Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2007, 09:03 PM
Mama Mia!

My belly is huge! I'm so miserable. Everyone comments on how big it is too. I feel like I'm about to POP!

It's this close to the end and we still don't have a name or we don't agree on one anyway. At this point it looks like he may be named after his dad. I am slowly giving into that and I'll admit the idea is kind of growing on me.

It's a BOY!!
Old 10-05-2007, 01:25 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

Oh I can sympathise Cherrypie.....it's miserable towards the end. I got more sleep once the baby was born than in those last few weeks when my heartburn was so bad and my hands and feet were so swollen that they hurt.

Good luck with all that's to come and don't worry about the name. We hadn't really agreed until I was in the delivery room and Fussy finally said to the midwife that we'd be calling him the name that I'd wanted from the beginning. I think seeing me go through the birthing process made him feel as though I'd earned the right to choose the name!

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 10-25-2007, 05:46 PM
One Hot Mamma!

Send a message via MSN to ShadowDancer Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowDancer
well, baby girl is 17 wks old and is getting SO big! she's already wearing 6-9 mos clothes! we had her ears pierced a few weeks ago...and apart from the initial tears when they were done, she pays them no mind now. now, if i can just keep big brother from trying to pick her up all the time!
Old 10-26-2007, 05:37 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

My little man is going through another phase of waking up in the night crying for milk! He always does this when he's about to get ill, or he's just getting over something but it's most inconvenient now I'm not nursing, especially since I'll be returning to work in a week's time!

Have spoken to our health visitor and she's suggested some steps to help prevent him from needing the milk in the middle of the night and also how to make it easier for us if he does.

Keep your fingers crossed for us that this works!

Old 10-26-2007, 06:27 AM

Ours were weaned with plain bottled water (boiled of course).

They were smart enough to figure that they weren't getting anything, so they may as well sleep through.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:12 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

Thanks for the input OF, but he's been sleeping through the night since he was 8 weeks old, so it's not that. I've tried settling him with water but it doesn't work.

He's genuinely hungry when he wakes, and it only happens when he's ill or just getting over something. He's not that keen on milk I don't think, as he usually takes the bare minimum he can get away with but I think when he's ill he doesn't eat as well and therefore reverts back to needing more milk.

I'm a big believer in letting a baby cry and settling himself back to sleep, but on these occasions he'd cry until breakfast time, as he really does need milk.

Old 10-26-2007, 07:05 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Do you put rice cereal in his last bottle?

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 10-26-2007, 11:43 PM
Suprise Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
Do you put rice cereal in his last bottle?

My thoughts too. Mine would do this as well, and what I did was mix a little rice cereal in the bottle and they were satisfied until morning.

Old 10-27-2007, 04:40 AM

If you can't find rice cereal, there may be wheat based stuff like FAREX to do the same thing. Use sparingly.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:55 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

I've heard you guys mention this before on here, but in the UK it's a MAJOR no-no.

Everything I've read says DO NOT be tempted to add anything into their milk. I'm not sure why, but my health visitor would go mad if I did that, and I don't really like the idea of doing that anyway. Plus I'm not sure it would do any good, as he eats plenty so it's not the solids he needs but the milk itself. Usually these phases only last about 5 or so days so it's not a big deal and it's only about the 3rd or 4th phase like this he's had in 11 months. It's just frustrating that I can't anticipate them and get more milk in him during the day before it happens, as we end up in a vicious cycle of him taking it between the hours of 7pm and 7am and not the other way around.

Old 10-27-2007, 08:16 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Well I won't try to convince you but from everything you describe he seems hungry and needs slower to digest food that will leave him satisfied throughout the night. Would a glass of milk satisfy you all night. We get the same advice you have been given medically but this is a case where I believe my mom, grandma, her mother and the 394858925793857293 other moms who have made cereal bottles for their babies as they hit this stretching point know best. I don't know one child who was harmed or had digestive difficulties due to it.

Of course my #1 son who is a veggie head now used to have a standard size bottle with a small jar of say pea or peaches baby food, the bottle filled with rice cereal and then formula added to mix it all. The bottle was shaken and a huge X cut in the nipple. He would suck the bottle until it caved in. This was at 4 months old. He had no trouble moving to solids as he already new how to manage thicker textures. Aside from the vegetarian choice, he's height and weight proportionate.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 10-27-2007, 08:25 AM
Suprise Me

It is a mixed bag here with cereal bottles as well. Some doctors don't want babies having any solids until 12 months old. Something to do with allergies. All I know is that for generations my family has had them with the 'x' cut in the nipple.. lol - heck now they even make the nipples with the x already cut...

I was able to breast feed my daughter until she was 1 1/2 years old, but did introduce a small portion of cereal to her when she was 10 months old before bedtime.

Don't have much more to add Lou. Do what you are comfortable with - you know your little guy the best! (((LOU)))

Old 10-27-2007, 08:40 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

After I typed all that, I went to eat breakfast and started thinking the same thing Chey.

You know your baby. You know what he needs. You were made specifically to be his mother. You will do the just right thing for your baby.

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 10-27-2007, 11:36 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

How different the advice in the UK!

We're told to start babies on solids at 6 months, and he should be (and is) eating proper food that requires some chewing by 8 or so months. I've never heard of keeping a baby on a milk only diet until 12 months. My little man would be gnawing the legs of the cat! He's eating halved clementine segments as I write this. He eats three solid meals a day, plus healthy snacks and lunch and dinner are usually two courses so I think it's unlikely he needs more solids in his diet, as he's not going to bed on just a glass of milk, but meat, veg, potato, fruit as well as a bottle of formula!

I do appreciate your concern and advice though people, but I also appreciate that you lovely ladies realise that I'm the momma, and that probably means I know what's best (hopefully!)

Old 10-30-2007, 07:19 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

Just to update this, over the weekend he didn't get us up in the night for milk (although he did wake early, but I put this down to the clocks changing) but after a day at nursery he once again woke in the night wanting milk! I'm not sure if it's something to do with nursery or whether that's just coincidence.

On both days of the weekend, he had a large jar of bought baby food designed for 10 months plus, which is VERY chunky indeed for bought stuff and on Monday he had some of my homemade stuff from the freezer which is also pretty chunky. I thought that would be enough, but now I'm wondering if I simply didn't give him a big enough portion of food last night. He never used to be able to manage a full portion but perhaps when he's at nursery he needs the extra calories.