Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-06-2005, 04:59 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
I just finished Sea Glass by Anita Shreeve. I really enjoyed it. Nice change of pace, historical fiction but without a sappy happy fairytale ending

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 01-06-2005, 05:01 PM
Ethical Epicurean

Send a message via AIM to lakritze Send a message via Yahoo to lakritze
I just got through reading:The Davinci Code by Dan Brown.It is pretty good as a mystery novel but the real interest is in explaining the secret rumours that have been around for any years. Next in line I'd like to read Democracy Matters by Prof.Cornel West. Still saddened by the passing of Susan Sontag.
Old 01-06-2005, 05:21 PM
Booger Lama

I'm reading Just a Couple Of days by Tony Vigorito right now just finshed off a book from one of my favotire authors Fluke by Christoher Moore

it's not the orgasm but getting there thats fun

a shot in the bush is worth two in the hand

whip me, beat me, tie me up, break my arm, but please don't break my heart

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid people are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt" -Bertrand Russell
Old 01-06-2005, 07:47 PM
~getting by~

I'm reading Little Earthquakes by Jennifer Weiner... I enjoy her books, but am having a bit of difficulty keeping all the characters straight in this book - maybe I shouldn't keep reading it late at night.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:54 PM
Suprise Me

I am just finishing up "The Stand" by Mr. King (3rd time) and intend to start the Lemony Snickets "A Series of Unfortunate Events". We got the series (all 11 books) from Ebay for our daughter (they were 1st on her Christmas list) and she has read all 11 books over the holiday break! Which is really an amazing thing as she was in a special reading class because she just didn't "get it". It was really neat to see the light bulb go on over her head last year...she is in 5th grade and is reading at a 9th grade level...

Old 01-06-2005, 07:59 PM
Weedscreamer

Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum mysteries and F. Paul Wilson's "The Keep". Also, on the recommendation of my son, I have begun reading the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett. Not quite what I've read before, but I've an open mind. I'd also like to ask a question. Many years ago in junior high school, we were supposed to read "Lord of the Rings". Somehow, I picked up a copy of "Bored of the Rings". Not quite the same book. But interesting, nonetheless. Does anyone have a copy or have you read it?