Old 05-19-2003, 11:03 AM
Wildland Fire Fighter

Ya must be...............;-)

GOT MUNCHIES??????

Pixie's Wildland Fire Fighter
Find'em HOT and Leave'em WET!
Old 05-19-2003, 11:30 AM
Manwhore

I tried it once in my life. The second the smoke went down my throat I had a major coughing fit. I have never tried it since. I would support legalizing it for medicinal use and think it should be used more in the textile industry. I do not support legalization for recreational use, but I do support treatment over jail sentences. When I go out to a club or a bar I don't care much for breathing second hand cigarette smoke and care much less for the thought of breathing second hand pot smoke.

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 05-20-2003, 12:03 PM

I acutally was wonding the same about the Pixies and pot smokers.

I, too, smoke nightly. It really helps me medically. I was on meds for epilepse (sp?) which made me suicidal and kept me so sedated I couldn't function well enough to hold the gun to my head (which I suppose is a good thing looking back). Anyhow, long story short, I decided to get off of the meds and begin smoking pot to fight the shakes. Low and behold, it works wonders and I don't spend a majority of my life thinking about eating a bullet ..

Legalize it.
Old 05-20-2003, 12:30 PM
Mrs FussyPucker

I have never tried any kind of illegal drug, but I have to say that I believe it should be legalised.

Having said that I have a far bigger problem with the act of smoking itself, so perhaps if it were to be legal it should only be legal in certain forms (i.e. you should be able to eat it, but not smoke it).

The only reason it's illegal in so many cases is because it grows so easily, carries such medicinal benefits and therefore going back in history it was banned to prevent pharmaceutical companies from going out of business. Who the hell would bother with buying aspirin when you could take a little hemp from your back garden?!

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 05-20-2003, 01:21 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Stillwater Send a message via Yahoo to Stillwater
I think Liliths answer is funny. No, M45 you're not the only pothead here.

I don't have any right now or I might be smoking it. I don't have a job either.

There are MANY MANY MANY issues on this, there are forums dedicated to pot talk, so I won't flood too much about it. Hemp was banned mostly by the cotton lobbyists, you know someone has always got to make a buck, no matter what they fuck up.

Yes, smoking it is awful on the lungs, one joint throws more crap in your lungs than a pack of little white slavers. However, while cigarettes make sure the junk stays in your lungs, mj helps "keep it moving" on out. I've had it in tea form, certainly I've chewed it and had it in brownies.

I would agree that it shouldn't be "sparked" in a restraunt unless it's a pot smokers lounge, but I wouldn't have a problem stepping outside of Dennies to tokeabowl

I think that the idea that it should be medical vs recreational is obscene. I know that it can be taken to excess in recreational form tho it when I've seen it done that personal usually has other problems they haven't addressed, ie chainsmoking, cracksmoking, etc. Yet it has been used religiously for centuries, for centuries people burned it as incense to see and speak to god. Hindus still use it in ceremonies today as well as Rastafarians. I'd like to see the point when the self proclaimed Jesus Freaks learn that all leafy green plants were put here by god for our use. *smiles*

Sugarspinkles, you hit the nail on the head "Fight crime, not pot." I mean, seriously, the stuff grows from seeds and we spend billions of dollars making sure this country doesn't have access to it. The D.E.A. doesn't see/stop 10% of the drugs brought into this country, the government is fighting a losing war and making many responcible adults casualties. My REASON for this post was the young man who talked about going to jail for a month, for POT. How he was in fear of getting raped and the things he had to do. You know how bad that could have been?

Yes, I think I'll write my congressmen or local state representative right now!

The only people who want to keep it illegal, that I've known, either A) have some prejuidice against it or B) Make more money this way.

*takes a deep breath and goes back to being STILLwater*
The power to change the course of reality is a gift stolen from the hands of time and fate not by the apathetic nor idealistic dreamers but by those who feel the pull of ambition and head the call with dedication.
Old 05-20-2003, 01:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
Question

I wrote a thread about how the prices have changed yesterday
It got lost&I don't have time to rewrite it now.Maybe later.It's
interesting,I think! Irish