Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

View Poll Results: Should we have a separate forum for Politics & World Views?
Yes, because I am eager to participate in such topics 4 8.33%
Yes, because I want to avoid such topics 11 22.92%
No, because this is a sex not a political forum/board 5 10.42%
No, because it can be discussed in the Gen Chat area 16 33.33%
I don't give a flying fuck just someone get naked 12 25.00%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-06-2004, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharni
...I love to learn stuff about other places....and Pixies is an excellent place to do it

Hear, hear!
Old 08-07-2004, 05:07 AM
Everybody Stretch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
They say the squeaky wheels get the grease. Sometimes they squeak so loudly that you can't hear all the other wheels grinding away and keeping things running smoothly. This was simply an attempt to hear all the wheels, not just the squeaky ones. Hard for me to consider what everyone would like when I usually only hear about what a few people don't like. No conspiracy, just consideration. I could have polled people privately (all 17,000) but I wanted everyone and anyone who had some input or idea to have a place to discuss it.

I love that you opened this subject up for discussion in this way Lil! I'll speak for myself here and say that I try to keep in touch with all the goings on at Pixies but there are more times than not when I find myself saying, "I didn't even know ___________ (fill in the blank with...so-and-so is leaving or pissed off or meeting in person...etc). The mods here have so much to contend with that making this a public discussion can only benefit you by getting the feedback all in one place. Also, it makes me feel even closer to my Pixie family when I get to participate in an open discussion about the future of the site!

I do hope more Pixies will reply here and make this the diplomatic thread it is intended to be!

Now...could someone tell me what this is all about? LOL! PM's will be greatly appreciated!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 08-07-2004, 06:27 AM
Southern Belleified

If there was more members posting there would be more things to talk about. ie. SEX. Any ideas to get the lurkers talking?
Old 08-07-2004, 07:17 AM
<----Snappin' Pussy

It wont happen Catch

Lurkers are lurkers *LOL*...we have tried for years and while the odd one or two might decide to post....most of the time they stay as lurkers

*~Sharni~*

If you go hunting tigers....be prepared when ya catch one!
Old 08-07-2004, 08:29 AM
Southern Belleified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharni
It wont happen Catch

Lurkers are lurkers *LOL*...we have tried for years and while the odd one or two might decide to post....most of the time they stay as lurkers

That is true. But as they say. "We have ways of making you talk." It would seem to me that perhaps more blood might spice things up.
Some of the adult groups have a thing that you must post 3 pics or make a text post or your account will be closed. Yahoo has been telling group owners to keep their groups active to.
Old 08-07-2004, 09:19 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
We'll never require anything...participation is voluntary. I hate forums that tell people how to be involved. Lurkers have the right to lurk. Often they PM or participate by clicking sponsor links. Sure I wish they were active and posted but will continue to keep them in mind when making site decisions.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 08-07-2004, 09:35 AM

Catch22,

I like to think of the lurkers as Pixie’s Silent Majority.
Old 08-07-2004, 09:45 AM
Southern Belleified

Indeed. I was just saying what happens elsewhere. It would seem to me that you can not have it all ways. Not that many post and sure some fur flies. Like in any relationship there are days when someone is going to be in a bad mood. Such is life.
Old 08-07-2004, 09:59 AM

I voted to 'avoid' such topics, although IF they come up, I'll participate.

But let's face it, politics has NEVER polarised people as much as nowadays. As I see it, PP members handle themselves very nicely in all aspects of posting, but elsewhere I've seen forest fires raging on many non-political fora - and guess what? About politics. Seems that, wherever else on the web you go, start an innocent discussion anywhere on the web on any topic, and pretty soon you're going to be dragged in to a 'Bush or Kerry' debate.

Personally, I'm not in favour of comparmentalization - you should be able to say what you want, where you want. But nowadays Politics has a very, very nasty habit of twisting apolitical discussion towards itself. I post to several non-sexual fora, and I've seen some otherwise very inspired threads turn sour because of politics. I once asked in a fiction forum, in all innocence, whether people under 40 felt annoyed at being the first generation not to do so well, financially, as their parents, and for peoples personal stories about it, about what economic policies should be changed/kept etc. The very next 5 posts were attacks from people questioning my loyalty to Bush - ironic, as I'm not even American.

I think a good idea MIGHT - not saying it WILL be a good idea - be to install a separate forum, in which there should be no NON- political discussion. I think we'll all be grown up enough to discuss the meatier issues of our times there, and be content with merely brushing against politics elsewhere. For example, you might have a thread on 'Sex On The Porch - where should we allow it?'

I trust the good people here to handle that topic well, brushing only briefly on 'Mississippi is Bible-belt land, so no, it won't go down well there' before moving on, instead of dwelling upon "You damn people should move to f*cking San Francisco where you can be among your own kind!". So in short, let's not confine strictly politics to a subforum for politics, but rather allow the good people here to exercise common sense, of which they have plenty, and use a political forum for questions like "Would Kerry spend more on education?"

However, I don't envy the Moderator(s) on this one. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Perhaps a trial run?

Sorry if I'm posing more questions than I'm answering!

Jaybee.
Old 08-07-2004, 03:58 PM
<----Snappin' Pussy

Damned if we do and damned if we dont *LOL*

That has happened on more than one occassion believe me....just know we do not make any decision lightly...it is discussed...dissected...and discussed again...

**But rest assured once the decision IS made that Is what it will be and we will NOT back away from it.....damned or not!

**Note: We feel we have made the right decision...but will still listen to other members input....if enough pros or cons are bought forward for a situation then we will possibly re-evaluate a decision

*~Sharni~*

If you go hunting tigers....be prepared when ya catch one!