Old 11-04-2005, 10:33 AM
Made in England

Alas PF...there are many before us.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:55 AM
Loungin' Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantyFanatic
I’m a Frisbeterian.

PF.....Has it ever struck you how close the shape of a frisbee is to a UFO?

I guess your religion allows idol worship?

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 11-04-2005, 11:12 AM
1 of 8,111,103,258

Define 'idol'.

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 11-04-2005, 11:54 AM
~a little bit naughty~

Quote:
Originally Posted by gekkogecko
You see, if this is truly a no-flame forum, then the attempts to push "Intelligent design" in science classes would be made in the first place. It is this crap which is inherently disrespectful, offensive, rude and abusive. Under those conditions, I feel no compuction about replying in kind.

insist that the degree of respect I gave to the other side in my expression of my views was exactly the degree of respect I have received from them in their expression of their views, and exactly the degree of respect their issues deserve.

When they stop flaming, I will.

I still don't understand the big deal in presenting Intelligent Design in class. I had to sit through while they tried to tell me we evolved from monkeys. I did my homework and got my A. Why can't kids also be told there just might be another possibility? I'm all for presenting different opinions and views to our kids. Then she can home and learn the truth according to mama.

I am sorry you were so wronged by Christians and have so much animosity for them. I do admit we on occasion don't do ourselves justice when trying to deal with the world and get our message out. But really, some of us are pretty nice and capable of playing well with others.

You're not going to flame me are you?

Owning Pita, by my JassWolf!!
My Story~ Friday Night Spanking
Old 11-04-2005, 11:57 AM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
Quote:
Originally Posted by osuche
or on Wikipedia.

great idea, osuche! but we should also eliminate literature, writting, and debate classes, any sort of theory class, economics classes, politics classes, and culture classes. they are all open to too much speculation and individual interpretation as well. we still have foreign language amd math...well, except for mathematical theory. oh! and gym is left too. art and music, except for maybe just the documented histoy of it peresented in time-line fashion, are definately out. hmmm...can't think of anything else, but i'm sure if we put our heads to it we can come up with a few more things we shouldn't teach. but pick something besides wikipedia. their info isn't always accurate. once i looked up shakespeare and all it said was this:

SHAKESPEARE IS GAY!!!SHAKESPEARE IS GAY!!!SHAKESPEARE IS GAY!!!SHAKESPEARE IS GAY!!!SHAKESPEARE IS GAY!!!SHAKESPEARE IS GAY!!!SHAKESPEARE IS GAY!!!SHAKESPEARE IS GAY!!!SHAKESPEARE IS GAY!!!SHAKESPEARE IS GAY!!!SHAKESPEARE IS GAY!!!SHAKESPEARE IS GAY!!!SHAKESPEARE IS GAY!!!SHAKESPEARE IS GAY!!!SHAKESPEARE IS GAY!!!SHAKESPEARE IS GAY!!!...and wrote good poems.

now that's some good info right there, but i was disappointed at the shocking lack of it. they should have at least listed the year he died.

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 11-04-2005, 12:28 PM
1 of 8,111,103,258

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinglingTess
..... I do admit we on occasion don't do ourselves justice when trying to deal with the world and get our message out. But really, some of us are pretty nice and capable of playing well with others. ......

Thank you very much Tess.

This intelligent design topic is a hot button thread that I was afraid of from the start and still surprised at the flash point level of from both prospective. Your statement actually makes this resemble a discussion instead of a pissing contest.

My understanding of the initial question was what should be taught in science class and not the validity of either concept. The bottom line for me is that the new subject label of ‘Intelligent Design’ just isn’t science and has no more place in a science topic than astrophysics has being injected into the Establishments of the Sacraments.

*carry on* ………. (ax handles available at the door )

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 11-04-2005, 12:42 PM
Made in England

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantyFanatic
Thank you very much Tess.

This intelligent design topic is a hot button thread that I was afraid of from the start and still surprised at the flash point level of from both prospective. Your statement actually makes this resemble a discussion instead of a pissing contest.

My understanding of the initial question was what should be taught in science class and not the validity of either concept. The bottom line for me is that the new subject label of ‘Intelligent Design’ just isn’t science and has no more place in a science topic than astrophysics has being injected into the Establishments of the Sacraments.

*carry on* ………. (ax handles available at the door )

Ramen PF Ramen
Old 11-04-2005, 03:42 PM
is not this trim anymore!

Interesting press conference... click here

Monsignor Gianfranco Basti, director of the Vatican project STOQ, or Science, Theology and Ontological Quest, reaffirmed John Paul's 1996 statement that evolution was "more than just a hypothesis."

"A hypothesis asks whether something is true or false," he said. "(Evolution) is more than a hypothesis because there is proof."

Like I said...Evolution with a twist.

OK? Now can we go back to taking our clothes off?

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:54 PM

WildIrish,

Good stuff! Thank you.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseal
WildIrish,

Good stuff! Thank you.

Take your clothes off! :grin:

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:57 PM

WildIrish,

I presume that there is no one around here with a camera with a wide angle lens?
Old 11-04-2005, 03:58 PM
Mod with Bite

Send a message via MSN to Fangtasia
Ooooooo a naked WildIrish!!
Old 11-04-2005, 04:01 PM

Quite naked.

Old 11-04-2005, 07:17 PM
I make sexytime with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndhy
great idea, osuche! but we should also eliminate literature, writting, and debate classes, any sort of theory class, economics classes, politics classes, and culture classes. they are all open to too much speculation and individual interpretation as well. we still have foreign language amd math...well, except for mathematical theory. oh! and gym is left too. art and music, except for maybe just the documented histoy of it peresented in time-line fashion, are definately out. hmmm...can't think of anything else, but i'm sure if we put our heads to it we can come up with a few more things we shouldn't teach. but pick something besides wikipedia. their info isn't always accurate. once i looked up shakespeare and all it said was this:

SHAKESPEARE IS GAY!!!SHAKESPEARE IS GAY!!!SHAKESPEARE IS GAY!!!SHAKESPEARE IS GAY!!!SHAKESPEARE IS GAY!!!SHAKESPEARE IS GAY!!!SHAKESPEARE IS GAY!!!SHAKESPEARE IS GAY!!!SHAKESPEARE IS GAY!!!SHAKESPEARE IS GAY!!!SHAKESPEARE IS GAY!!!SHAKESPEARE IS GAY!!!SHAKESPEARE IS GAY!!!SHAKESPEARE IS GAY!!!SHAKESPEARE IS GAY!!!SHAKESPEARE IS GAY!!!...and wrote good poems.

now that's some good info right there, but i was disappointed at the shocking lack of it. they should have at least listed the year he died.

Well no, wikipedia isn't always accurate, but vandalism is usually quite easy to spot. Their article on Intelligent Design, in fact, is of high quality (IMO).
I want to do something that matters
Old 11-04-2005, 07:24 PM

You're naked, right Belial?