Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-08-2008, 09:53 AM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
Question

In my opinion,what a person says in a debate,has little to do with what they
actually will do.Some people are good debaters & others aren't.For example-
in my own case,I have noticed that altho I know what I want to say,as I get
older(I'm 64),the words just won't come to me!
I'm reminded of a workboat manufacturer that I worked for.On a certain size
boat,I was the foreman &Head Mechanic.The Manager had hired a man ,who was supposedly a marine mechanic.He named ALL kinds of boats.He was supposedly very knowlegable on them all.When he started he got fired on the first day.He could talk a great game but he couldn't do,hardly anything!
Irish (my 2cents)

Last edited by Irish : 10-08-2008 at 10:48 AM.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:53 PM
curvy queen

Maybe I'm just biased (I"m a a heavy volunteer for the Obama campaign in my state) but it seemed like McCain was being pretty agressive in the second debate. The newcassters have said this was his style, but he seemed pretty ill at ease to me.

PS forgive the late post - I DVR'd the debate and just got around to watching it.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:57 PM

I know that a month (almost) is a long time in politics, but I have a very difficult time seeing how Senator McCain can win this campaign.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:20 AM
Lusting Horny Pixie

As a veteran, it is the Commander in Chief role that I believe to be most important. Unfortunately in the world of terrorism that we live in, national security and the security of our allies should take the highest level of importance.

I wouldn't have served under Clinton (thank god, I got out just before he sat in the oval office) nor would I serve under Obama. How can Obama be trusted when he has in the past aligned himself with known domestic terrorists and others that would joyously celebrate in our countrys demise?

Here is my predictions:
1) If Obama is elected, it will ultimately result in this nations next civil war.

2) If he wins, it will be 1 term. Unfortunately, he will most likely be our next assasinated president. I say that, not because I believe he should be, but because I believe that there are enough whacks in this world that will not tolerate him being president.

3) Certainty of Obama being the winner is highly overrated. If you look at the previous exit polls, it has been proven that many of the people who claim prior to voting that they were voting for him infact did not. When one is in the privacy of their voting booth, they are only responsible to themselves, not to joe blow.

4). Our country is pretty much screwed. I don't have much optimism that either candidate will be able to correct what ails this nation.

Okay, I realize I may have killed this thread. Lol. Again I apoligize for offending.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:21 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflower
As a veteran, it is the Commander in Chief role that I believe to be most important. Unfortunately in the world of terrorism that we live in, national security and the security of our allies should take the highest level of importance.

I wouldn't have served under Clinton (thank god, I got out just before he sat in the oval office) nor would I serve under Obama. How can Obama be trusted when he has in the past aligned himself with known domestic terrorists and others that would joyously celebrate in our countrys demise?

Here is my predictions:
1) If Obama is elected, it will ultimately result in this nations next civil war.

2) If he wins, it will be 1 term. Unfortunately, he will most likely be our next assasinated president. I say that, not because I believe he should be, but because I believe that there are enough whacks in this world that will not tolerate him being president.

3) Certainty of Obama being the winner is highly overrated. If you look at the previous exit polls, it has been proven that many of the people who claim prior to voting that they were voting for him infact did not. When one is in the privacy of their voting booth, they are only responsible to themselves, not to joe blow.

4). Our country is pretty much screwed. I don't have much optimism that either candidate will be able to correct what ails this nation.

Okay, I realize I may have killed this thread. Lol. Again I apoligize for offending.

I agree completly!A friend(my next door neighbor,said exactly the same thing,
about assasination.Like myself,he has seen both sides of the people.He said that most likely,our next President,will be Joe Biden,because with all of the nutty organizations around(KKK,etc)most likely Obama will be assasinated.I was leavig a Hardware store recently & being a tatoo affectionado,I noticed that the man in front of me,had the backs of both arms tatooed."White" on one arm &"Power" on the other. Irish
Old 10-10-2008, 04:13 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
*note to self page 2

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 10-10-2008, 04:15 PM
Manwhore

What is this 'Page 2' you speak of?

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 10-10-2008, 10:40 PM
unregistered mutt. woof!

Seen all the debaters so far, Pres & VP.
Tina Fey has done the best characterizations of any mimic ever of ANY candidate.

My politics are always being mended and/or upgraded through necessity of growth. Typically when a political candidate lines up with me I vote for him or her as the case may be.
In this campaign I've found only one preferred choice. His history and actions have shown me that he is the one whom I'll vote for. The other one is an adept speaker and can talk right through all the walls of a maze to the other side. But, the problem with that is in the fact that he doesn't need to. All he has to do is communicate with the ones who are inside the maze.
Adage: 2 things are certain in life; Death & Taxes. Therefore; God & Beelzebub had a meeting to fix the problem. A mighty storm prevailed for ages until finally they ended the storm with the agreement: From now on Anyone whom chooses doesn't have to die. "Everyone wins said Beelzebub. You get an eternally grateful bunch of worshippers praying forever for lower taxes as I goad & prod them forever with higher & higher taxation."
Old 10-10-2008, 10:44 PM
Loungin' Around

I just cast my (absentee) ballot today! So I guess I've decided too

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 10-11-2008, 04:01 AM
Yankee in Dixie

I know I'm young and probably a little under educated in politics, but it seems to me that while voting is a very important part of our government, it's not worth taking the time to do anymore. The only difference I see in the candidates is what kind of mud they sling at each other and the way they'll screw the general populace. As was mentioned before, the president only has the power to go to war, so what difference does it make who is in office? I'd rather find a way to get average Joe Blow in congress and get enough of them in there so that we can fix the government. It looks like the U.S. government has lost it's sense of the common man who it's supposed to be protecting. Not the business executives that got greedy and expanded so fast they popped, not go and fix other countries problems. I'm not saying we shouldn't help the other nations, but we need a stable and solid system before we go and spend money we don't have to rebuild a country we just destroyed. The system we have hasn't changed all that much since it was first designed and implemented. How much has changed in the past 200 some odd years? The laws have changed, but certain policies haven't. We've had equal rights for many years, but this is the first time a black man has a chance to be president. Same thing with equal rights between the genders. First time I've heard of a woman actually winning vice president. It's time for a change, but not the kind that the politicians are willing make. Until I hear someone actually make a basic statement that will update a 200 year old system, I won't vote. I think I'll get off my soap box and go back to bed now.
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf
Old 10-11-2008, 10:06 AM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Snow
I know I'm young and probably a little under educated in politics, but it seems to me that while voting is a very important part of our government, it's not worth taking the time to do anymore. The only difference I see in the candidates is what kind of mud they sling at each other and the way they'll screw the general populace. As was mentioned before, the president only has the power to go to war, so what difference does it make who is in office? I'd rather find a way to get average Joe Blow in congress and get enough of them in there so that we can fix the government. It looks like the U.S. government has lost it's sense of the common man who it's supposed to be protecting. Not the business executives that got greedy and expanded so fast they popped, not go and fix other countries problems. I'm not saying we shouldn't help the other nations, but we need a stable and solid system before we go and spend money we don't have to rebuild a country we just destroyed. The system we have hasn't changed all that much since it was first designed and implemented. How much has changed in the past 200 some odd years? The laws have changed, but certain policies haven't. We've had equal rights for many years, but this is the first time a black man has a chance to be president. Same thing with equal rights between the genders. First time I've heard of a woman actually winning vice president. It's time for a change, but not the kind that the politicians are willing make. Until I hear someone actually make a basic statement that will update a 200 year old system, I won't vote. I think I'll get off my soap box and go back to bed now.

Geraldine Ferraro(sp?) was the vice president elect a few yrs ago!She wasn't
elected! Irish
Old 10-11-2008, 10:32 AM
Yankee in Dixie

I said that I heard about. I wish that we could get an actual general to run for president again. Colin Powell I think would do a good job as commander in chief.
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf
Old 10-11-2008, 12:16 PM
1 of 8,111,103,258

How many politicians are NOT liars, ... I mean lawyers?

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 10-11-2008, 12:46 PM

Article I, Section 8 of the U.S. Constitution vests in the Congress the exclusive power to declare war.

All of the seats in the House of Representatives, and one third of those in the Senate are to be voted on in November.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:22 PM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
*note to self page 2

Didn't take long this time, did it?

I can accept that we are all different people with very different opinions. What I cannot accept is that some people can't express their opinions without questioning the patriotism & loyalty of the other side.

So sad.

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.