Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2005, 07:24 PM
<----Snappin' Pussy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LixyChick
I feel backed into a corner here and I've a need to defend the majority.

Sorry you feel this way...that was not my intention

Again it goes back to the fact that all else can have there say and its all good....Sharni has hers and it gets taken personally by someone...

My post above was NOT pointed at you as far as i know

My opinion should be just like any one elses

*~Sharni~*

If you go hunting tigers....be prepared when ya catch one!

Last edited by Sharni : 02-05-2005 at 07:35 PM.
Old 02-05-2005, 07:33 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
There are no "mere members", we are a community, and such as that, we all answer to someone when the need arrises. It's those same people we turn to for advice and counsel when we are unsure of the path we should take. Sometimes advice is solicited and sometimes it comes along even when we don't think we need it and certainly don't want it. I get feedback and answer to the owners but I also get feedback and answer to everyone else in the community. That's why I occasionally ask you about areas that I want to improve upon or to help me find a solution to something I see as a problem. I can do nothing alone.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 02-05-2005, 07:58 PM
~getting by~

I feel a bit PF'ish as I post this, and he should be proud of what I'm about to say...

Both the mods in this post mentioned the need for new blood to keep the site alive and thriving (in so many words) ... seeing it said once just made me note and move along, seeing it said twice made me raise an eyebrow. On to the PF'ish comment...

Are there some sort of statistics kept somewhere that I don't know about (or don't have access to) that are showing a decline in new members or something of the sort? Or are the comments made merely as comments but not as scientific findings?

I'm just curious really and somewhat intrigued (its the geek in me) to know if there is something that the mod team is really concerned about numbers-wise.
Old 02-05-2005, 08:05 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

I can get my hands on stats and everything is fine (great even). I think I just always speak of needing new members because unfortunately the real world sometimes has a way of stealing members away. Also because I like to learn about new people and hear new opinions. It's fascinating to me that there is a woman is almost the same age as me, who lives halfway across the world from me who loves Orli, and another north of me who travels the world for her job and yet we all love sex, and share our experiences with eachother. How many times do you guys wanna hear the story about me having sex with my boyfriend on the hood of his Cougar?????????????? New people bring new perspective and new tales.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 02-05-2005, 08:11 PM
~getting by~

Wonderful, and I truly appreciate your sentiment for new people, new friendships, new experiences. It's something that I look for in the places I choose to "hang" on the internet. One of the reasons I like Pixies so much, it's amazing the things you can learn from others when you choose to open your mind to it. Thanks for clarifying for me
Old 02-05-2005, 08:11 PM
Everybody Stretch!

Quote:
But that's not saying that I wouldn't vote for everyone who is already in office...it's just to say that I don't like to be made to feel lesser the member because I am not a mod! We were ALL members first!

That's the essence of what I meant by my statement. Always knew it was a moderated site. Never disputed it, even. Mods are members, first and foremost, and then they have all those special buttons to push! Does it make a mod wiser or better than [us]? It does if the mod[s] thinks it does! I happen to believe that we are equal...yet separated by a few extra buttons.

I'm not trying to push your buttons Sharni! I'm trying to make a point! That is...with all the members who choose to post, be it a newbie or a regular, the very few who get trampled just might deserve it! Weigh the sides. I think you'll have to admit...the good outweighs the bad! [We] don't flame or bash every newbie, everyday. So happens some stand out more than others...and this is the kind of thread that ensues!

I've finally gotten tired of being told how to conduct myself/ourselves when the conduct of another is so questionable I can't understand the concern for them above [us]! It's not as if everyone who comes through the door is trashed. Those who take the time to peruse the site will understand/absorb that, and we have to trust that we aren't the intelligence squad of everyone who opens our door!

I cannot imagine that everyone here would take this "be kind to everyone, no matter how big an asshole they might come off as time after time" attitude in your real life! If you were honest...you'd either flip them off, shout your first thoughts, or turn on a heel and not give them a second chance to make a good first impression! Because we know how to conduct ourselves in a cordial manner...we give first, second, and sometimes third chances (especially at the request of a mod) before we throw our hands in the air and let our freak flags fly.

I dunno! I just know...my initial feeling upon entering this site was awe and peace. I had found a group of really great people and I wanted to spend time with them. I posted with enthusium...and when I felt I might be getting out of hand (posting madly...with no direction), I asked for guidance...and heeded that help with reverance and appreciation. I'm an advocate of feeling that most peeps think on my wavelength...and then there are the others...lol! From one extreme to the other...I can open my mind to nearly anything except perpetual assholiness (word?...is now)! Then I have to stand up for [our] cause...no matter the consequence!

I'd better get to the dungeon. I know I am expected!

~Thomas Dewar~

Last edited by LixyChick : 02-05-2005 at 08:50 PM.
Old 02-05-2005, 08:29 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

assholiness is indeed a word...coming from the rootword assholio which means someone who is such an asshole that they are not even worth the aggravation or at least that is what Summer assured me one time when I was upset

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 02-05-2005, 08:47 PM
Everybody Stretch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
assholiness is indeed a word...coming from the rootword assholio which means someone who is such an asshole that they are not even worth the aggravation or at least that is what Summer assured me one time when I was upset

Oh...cool! I almost logged it into my Lixtionary. But, since Summer already has it Summerized...there is no need to duplicate the notation!

*lmfao*

TY Lil! See? You do learn something everyday here at Pixies!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 02-05-2005, 10:44 PM
Unusually Curious

Same ol', Same ol'

Seems this debate will never end!

Well there is my next twelve months of pixies hit over with for another year.

I now know why I stay away!

Behind me is a Woman rolling her eye's!

The only opinion about me that matters is the one I have of myself
Old 02-05-2005, 11:48 PM
~Imaginary lover~

Send a message via MSN to cowgirltease Send a message via Yahoo to cowgirltease
Lilith, I didn't bother to read anyone elses post before I say what I'm about to say. First ,I love you and all of the other pixies with all my heart. This is my home. I have a problem as you know with political issues on this forum. I feel this topic is too heated to be on a sex forum. I'm sorry but I'm telling you how I feel. This is my "feel good" place. My escape from reality. As far a being "part of the pack" I've heard it called..... I have over 200 pixies on my yahoo messenger. I'm not by any means bragging. All I'm saying is the pack is pretty damn big! It's not a "select few" for me as people may think. I love ya all!
My second problem........ Mistress whats her name came in an immediately started talking down to people(she didn't last long I know ) so why should anyone else be allowed to?
Whatever happened to being nice and respectful? There is NO EXCUSE for bad manners.
Thats what makes us who we are. We care about each other even in our personal lives. We as you said before "groove on one another"
Thats a helluva lot different than some one saying "gimme" I want to get off.
This is a sex forum not a slut forum.
I have feelings just like everyone else. I don't care if you're bi or straight. Treat me with respect and you'll get the same from me.
I don't know what to tell you..... I feel it too. But we can't let people come in here and talk to us like we are shit under their feet either. The day that starts happening I'm outta here.
I guess this ones up to you guys. I would like to make a suggestion tho. Flaming doesn't say much to me. I think it needs to be put in more descript words whats expected out of a member. What they can and cannot say to people here.
And Yes we are different from any other forum and I'm damn proud of it!

P.S. To all the newbies out there.....
You don't have to get cocky to fit in here at pixies. Just be nice thats all.
You'll find more friends than you can shake a stick at.

Last edited by cowgirltease : 02-06-2005 at 12:27 AM.
Old 02-06-2005, 12:12 AM
~Imaginary lover~

Send a message via MSN to cowgirltease Send a message via Yahoo to cowgirltease
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgisober
I have been chewed up and spit out in the chat room and I still don't know what the fuck i am doing!!

Awww you love us and you know it.
Old 02-06-2005, 12:54 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LordMagicMan
Personally I like it here, I might not post much but that isn't because i feel i'll be violated or put down, its just the way I am. Thank you for having this site, i enjoy it alot!
Old 02-06-2005, 12:55 AM
Loungin' Around

I know this is going to be a long post....so I admire anyone who actually reads through it all. I guess I am feeling a bit Lixy-like this evening.....My body clock is set somewhere over South Dakota, and I flew about 2600 miles today....and had one too many scotches en route.

First, on feeling comfortable on pixies (here's another bulleted list for ya, wyndhy):
* There are some cliques here, and it took me almost 15 months to feel "at home" here -- two events made it happen....(1) IAKG's patient friendship, and (2) meeting Aqua (which seemed to soften a couple of people up. )
* Sometimes I still feel left out, even though I have 13K+ posts and I am one of 10 most prolific posters on the site.
* I *know* I am different than most members -- and I have learned to sometimes hold my tongue, but often my difference from the group has kept me coming back. Where else can you meet suuch a diverse group of basically good people?

Thoughts on Pixies in general:
* We can be a surprizingly conservative group. I've seen lots of people flamed for disrespect. questionable sex practices, infidelity, deflowing virgins, and the like. Our response often depends on tone.......Howeever, it has often struck me that we are a curiously conservative group for a sex site.
* There are an amazing number of people here with some of the deepest and most wonderful hearts I've ever met...and this keeps me coming back.
* It bothers me that some topics like politics are paux pas in Pixies. I think these topics -- properly labeled -- should be open game. If CGT doesn't want to read them (or anyone else!) then oyu don't need to. ((I say this as kindly as I can. I rarely look at pics because many of them do not interest me....If I don't want to see them, I just don't open the threads.))
* I think sometimes this site can be a bit "dummed down." There are a few of us on the site who are engineers, intellectuals, politics, current events, science lovers, and the like. I almost *never* start a thread in one of these topics, because it ***always*** gets ignored or hijacked. I feel like it's *uncool* to be a smart or politically aware Pixie, and that seems like a damn shame to me.

I've welcomed many new members, and I love new blood here. There are very few Pixies I dislike (although I am sure more than a few dislike me. HaHa). I *have* occasionally flamed someone -- I did it recently (about a week or so ago) I believe. I've never checked with a mod before a post, and to my knowledge have only had one post removed because of the content that I posted. I think the mods do a grand job in this department, and I thank them all for their time and thoughtfulness.

(((((hugs to all)))))

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 02-06-2005, 02:22 AM
Made in England

Thanks for the mudslide Lil
Old 02-06-2005, 03:07 AM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
Quote:
assholiness (word?...is now)!

I first heard the word in the 70's satirical sex flick (say that 5 times real fast!) "Flesh Gordon & the Sex Ray" ...was used as a form of address to the evil Dr Wang by one of his soldiers, as in, "Your Assholiness"...my wife, friends, & myself immediately seized that as the perfect title to bestow on a certain sawed-off egomaniaical guitar player we knew...

& yeh, I'm hijacking this thread, Take me to...uh, someplace warm I guess...

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.