Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-22-2004, 11:49 AM
is not this trim anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyler_m
I have a father that loves me unconditionally. That's what a father is. I consider myself extremely lucky.

You are. And as bad as I remember it being, I was lucky too. There are those that have it worse and I know that.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:07 PM
Weedscreamer

I will be visiting some of those ideas in the near future. My daughter has pushed for her, my mother & I to get together. Just the three of us at my mother's house. My daughter and I started rebuilding our relationship a few years ago. We're fairly close, now. My mother and I have seen each other twice in 18 years. The last time was at my son's wedding and we were barely civil to each other. We will be getting together from November 9th until the 12th and staying at her house. I am trying to let go of an awful lot of, let's just call them "bad feelings". It is a tough thing to do. Especially with her. So, lengthy though this is, I understand the premise. I've been toying with the idea of just shifting into neutral and letting things pass over me when I'm there. We'll see.
Old 10-25-2004, 07:34 AM

Mae,

Good luck with the time with your mother.

Hope it's more healing than confrontational.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:23 AM
Weedscreamer

Thank you, OF.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:01 PM
~getting by~

Gosh, this is something I struggle with often. I had a very wise friend that crossed my path briefly in college. I shared a lot of my family baggage with her and she shared with me the idea (which most of you already know) that our past, good - bad - right - wrong or otherwise, helps shape us into the person we are today. It was a HUGE revelation for me at the time, and allowed me to look upon many moments I had viewed very negatively and found the positives of my person at that point in time. I still strongly believe it has made me the driven, successful, and independent person I am. Only recently I have realized that while those are wonderful strengths they have also caused me to miss out on some other things in life. Now I toy with determining how to accept some of the other baggage I've created in my recent past and where to carry myself forward.

Obviously you are all very bright people, and none of this is earth shattering to you... but it's nice knowing none of us are alone as we each take a personal quest to make peace with the past, and treasure today and tomorrow for what they are.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:06 PM
Loungin' Around

Knowing and doing are often two seperate things. I've sometimes wondered if I'd have turned out a much better person without going through some of the emotional struggles of my life.

But all-in-all, maddy ~ you're right. And I wish you the best of luck on your journey towards peace and happiness.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 10-26-2004, 06:37 AM

Osuche

It's sheer bloody-minded survival.

If you don't come to terms with the shit in your past AND present,

the baggage will drag you down.

Past shit is today's fertilizer, grow from it. (Sorry sounded too profound to ignore).
Old 10-26-2004, 06:59 AM
Loungin' Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfart
Osuche

It's sheer bloody-minded survival.

If you don't come to terms with the shit in your past AND present,

the baggage will drag you down.

Past shit is today's fertilizer, grow from it. (Sorry sounded too profound to ignore).

You know, I think you're right. Loving someone else requires that I love *me* first.....which necessitates dealing with my past.

Ahhhh.... the perspective old age gives you.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 10-26-2004, 07:08 AM

Yes, I met an old person who lent me her perspective LOL