Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2007, 06:32 PM
One Hot Mamma!

Send a message via MSN to ShadowDancer Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowDancer
Miss Bryleigh made her appearance on Weds June 27, 2007 at 10:20 pm. Born via c-section, she is a very healthy 8lbs 8oz and 20 3/4" long. The surgery went well for the most part...except the anesthesia began to wear off at the tail end of the procedure. I never actually felt any thing other than pressure, but I could feel the numbness wearing off. But the "pressure" quickly gave way to lots of PAIN! Unfortunately, since the spinal block was supposed to last 6+ hours, I couldn't have anything other than 1/2 a dose of demerol for pain--even though mine was wearing off after only an hour and a half. The demerol did NOTHING! By the time my hour in recovery was up, I could already move my legs much more than I should have been able to--and that came from one of the nurses. So, I guess, I have developed a tolerance to the pain meds/anesthesia.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:23 PM
Mama Mia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDancer
Miss Bryleigh made her appearance on Weds June 27, 2007 at 10:20 pm. Born via c-section, she is a very healthy 8lbs 8oz and 20 3/4" long. The surgery went well for the most part...except the anesthesia began to wear off at the tail end of the procedure. I never actually felt any thing other than pressure, but I could feel the numbness wearing off. But the "pressure" quickly gave way to lots of PAIN! Unfortunately, since the spinal block was supposed to last 6+ hours, I couldn't have anything other than 1/2 a dose of demerol for pain--even though mine was wearing off after only an hour and a half. The demerol did NOTHING! By the time my hour in recovery was up, I could already move my legs much more than I should have been able to--and that came from one of the nurses. So, I guess, I have developed a tolerance to the pain meds/anesthesia.

Congrats!!!!

The pain in my feet has gotten so much worse...I can hardly stand to even be on them for more than 30-40 minutes at a time.

The fact that for the past, oh, three weeks or so I have been traveling back and forth between TN and LA is not helping me much either. Hopefully I am back in LA to stay until birth.

It's a BOY!!
Old 07-26-2007, 03:42 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

My little man turned 8 months today and he can crawl!!!!!!!!!!

Well ok, so it's more of a Commando wriggle at the moment, but he is mobile in a forwards direction and there is now no inch of our living room he can't get to (well within a height of about a foot and a half off the floor). Thank goodness we invested in a playpen when we did, as at least he now has somewhere safe to be while I'm fixing his lunch or answering the door etc.

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 07-26-2007, 06:57 AM
Pixies Horse Widower

Send a message via ICQ to dm383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loulabelle
My little man turned 8 months today and he can crawl!!!!!!!!!!

Well ok, so it's more of a Commando wriggle at the moment, but he is mobile in a forwards direction and there is now no inch of our living room he can't get to (well within a height of about a foot and a half off the floor). Thank goodness we invested in a playpen when we did, as at least he now has somewhere safe to be while I'm fixing his lunch or answering the door etc.

8 months, eh? And I bet it only feels like last week that you brought him home!

Aah, I remember it well - and my "little one" turns 14 this Hallowe'en.

DM
I only own my mind
Old 08-10-2007, 07:45 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

I've lost track: When are all the Pixie babies due?

Old 08-10-2007, 08:25 AM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
not til early november but both my other kids were 38 weekers so maybe late october, maybe even on my own birthday - which would be pretty cool. either way, they won't schedule the c-sec this far in advance so i don't know an exact date yet.

i already look like i swallowed a very large beach ball, strangers i meet think i'm due next week (even the delivery nurse i met at the pool yesterday), all sexual positions except oral and manual are becoming extremely uncomfortable, i can't eat a decent meal 'cause any amount of food in my belly makes me feel fuller than thanksgiving seconds. they say you show quicker with your third but this is ridiculous. i actually demanded a recount.

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 08-11-2007, 07:06 PM
One Hot Mamma!

Send a message via MSN to ShadowDancer Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowDancer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loulabelle
I've lost track: When are all the Pixie babies due?

Mine made her appearance June 27th...but Lou already knows that, we've talked about her already...LOL!
Old 08-12-2007, 05:11 AM

Gortta keep that next generation coming.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:46 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to themi01
Grandbaby due mid Sept
Old 08-13-2007, 01:55 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

Oh yay for you, themi01! My mum's partner is expecting twin grandbabies mid september too! I'm guessing they're having one of each.

Old 08-13-2007, 05:58 PM
Mama Mia!

Supposed to be late November, but I dont think he is going to wait that long.....

I feel like someone pumped my belly full of air.

It's a BOY!!
Old 08-14-2007, 01:46 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

That's what I thought of my little one who was also due late November, but 4 days after my due date I managed to convince them I should be induced!

Old 08-14-2007, 07:29 PM
Insatiable

Well, I'm gonna be an uncle again this December.

Lessee...that would make 9 nephews and no nieces. What's the odds of that???
Old 08-15-2007, 07:17 AM
Mama Mia!

I have been having migraine headaches for about three weeks and it seems like I may be coming down with one right now....my head is not pounding, it's a steady (intense) ache. I cant wait till November.

It's a BOY!!
Old 08-18-2007, 03:07 PM
Awesome on my Own

This little one is due on the 23rd of December...however, I tend to let my kids cook a little longer and since my first was born on the 26th of December, I think that it is fate that this little one to be born on his/her sibling's birthday. Either that or this little one will be born on Mayhem and my first anniversary---the 29th of December....

This little one is very active! I have a feeling that he or she will be an active baby as well!

I am craving weird things all the time and poor Mayhem has a hard time keeping up with what I am craving... Last week it was tomatoes, fresh tomato salad, and green fried tomatoes. Now I am so hungry for turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie, but I haven't got the gumption to make a whole Thanksgiving meal, so we are going out to KFC tomorrow. Oh, and I normally loathe colas--Pepsi, Coca-cola, storebrand--I just can't get enough of it right now---geesh go figure. The three constants, though, have been Cadbury chocolate bars with caramel, cold cold milk, and lots and lots of SEX Mmmmmhummmm