Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-12-2007, 08:39 PM
Leo was right

D'OH!!!!!

Well, guess I'll just ask again next week.

No love, no friendship, can cross the path of our destiny without leaving some mark on it forever. ~~ Francois Mocuriac

Confucius say, "He who masturbate into cash register come into money."

An optimist looks at the glass and says it's half full. A pessimist looks at the glass and says it's half empty. A Cubs fan looks at the glass and says, "When's it gonna spill?"

Deus Impetitio Esuritori Nullus
Old 08-18-2007, 08:28 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Ask me tonight when I get home!

I hope I don't have a heatstroke. It's an outdoor concert.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 08-18-2007, 08:31 AM
Leo was right

Don't worry, I will ask.

And I think you're looking at it from the wrong perspective Lil. It's not that you get to see Frampton in concert, it's that he gets to perform for you!

Hope you have an incredible time and that the heat isn't too overwhelming.

No love, no friendship, can cross the path of our destiny without leaving some mark on it forever. ~~ Francois Mocuriac

An optimist looks at the glass and says it's half full. A pessimist looks at the glass and says it's half empty. A Cubs fan looks at the glass and says, "When's it gonna spill?"

Old 08-19-2007, 07:08 AM
Leo was right

So? How was is Lil?

Old 08-19-2007, 07:28 AM

Tell please.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:26 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Peter Frampton was so amazing. A lady in the crowd held a sign that said, "I've been waiting for this moment since I was 11." He says, "I guess I really should have been a bit taller with a bit more hair for you then eh?" and she told him he looked just as good to her now as he did then. He told her, "get in my truck." Perv. On "Do you feel like I do?" he teased and kept the crowd pleading for him to play the mouth/guitar thing. I wish it had been dark already when he performed because the crowd was sort of lazy but he worked hard to keep the energy up. Apparently he's a big recycling proponent because he spoke a bit on the subject and wore a green shirt with a big recycle symbol on the front. He did not sing, "I'm in you." Which disappointed me greatly but he did all the other classics and his instrumental cover of "Black-hole Sun." His guitar playing was just unbelievable. I told Most Honorable Son #1 to mark this memory because today was the day he saw Frampton Live.

It was an outdoor concert and I did not pay the extra for the good seats. So the best pics I could get came from the projections.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg frampton.jpg (50.8 KB, 140 views)
File Type: jpg frampton2.jpg (58.8 KB, 144 views)

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 08-19-2007, 09:35 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

The Doobies were great too. They did about an hour and a half with all their hits as well as some blues numbers. They also did a duet hawaiian (sp?) guitar number. The crowd was really into it and it had gotten dark so when they sang "Blackwater" and substituted "Georgia moon won't ya keep on shining on.." the crowd went nuts! They ended their encore with "Listen to the music" and even my way too cool for school kids danced and sang

It was a great way to end our summer together and mourn the coming of a new school year.

Scotz I took #3 for you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg doobies.jpg (30.8 KB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg doobies2.jpg (27.3 KB, 137 views)
File Type: jpg doobies3.jpg (18.1 KB, 135 views)

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 08-19-2007, 09:37 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Here's the last bit. It was 189 degrees out and I was cooked like a lobster but as the night wore on a breeze picked up and a couple of times a few cool raindrops fell but no real rain despite some blackening skies. Great day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg doobies4.jpg (23.9 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg doobies5.jpg (29.5 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg doobies 6.jpg (39.8 KB, 135 views)

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 08-19-2007, 10:12 AM
Leo was right

That is so cool Lil!!!

Even the way too cool kids had a great time huh? How great is that? Damn, I would love to see Frampton live!

The Doobies were my first ever concert so I'd love to see them again someday too.

Sounds like you had an incredible night! Great way to fight the heat or at least tolerate it.

Old 08-19-2007, 11:27 AM
Everybody Stretch!

Oh Gawd...I envy you!

So glad the rain held off. It looks like a rockin time Lil! TY for the pics!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 08-21-2007, 12:26 PM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
I knew Frampton wasn't quite pretty poster boy he used to be, but I think it suits him fine, because now he has a chance that people will notice what a tremendous guitar player he has always been. I suspect that he didn't play "I'm In You" partly because it doesn't allow him to show that side of his music...coupled with his statement on "Behind the Music" that that time was a very bad one for him, professionaly he was a superstar but his private life was falling to pieces (I think the lady he wrote that song for left him feeling hurt & betrayed...I can assure you, songwriters never like revisiting the love songs written for the bitch that screwed them over)...

Lil, you didn't hafta get a pic of the bass player just for me, but I do appreciate the thought...bass players get overlooked a lot, but I also see myself as a pretty fair guitar picker too...which is why I had to backtrack when I saw the last pic of the whole band, when I saw what I thought were double-neck guitars...turns out they were just doing the old Steve Howe (of Yes) trick of having the acoustic on a stand while keeping the electric strapped on & ready to play on cue...

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:50 PM
Manwhore

/me is teh jealous!

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these