people would be romantic, some women might be horrified. Whatever you choose to do, make it meaningful.

Good luck!

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 02-15-2006, 08:58 PM
Insatiable

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty
I plan to do the right thing and propose to her. We both love each other very much and this will be the best thing for the baby.

I have a couple of ?’s.
#1. Does anyone have any really romantic ideas for a proposal?
And #2 How should we go about breaking the news to her parents?

Good for you. Once you see that baby you will know love like never before.

1) & 2) I like Osuche's advice very much...

Quote:
Originally Posted by osuche
Try asking her dad's permission to marry her. Let them get used to the idea of the marriage before you tell them about the pregnancy. You don't want them thinking that the only reason you're marrying her is because she's pregnant.

Good luck to you both! Let us know how things go!

rabbit
Old 02-15-2006, 11:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bare4you

I know what you're saying, bare4you. Every relationship is different, though.

I also know women who fake pregnancies. I know women who fake engagements.

If they think marriage is the right thing to do . . . maybe it is.

My main worry is that she says she never wanted one. Is she ready to devote her life to a child?

I know people who wanted a dog but only had it for a week before they gave it away . . .

Children and animals are for a lifetime.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:02 AM
~ Waiting for kleclere ~

I agree with bare4you, purpose to her for the right reasons and not because of a baby on the way. I also have concerns as far as her not wanting any children.

I was officially purposed to on Valentines Day of this year. We already had a date set and things bought and paid for before he officially purposed. He wanted to wait to do it on a *special day* in which I didn't care when he did it because I knew he was the one that I want to be with for the rest of my life. In my opinion if she loves you and you love her enough to marry her then it doesn't matter how you purpose. She will be so excited anyway. The love is between the two of you I hope things work out for you and good luck with everything. Also being honest is the most decent thing to do when it comes to telling her parents.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:31 AM
is not this trim anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph
I know people who wanted a dog but only had it for a week before they gave it away . . .

Children and animals are for a lifetime.

It was TWO weeks...and we'd still have him if Mrs. WI wasn't allergic!

Now, the kids on the other hand...

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 02-16-2006, 07:16 PM

As a dad that was told we're pregnant we're getting married Iwill give you the same advice I gave to them.

Marry my daughter for love not because you feel obligated, love and care for her and my grandchild with all your heart and you will rebuild the trust that was broken it may take a little time but it will happen.Show me that you are really tryin to make a home and a life for my daughter and grandchild ,then I will help you.

ASk to marry her first before you announce the little one its not such a shock to a dads heart. Be prepaired to receive a cold shoulder from both parents for a while, it is human nature when a trust has been broken .

now when can I play with the kid? yes I have 2 son-in-laws that I love and treat as my own sons it just took a little while

Good luck and hope it works for you also