Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-31-2007, 08:56 AM
Larger Than Life

i have a fuji and although i like the camera i would not rave about it, i tends to take a lot of out of focus shots on auto focus without me hsving any acachol at all, i have canon at work that cost less than mine and takes excellent pics. i do suggest you get greter than 5 mp and the higher th optical zoom the better as this actually takes the lens in and out whereas the digital zoom only blows up the pixels and you can end up with blocky pics
Old 07-31-2007, 05:13 PM
Just me.

On top of the camera and photo taking techniques ... good photo processing software should also be considered. All cameras that do self focusing or light metering make some assumptions on what they're doing. Good photo processing software (like Photoshop) help you to compensate with some of those compromises. There are good magazines (like PC Photo) that usually feature articles in almost every issue on how to bring out the best in your pictures when the camera hasn't achieved what you want it to. Takes some study and experimentation, but I've already gained lots of ideas for photo processing (I have Photoshop Elements ... a somewhat less robust version of Photoshop). Worth the effort.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:19 PM
Just me.

Here's just a couple of recent photos where I used the manual focusing to help zero in on the subject ...

(except the first dragonfly and the deer picture which I just thought was cute )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2784s.jpg (98.0 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2786s.jpg (101.7 KB, 149 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2806s.jpg (63.5 KB, 147 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2836s.jpg (43.2 KB, 159 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2848s.jpg (76.6 KB, 152 views)
Old 07-31-2007, 06:21 PM
Just me.

... and one more.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2885s.jpg (61.8 KB, 161 views)
Old 07-31-2007, 06:22 PM

Cameras on the technological horizon are being touted as almost foolproof, taking a series of slightly differently focussed and light-conditioned pictures. This allows you to choose the best, then discard the others. Thank god for gigabyte chips.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:43 PM
Mod with Bite

Send a message via MSN to Fangtasia
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose
i have a fuji and although i like the camera i would not rave about it, i tends to take a lot of out of focus shots on auto focus without me hsving any acachol at all, i have canon at work that cost less than mine and takes excellent pics. i do suggest you get greter than 5 mp and the higher th optical zoom the better as this actually takes the lens in and out whereas the digital zoom only blows up the pixels and you can end up with blocky pics

The fuji is the one i'll be getting, i must say i've had a wee play with them both in the store and prefer the Fuji myself...most i've spoken to seem to prefer it over the canon also. Auto focus tends to make blurry shots...thats why i'm after manual focus. i think its a 6 or 7mp camera (cant recall exactly) and has 10x optical zoom
Old 07-31-2007, 08:47 PM
Mod with Bite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicksbro
On top of the camera and photo taking techniques ... good photo processing software should also be considered. All cameras that do self focusing or light metering make some assumptions on what they're doing. Good photo processing software (like Photoshop) help you to compensate with some of those compromises. There are good magazines (like PC Photo) that usually feature articles in almost every issue on how to bring out the best in your pictures when the camera hasn't achieved what you want it to. Takes some study and experimentation, but I've already gained lots of ideas for photo processing (I have Photoshop Elements ... a somewhat less robust version of Photoshop). Worth the effort.

I've got Photoshop..but damn ya need a pilots licence to drive the damn thing!...so unloaded it *L*...One day i'll reload and try again.

I use Photosuite, its user friendly and will do the photo adjustments i require easily. (though the darn thing has been taken over by Roxio and now no longer does any updates) So will be after new photo software sometime i'm sure.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:49 PM
Mod with Bite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfart
This allows you to choose the best, then discard the others. Thank god for gigabyte chips.

I love the digital medium for just this reason...you can take shitloads of pics easily then just pick through to find the best to keep.

I do that with my basic digi cam even now...
Old 07-31-2007, 09:14 PM

OrliFanatic,

These cameras will do it all automatically.

BTW, my new Olympus piece of shit is not focussing well, as I have to hold the button down until I get a clean crisp shot, then fire. Some shots it just won't make.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:27 PM
Mod with Bite

Yeah they do...but i want the option of manual focus....so i can play with all the options *L*
Old 08-01-2007, 09:39 AM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
db, is pic 4 hops by any chance? pic 5 looks an awful lot like poke sallet, considered something of a delicacy by some here in the south, but to me just a menace of a weed, especially when the birds eat the ripe purple berries, then crap on my car & anything else that gets in the way...

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:26 AM
Larger Than Life

Go with the fuji if you are happy with it, i did shop quite a lot before i decided on my fiji, i have had some really go pics come from it but i have also had a lotof bad ones, this may not be a camera error rather my fat finger or i cant stand still, fuji also have a good online photo pint as part ofthe package
and i use the kodak software you can download from the kodak website because its simple
Old 08-02-2007, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrliFanatic
** It MUST be able to do close ups...and i mean really really close *L*...as in every wrinkle or little whisker on a pinkie mouse.
..i'm really after detailed pics.

Would'nt it be easier to just flea dip the mice?
Old 08-02-2007, 10:38 PM
Mod with Bite

Why would i flea dip them?

I want to take pictures of them *L*...detailed pictures
Old 08-03-2007, 04:18 AM
Just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotzoidman
db, is pic 4 hops by any chance? pic 5 looks an awful lot like poke sallet, considered something of a delicacy by some here in the south, but to me just a menace of a weed, especially when the birds eat the ripe purple berries, then crap on my car & anything else that gets in the way...

Not absolutely sure. It was just growing along the trail and I thought it was an interesting plant to look at. You could very well be right. Looked up a picture on the internet and there is a resemblence.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pokeweed.jpg (85.7 KB, 127 views)