Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-12-2005, 11:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseal
To extrapolate from the observed problems surrounding Hurricane Katrina and conclude that “…the basic function of government is to keep the rich and/or powerful in their positions of wealth & power…” is an intellectual leap too great for someone with my many limitations. Even those with whom I share only a few opinions seem also to demur at such challenging claims (see above).

Oh come now. Surely you don't expect us to believe that you believe you're limited intellectually ?

See Dick Cheney's gains in wealth from his position of power re: contracts in Iraq & Katrina & gekko's glib post doesn't seem as wacky as you purport it to be, old chap.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:45 PM
1 of 8,111,103,258

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
As long as they were not black or women....
The Constitution was not even written with their interest in mind, was it? Why would anyone ever seek solace in a document that was never meant to protect them or their rights?

Perhaps it’s time that a bluntly stated FACT is not dimensioned by bombastic blitherings from the elitist level.

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 09-12-2005, 12:54 PM

PantyFanatic,

Please don't be discourteous.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:55 PM

Steph,

Since the time of St. Thomas Aquinas, silence has implied assent. As you have limited your comments to the Vice Presidents’ purported financial gains in business he is implied as manipulating, and my lamentable smarts, I conclude that we agree upon the rest. A notable achievement; I am pleased.

If acceptance of preposterous claims is the sine qua non of intellectual ability, I regret that I will be sidelined from discussing matters of substance; relegated to the minor role of pointing out that the Emperor is indeed in need of apparel.

While it may be true that Vice President Cheney is manipulating various and sundry events to his financial gain, I have yet to see any evidence to support the assertion. In addition, I believe that it is common practice for those filling cabinet level positions and higher to place their portfolios into what are referred to as “blind trusts” during the term of their office, over which they relinquish control. Has this not happened in this case? It would likely force his resignation if the claim were true.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:03 PM
1 of 8,111,103,258

Quote:
Originally Posted by gekkogecko
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! See, you get it!

I’ve gotten it for too long. A way to demand a change is what I’m looking for. We know the ballet box is a tool of THEIR domain. It’s not a means of getting through to them.

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Old 09-12-2005, 01:14 PM
1 of 8,111,103,258

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph
…. See Dick Cheney's gains in wealth from his position of power re: contracts in Iraq & Katrina & gekko's glib post doesn't seem as wacky as you purport it to be, old chap.

I wish ALL the profits and security that came solely from holding elected office were as visible. Maybe more attention would be paid to what is happening.

Old 09-12-2005, 01:39 PM

Sorry I have to say this...

Ok everyone, here is something I have been thinking since this whole thing started... Why are we so focused on finger pointing?

I Agree with Lilith, Originally Posted by Lilith
"....Not sure where the blame falls or frankly if I even give a shit. I just know that no one can help us recover from this better than us. The American people."

And Rabbit, you said everything I was thinking when I started reading this.

I was Soo Turned off when this hurricane turned into a racial issue that I stopped watching. I am so sick of that even being an issue. I have friends and family that went down and tried to help out, and guess what their helicoptors were shot at. Why isn't/wasn't the media showing that there are people trying to help? Sorry but my oppinion is there are ignorant people all around and there has been and always will be, cause the simple fact remains that everyone can't be educated the same or have the same opportunities. There are people that are rich, there are people that are poor. It is a fact of life.

The ones that succeed are the ones that work hard and put their mind to something and get it done. You can only be successful if you want to be, and truely try. And there are all kinds of different levels of sucess, it is in the eyes of the beholder. You are happy when you make yourself happy.

And here is when I will step up on my soap box. I am sick and tired of hearing how bad our goverment is, and how they don't help. They don't have to help. Be happy about where you live. Be thankful for the privleges you have! There are few that are as lucky as us. Yes there is corruption, there is in every government somewhere. But what I would like to say is that the government doesn't have to help.... they could turn a deaf ear. Besides this... we are the ones that elect them into the position, you wanna get someone better, elect someone better.

I am just happy that I don't live somewhere where I have to hide my face to walk down the street. That I can drive my car whereever I want. That I can have the same job as any man, (Mind you there are still limitations but this has VASTLY improved.) I can own property as a woman. I can vote. I make decisions about what I want to do with my money.

God Bless the USA. There are things I want to change about this country, but I have to say we are the most privledged in the world and more people need to realize that.

Americans will help the victims it's what we do.

Okay... *steps off* well I think this just might be my most contraversal thread I have every written to....

Some days life can be shitty , some days life can be outstanding ;
Sometimes you find love , sometimes you find fun ;

Just remember through all these changes you are you, special and unique...

Just a reminder to those who are like me and need it...
Old 09-12-2005, 01:53 PM
Missing the Angels

Nope...not gonna open my mouth!!

/me leaves to go work on cleaning the childs room some more.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaelynn
There are people that are rich, there are people that are poor. It is a fact of life.

The ones that succeed are the ones that work hard and put their mind to something and get it done. You can only be successful if you want to be, and truely try. And there are all kinds of different levels of sucess, it is in the eyes of the beholder. You are happy when you make yourself happy.

You have to realize, Kaelynn, not everyone has had such an easy life (and I'm not saying your life is easy but you are in college which is an honour -- not everyone is able to go).

To say that all you have to do is put your mind to it and you can get things done, you can be happy . . . it's not reality quite frankly. Many people in New Orleans had no access to vehicles. Many Americans live paycheque to paycheque and it's impossible to budget for such emergencies.

And you mentioned that the government didn't have to help. Why is that? The people who were stranded pay the same taxes as everyone else. Why are they paying taxes? If you were on a roof for five days, would you think differently?
Old 09-12-2005, 02:39 PM

I would ask myself why the fuck am I on this roof and what am I going to do to get myself off...

Old 09-12-2005, 02:46 PM
Banned

The head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, Michael Brown,
stands down following criticism of the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaelynn
I would ask myself why the fuck am I on this roof and what am I going to do to get myself off...

No car, no money, no boat . . . now what?
Old 09-12-2005, 02:54 PM

Guess I am swimming to dry land...

Old 09-12-2005, 03:28 PM
Banned

Now why didn't everyone else do that? It's the answer!
Old 09-12-2005, 03:42 PM

Please don't get me wrong, I am sensitive to the fact that not everyone had the means or way to get out. I honestly understand that, but if there is a hurricane coming don't you think you would walk, run, hitch a ride, or do SOMETHING to get out?

I can't stand the thought that 30 people drowned in a nursing home... now there is a true case where you couldn't do anything... and it is damned pathetic family didn't take care of them, or someone BEFOREHAND!!!

What does everyone expect us to do after??? People have to realize it takes time to get help somewhere... asembling, then clearing roads and getting there takes time... And it doesn't help when people shoot at the help that is coming in Helicopter