Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2005, 04:17 AM
mystic spirit

Send a message via AIM to wanderingsoul
Upper body workouts

I gotta get up early tomorrow so I'll try to keep this unusually short, for me at least. :wingang:

Basically, I used to be fat and now I'm not. Top three areas I want to work on are my abs, chest/pecs, upper arms (?biceps?), as well as improving my general stamina. I've never really been 'cut' and I'm not just wanting to look 'cut.' Basically, I want to be as generally fit as possible with as high of a stamina as possible.

Basically the only weights I have are two 20lb weights and like 90lbs of assorted weight plates that go on a dumbbell or whatever. I think I've got a bench press bar that's like 10-15lbs somewhere. I used to have a work out bench but I'm pretty sure I got rid of it.

As far as my financial status right now, to be broke would be an improvement. lol So if lifting milk jugs filled with concrete is the cheapest way to go then that's probably what I'll do. :jump: So basically joining a gym or something just isn't an option.

nighty night
Old 11-07-2005, 05:10 AM

Gym, Gym And More Gym, Is What I Can Recommend To You That Is The Cheapest And Easiest Way That I Have Found So Far..

Let Me Know How U Go
Old 11-07-2005, 05:41 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Push ups and sit ups, at very high repetitions. 100% free

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 11-07-2005, 07:47 AM
is not this trim anymore!

Pushups & situps will tone what you have as opposed to increasing mass, and yes...it'll build stamina. Do pushups in sets of 20, and situps in sets of 50, and you'll find yourself less winded at the end of them soon.

You may want to check Freecycle in your area for a weight set. I waited too long to respond and missed out on a two year old bowflex. Oh well...we have enough places to hang laundry anyway. lmfao

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:48 AM
Wishful Thinker

Send a message via ICQ to BigBear57 Send a message via MSN to BigBear57 Send a message via Yahoo to BigBear57
Starting out think about the most basic of exercises, walking. I was walking 3 miles a day early in the mornings and then working weights in the afternoon. When you can manage walking even a mile at a fast clip you'll find you stamina for the other exercises greatly improved. Try Irish's idea to begin with maybe adding in variations as you get more wind. Pushups with your feet propped up some, leg raises to compliment the situps. I always found dips to be great for arms too... you can even add weights to a belt as you advance there. If these ideas don't thrill you... maybe do a search on isometrics.. another free source of fitness my brother used back in his martial arts days. Good luck with whatever you do. Just more rambling thoughts from me.

Love is not looking in each other's eyes, but looking together in the same direction - Antoine De Saint-Exupery
Old 11-07-2005, 01:18 PM
mystic spirit

Ok well I was planning on starting walking/jogging but I don't know how well that'll work since it's getting colder everyday.

I absolutely love doing dips, seriously I could just do them all damn day. Push ups have always been a big favorite of mine.

How much do gym memberships usually cost? Between the access to something to do dips on, a treadmill or something, and the possibility of meeting a few new friends, it might be worth it to just join a gym but like I said, I'm always broke.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:18 PM
Just want to enjoy life!

Baling hay or straw, worked for me, and you get paid for it!

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.
E. E. Cummings

My Pictures

Picture requests

As Promised
Old 11-12-2005, 07:56 PM

A mate of mine a long time ago had a 10kg block of lead with a steel bar through it.

He had a stepped bench about 15 inches (400mm) apart which he used to lift up and down to music. The bench was about waist height.

It was too hard for me.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:00 AM
mystic spirit

this is what i'm working with
Attached Images
File Type: jpg me 006.jpg (38.6 KB, 358 views)
File Type: jpg me 007.jpg (50.7 KB, 347 views)
Old 12-12-2005, 11:17 PM

Hi it's not actually looking as bad as you would think :P It depends on exactly what you're looking for.

Something of a cheap way of weights etc believe it or not is to get something like baby milk powder tins and just fill them with sand or even bottles. Obviously start off with what you can manage and build up.

Just got to ask sorry is do you know any ruitines or certain movements?

For example a good one is to lay flat on your back and raise your legs up in the air and try and keep them there and then spread your legs apart and leave them there then bring them together and lower them slowly, you should feel the lower of your abdomen being excercised i know it's a pain but if you are willing to train and routine it should pay off.

Obviously sit ups are a biggy but try and vary the way you use sit ups, making sure you use your stomach muscles independantly to bring your body up, such as laying flat on your back, and only curling up a little for the upper abdomen, while pulling up to sitting position for your middle.

As for the pectoral muscles, well never forget the solar plexus on this otherwise you make life alot harder for shaping and building. Best way for this is to pull things towards you. I mean for example for any people who work in supermarkets you'll know what a cage is where it is literally a cage on wheels, with all the goods in it. And you have to ideall push them to move them but pulling them to you not only excercises your arms but your back, upper body, chest and your legs a lot.

I know it sounds daft as well but laying on your back, and just lifting the baby cans with sand up at the same time as if they were connected may help.

I know it may sound daft but it really does work, as a friend of mine used to get bullied and used to be small so just started with sand in powdered milk cans and now can't clap because he has alone 18 inch biceps :P

Walking is a good way to keep the pounds off, but usually only working if you walk slightly faster than your normal pace, just enough to be out of breath try and find if you can do it up inclines as well so as you can feel it affecting muscles such as the calf muscles.

Something i do is get wrist and ankle weights, and just wear them while you do average things like walking or house work. And you'll be amazed at how they help when you take them off and how light your limbs feel. Also something i do when stressed and need excercise is wack on varying music, and shadow box to the beating, making sure to keep a pucn to eat beat while holding about 2-4kg weight in each hand. It'll tire you out quick at first but you'll feel the muscles you want to build getting used.

Anyway i could go on forever and i'm sorry for being long winded, and i only hope i could help. If you do want more then just ask and i'll irritate you all some more lol. Sorry.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:11 PM
mystic spirit

mo apology needed, great advice. Thanx

POW/MIAs - No Will Never Be Forgotten

Karma can be a bitch, so don't make her mad!

Politeness counts.

The definition of a gentleman/lady is someone who does all the he/she can do to make the people around them as happy and comfortable as possible

Life's a bitch but it's all gotta be for something. If you keep faith in that, everything will be okay.

Every once in a great while, you just gotta kick a little ass!
Old 12-13-2005, 03:07 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Coastie
As some have said before.. walking/jogging/running.. situps.. pushups.. that's the poor man's gym right there and it works.

There are different ways you can do pushups widearm, close hand, regular, and more advanced. The same with "Situps", you should actually do crunches which work your abs, situps don't really they work your back. Try alternating how you do them say crossover your chest, bring your left elbow to your right knee and then vice versa.
I'll see if I can't get a buddy to do up a workout plan for you that don't require any exercise equipment, (he's a personal trainer).

I've been the military for 9 years (Army 4, and Coast Guard 5) and I've always stayed in great shape without any need to workout equipment. In the army it was a rare day that we touched weights, 99% Run/Situps/Crunches/Pushups/Pullups/Dips
Old 12-13-2005, 03:44 PM
mystic spirit

yeah, that's exactly what i'm looking forboth in style and in routine. I have a habbit of throwing myself into something until, well I fall on my freakin face.

thanx

POW/MIAs - No Will Never Be Forgotten

Karma can be a bitch, so don't make her mad!

Politeness counts.

The definition of a gentleman/lady is someone who does all the he/she can do to make the people around them as happy and comfortable as possible

Life's a bitch but it's all gotta be for something. If you keep faith in that, everything will be okay.

Every once in a great while, you just gotta kick a little ass!
Old 12-13-2005, 10:41 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to bare4you
For me - getting my cholesterol results was a big wake-up call. I went the same day to the local gym and joined. Got myself a membership and personal trainer (she has to be into S/M the way she treats me).

If you have a YMCA they aren't too expensive to join and you could work out there. Find someone to work with though - someone that knows what the heck they are talking about, that will really help you out! Good luck and keep us posted!!