User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2005, 05:55 AM
~Imaginary lover~

Send a message via MSN to cowgirltease Send a message via Yahoo to cowgirltease
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy
Pardon my rude interruption, as I'm not osuche, but felt compelled to throw in a response...

I've never quite understood the concept of why political or other contorversial yet intellectual topics were taboo or become heated quickly. I understand that the underlying tone of pixies-place is erotica and sexuality, but if that is all that it was intended to be, with no furhter expansion, why do we have a forum that is titled "GENERAL CHAT" with the subtitle chat about anything here ? I see plenty of threads sprinkled across the forum that are non-sex related, yes a sexual innuendo may be added to the thread, or a flirt and a tease, but the underlying tone of the thread isn't necessarily sex. These threads aren't cast aside or complained about. The only thing I see wrong with the political threads is that people are passionate at pixies-place. And oftentimes passion prevents us from being most civil to one another, as it causes us to speak straight from the heart. Would it be such a wrong thing for citizens of our world to be passionate about politics of our locale and the world? Goodness something just might change with knowledge and passion.

Now maybe I'm out of line here, and if so, I'm confident someone will let me know. I understand that there are political forums that I could go to and have discussions until the end of time, but perhaps I just enjoy the company of pixies-place more and I enjoy listening/reading the ideas of these sexy people. I can't help but agree that if someone is offended by a topic or feels the needs to scream at the top of their lungs because of the contents that they could just as easily avoid the thread as they could scream. We are all adults and capable of making choices.

I personally, don't take enough time to become as educated as I could about politics within my country or globally, and thus am not quick to respond to the threads, but to the point that an intellectual and informative discussion is being had, I enjoy reading and learning it from my pixies rather than some drone of a news reporter.

Those are my :cents: , and I don't expect to be agreed with universally but hope that my thoughts also aren't offending to anyone as that certainly isn't my intent.

You're pardoned. And thank you for responding. Maddy I don't call quotes like these passionate.
Political threads could be very informative and educational if we didn't have to deal with quotes like these!

My perspective is 22 years in the military and a vietnam vet. I'm with Nikki on this too. Kerry is a lying, self-serving traitor. At least Jane Fonda appologized, Kerry never did.

Second reason is another 4 more years of WARS. :jedi2: :jedi2: I hate to see more innocent people die. There is no peace when Bush is still there. :jedi2: :jedi2:

But my man said if Ketchup man win, may be it isn't that good for China since the ketchup man wants to cut back those job opportunities that sent to China.
My heart go out to those innocent people was dead during these 4 years of Bush
But the down side is Bush has no concept of foriegn policy. If he got a fortune cookie that said "There will be a major conflict in your life soon", he'd probably go to war. Not to mention, he's also a puppet of Zionists in the US gov't.

And I'm not too sure about Kerry either, given that he's always changing his mind. He said he'll "preserve peace" across the Taiwan strait. In America, "preserve peace" often means go to war,
There are no doubt some people are smirking at the Bush win,but it is the rest of us and the rest of the world who was counting on Bush and company to lose the election who are the real loosers.

I'm worried about EVERYTHING now that America has made the mistake...again...

In Britain all we can do is try to vote for a leader who won't behave like America's lap dog in the next General Election, rather than the spineless deceiver who currently asks 'How high?' when America says 'Jump'. If however, Tony Blair remains in power, we too, have another 4 years of George Bush's rule.

This isn't creative criticism, its mudslinging, name calling, whatever you wanna call it. We can HAVE a discussion without all of this type of talk people.(and that was off of just 2 threads).
If people will act more mature when they post so will I.
Old 02-08-2005, 06:02 PM
Freckle Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirltease
Osuche tell me one thing....... What good has ever came from a political thread at this site? None! All it ends up being is a bunch of name calling. If I were to say something I didn't like about the english government or the chinese gov't. then I'd be labeled prejudice or racist now wouldn't I? Yes, I know you're trying to be civil about this and so am I. Btw I've always liked you and I know you are a very smart lady and I admire you. But STILL this IS a SEX forum. Why do we want to invite discussions that we know cause tempers to flare?

I agree with you CGT!

If everyone could have adult conversations about Politics it would be ok. But the fact is that it can't be done. Some members feel isolated because of their political outlook, and it isn't fair for them to feel this way....I personally don't feel that this is the place.

If I want to discuss politics (and believe me, sometimes I do) I will go to a political board.

This is only my humble oppion....back to reading the rest of this thread!

His clothes are dirty, but his hands are clean; and you're the best thing that he's ever seen.
~Bob Dylan
Old 02-08-2005, 07:48 PM
Suprise Me

If you don't care for political discussions, then why read the thread? It is kinda like if you don't like a program on TV - don't you change the channel?

I remember when Agua and I got into a discussion about guns and gun control... we are pretty much at oposite ends of the spectrum and the disucssion NEVER got heated only because we understood that each had the right to their opinion.

I believe what osuche was trying to say is that there is room for political discussion or discussion of topics that could become heated as long as those contributing to the thread understand that other peeps may have a different view. In addition, peeps need to understand and be prepared that sometimes certain topics will probably flare up others emotions.

Old 02-08-2005, 09:28 PM

cowgirltease & Mackenzie,

I trust you won’t take offense, but I disagree with you. I have learned quite a bit from the controversial discussions here at Pixies, and I feel I am the better for them. Further, political threads need not degenerate into ugliness. Permit me to provide two examples of what I suggest were “good” political threads. The first was A Pride Regained started by lakritze on August 10 of last year, and the other was Aussies join the lie fest started by Grumble on October 2.

In the “A Pride Regained” thread I learned quite a bit about the Australian government while researching my replies, that voting is compulsory in both Australia & Brazil (I think that PantyFanatic learned that then also), and a whole bunch about the American Electoral College. I also learned that there seems to be a bit of tension among the Australian electorate in re their relationship to the Queen.

Now I will grant you that not all the comments in that thread were called for, but there was no flaming or mud-slinging. The debate could reasonably be described as “spirited”, rather than “nasty”. Sharni & Irish agreed about something, and miracle of miracles, so did lakritze and I!

In the “Aussies join the lie fest” thread I (re)discovered the substantial ANZAC involvement in the Galipoli campaign while researching my replies, something of Australia’s involvement In World Wars I & II, and how close WWII is to some of the Pixies from Oz. Belial allowed as how he had changed his opinion.

I could only find one post in the entire thread which I would consider coarse or antagonistic.

cowgirltease, I admit that the quotes you posted are regrettably antagonistic and I too wish that people would hesitate before posting what may upset others. Still, I would rather not suppress open exchange of honest opinions – particularly as it can be done in a civilized manner.

I am sure that there are alternatives which do not require segregating political discourse into yet another sub-forum with the inevitable moving of threads out of their original forums because they became "too political" or "too controversial".
Old 02-08-2005, 11:17 PM
Made in England

:nopics:

:lust:
Old 02-10-2005, 10:58 AM
watchin you wiggle

Send a message via AIM to wrestlemark
Talking still a newbie...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIBI
:nopics:

:lust:

hi ... um i .... just wanna say.... i love this place man!!!! :bang: i also love politics 1 out of 2 voted bush but that was still more than clinton got separate threads are great no one is right no one is wrong !!!!! cgt being a vet, i didn't know but respect greatly!!!! i'd love to have discussions and agree to disagree but still get my point across never attacking anyone this place is great love the pics (RIGHT BIBI ?) but i've read the forums more now that i interact with the members more chat room was good for me also though i don't go there much but i was welcomed by all :devilish: thanks to the mods who do what they do this site is great ....carry on !!!!
Old 02-10-2005, 07:49 PM
Passion & Power

Send a message via MSN to Glyndwr Send a message via Yahoo to Glyndwr
Hi my name is Glyndwr and I'm a Newbie.

I say that because each time I find myself at Pixies I seem to find a new viewpoint, member or opinion that fascinates me. That is what makes this place remarkable. It can be a breath of fresh air in quite a cynical world. In fact I am amazed at the lack of argument and contradiction that appears here.

Unless there are some naughty minors sneaking in, all the members are adults and responsible for their own actions and should be capable of carrying out a debate without resorting to name calling. However I am realistic enough to know that this is the real world and there are 'hot heads' who type first and think later. This is compounded by there being no visual cues for the reader to put the written comments into context. Apart from smileys how do you type 'tongue in cheek'?

Newbies are great, they need space to grow into the place. A top tip - before biting someone's head off for the last inappropriate remark take a glance into the top right hand corner of their post and see how many times they've posted, if it's less than you give them some slack.

I am willing to provide more pearls of bullshit to anyone with large breasts if they PM me ~lol~

I believe your most attractive features are your heart and soul

Old 02-10-2005, 08:27 PM
Loungin' Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glyndwr
I am willing to provide more pearls of bullshit to anyone with large breasts if they PM me ~lol~

How about pearls of...something else...to someone with moderate-sized breasts???

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 02-10-2005, 09:29 PM
Freeze!

Send a message via MSN to Mark Vieth
I think we are getting off the track here. Lil's original post at the start is what the argument is really about. Not the political discussions. Now the posts that are put here are for everyone to view at their own discreasion. Now if you don't like something that is posted you don't have to read it.

Getting back to Lil's original point. Now I have already put my 2cents worth in. So if you want to know what I said, go and read it.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:49 PM
Made in England

Old 02-11-2005, 04:55 AM
Passion & Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by osuche
How about pearls of...something else...to someone with moderate-sized breasts???

For you? Anything

Old 02-11-2005, 07:59 AM
Loungin' Around

Quote:
For you? Anything

Anything? Hmmm......I am feeling more welcome at Pixies by the minute...

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 02-11-2005, 08:33 AM
is not this trim anymore!

Quote:
Hi my name is Glyndwr and I'm a Newbie.

I say that because each time I find myself at Pixies I seem to find a new viewpoint, member or opinion that fascinates me.

:bsflag:

You're just saying that because you want Lixy to roll up with the welcum wagon! I'm on to you buddy! You're not pulling the wool over my eyes! lmfao

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 02-11-2005, 08:46 AM
Passion & Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildIrish
:bsflag:

You're just saying that because you want Lixy to roll up with the welcum wagon! I'm on to you buddy! You're not pulling the wool over my eyes! lmfao

Hey WI keep it to yourself and you can be the Newbie next week

Old 02-11-2005, 09:00 AM
is not this trim anymore!

deal

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.