Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-15-2009, 09:13 PM
Single scottish guy

Send a message via AIM to smithy020 Send a message via MSN to smithy020 Send a message via Yahoo to smithy020
how would you react??

Today I was told that one of the students on the uni course I'm taking is a convicted murderer. he's on day release, and is driven to and from the uni by guards and returns to his cell of an evening.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sco...icle2233143.ece

has anyone had any experence of this?. I highly doubt he's going to attack but still I find it scary and a little shocking that he's in my class.

The above link is to the story.

I'm all for rehabilitaion and that but i'm going to be a total NIMBY about it.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:17 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Stabbed 100 times is a crime of passion...don't earn his passion

I don't think he should be out by day but our murderers can get their degrees in prison.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 02-15-2009, 09:26 PM
Single scottish guy

Send a message via AIM to smithy020 Send a message via MSN to smithy020 Send a message via Yahoo to smithy020
I aim to not annoy him.....

i've only spoke to him a few times and if i'm honest i find him a total cock - for want of a better word.

He's meant to have received an degree in prison. So this will be his second award if completed, which i doubt it will be.

The court and verdict papers make horriffing reading. The post-morten report was 13 pages long!!!!!! with about 60 stab wound to the head!
Old 02-16-2009, 12:12 AM
1 of 8,111,103,258

How would you like to be the prof that has to flunk him?

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 02-16-2009, 02:47 AM
Call me FWM :)

Do the guards stick around during the day or just leave him there? I honestly don't know what I'd do, whether I'd kick up a stink or just chill and assume that the guards have the situation under control. Impossible one for me to answer until faced with it in reality, I think

Reading the article, it looks like he's served most of his insanely short prison sentence, so this is part of his rehabilitating back into the real world after he's released. It does seem sick that a person's life is worth so little it is exchanged for less than a decade inside. When I was little, it was minimum 25 years for murder as I remember, and even then I didn't understand why that was called 'life'.

Let us know how you get on with your NIMBY campaign if you start one, although something's telling me that this shouldn't become a head-hunt. What have the other students said, and did this slip out unintentionally or was there a big announcement to the class?
Old 02-16-2009, 03:14 AM
1 of 8,111,103,258

Quote:
...He’s bussed to the uni by Reliance security guards and mingles with fellow students — who were not made aware of his horrific crime —...

...We watched on Wednesday as Nicol was picked up at Shotts at 8.15am by a white minibus, used only by him...

.........“Now he has all the opportunities that kids from poor families can’t afford — and it’s all funded by the taxpayer.” ....

Quote:
...Student monster . . . Evil Nicol at Napier University in Edinburgh, where he is studying for an economics degree...

Tell him the world economy has already been murdered and he might go away

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 02-16-2009, 04:52 AM

NIMBY neither. Wonderful idea in theory, so let's send him to Theory.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:44 PM
Single scottish guy

Well its not a Ecomonics degree its an accountting one. The first the majority of the class knew was when we read the front page of the newspaper I linked too.
Was in Uni today. There is a lot of angry people and i think there will be a lot more to come of it.

FWM. He's driven in. dropped off and left to his own devices untill the end of his uni day when he's picked up by the prison guards again. We have campus security and i'm sure they have been told to keep close tabs on him now but he's left to his self to do as he wishes. with in reason I think.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:33 PM
Yankee in Dixie

Being left to his own devices I don't agree with, however, we must also look at the whole picture with this. How much more would it cost you to have two guards follow him around all day? You already mentioned you don't like the fact that he's given the opportunity for this education that poor kids don't get. It seems that this is one situation where the best course of action is to make your complaint respectfully with those in charge and if nothing is done, don't piss him off. I've found that sometimes the best way to deal with a problem is to just let it be. If he's not doing anything to you, why do something to him?
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf
Old 02-17-2009, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Snow
If he's not doing anything to you, why do something to him?
I would be inclined to agree with this, I think I guess it's good that he's engaging himself in studies, instead of learning all the latest crime tricks from his prison buddies, which is, of course, a big risk in prison. Maybe this is a case where prison has worked and he's on his way to rehabilitating back into society.

Has anything kicked-off today at Uni over this, Smithy? If anything's going to prove whether or not the guy is still a crazy knife-wielding lunatic it will be his reaction to the media attention and public fury over the next couple of weeks. If he can keep himself to himself and not go off on one during this, then he's probably proved himself as being well enough to be there.

I think in my old age I'm leaning more towards judging people for how they treat me and not for what they've done in the past. This takes me back round to Lord Snow's comment, 'If he's not doing anything to you, why do something to him?' Yes, yes, I know, there will be exceptions to this.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:13 PM

Have things settled down with this now, Smithy?
Old 02-21-2009, 10:37 PM

curious what do people think the odds are of him bring hired even with degrees?
Old 02-25-2009, 03:35 AM
unregistered mutt. woof!

My First response is, "Shall the offspring of the deceased (murdered by insane impassioned zeal to lash out), be denied advancing opportunities in education while the convicted murderer takes his place putting the youth at an even GREATER disadvantage?
GOD FORBID!
May the umbrage of a righteous populace, slapped indignantly by a misguided parole review overcome the injustice being served up and rightly reverse the inequity being perpetrated upon them. Let the child of the victim receive every advantageous step up and forward that the prison inmate has been receiving. Then from here forth let the penitentiary inmate remain locked inside with no further compensation or aid."

Does NIMBY mean Not-In-My-Back-Yard?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSnow
....If he's not doing anything to you, why do something to him?
LS, methinks, the old saying "Don't kick a sleeping dog." should not be applied here.
Rather, "Better to drain the water trough and let him lick the salt only...

...Meanwhile, Give the child a cup of clear cold dewfall and a green pasture of oats to harvest."
Adage: 2 things are certain in life; Death & Taxes. Therefore; God & Beelzebub had a meeting to fix the problem. A mighty storm prevailed for ages until finally they ended the storm with the agreement: From now on Anyone whom chooses doesn't have to die. "Everyone wins said Beelzebub. You get an eternally grateful bunch of worshippers praying forever for lower taxes as I goad & prod them forever with higher & higher taxation."

Last edited by citrus : 02-25-2009 at 03:51 AM.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:20 PM
Yankee in Dixie

I didn't say don't do anything. I said make your complaint respectfully to those in charge. What I meant by don't do anything to him was don't do anything directly to him. In other words, just leave him alone. Doing something to someone who isn't doing anything only invites trouble. I've been in situations where the only thing I could do was tell someone in charge what was going on and then ignore the person that was causing the problem. I got the satisfaction of him giving up because he got no reaction. Seems to me that the person in question isn't doing anything wrong while in the classroom. So the only problem is that he's there and left to his own devices. Which brings us back to, make the complaint and if nothing happens you've voiced your opinion and can go on with your life.
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf
Old 03-01-2009, 05:16 PM
unregistered mutt. woof!

10-4 on that, with the furtherance of being an even squeakier wheel in the voicing in public of the miscarriage of recompense afforded the family of the dead victim. I hold that any schooling goes first to any and all of the most needing of the victim's family for as long as the original minimum sentence is not yet completely fulfilled; And no time whatsoever outside the prison gates until ALL the sentence is served out.
Adage: 2 things are certain in life; Death & Taxes. Therefore; God & Beelzebub had a meeting to fix the problem. A mighty storm prevailed for ages until finally they ended the storm with the agreement: From now on Anyone whom chooses doesn't have to die. "Everyone wins said Beelzebub. You get an eternally grateful bunch of worshippers praying forever for lower taxes as I goad & prod them forever with higher & higher taxation."