Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-18-2003, 12:17 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
OOO~Symbols~OOO

If you have a current or even previous S/O what, if anything, do you wear, have etc.... as a symbol of belonging to eachother?

I wear my wedding rings but I also wear my nose stud.....it symbolizes his acceptance of the woman I have become (very dif from the one he married) and his support of me in some big choices I made over the past year. I know, crazy thing to represent it but that's what made me ask.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 02-18-2003, 03:55 AM
This is my BOOMSTICK!

Send a message via AIM to Santiago
my gf wears those thin black rubber bracelets and gave me one..i havent taken it off since she gave it to me about 6 months ago
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Old 02-18-2003, 04:01 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Cabrylla
this sounds insane, but I wore a camoflauge jacket everywhere...it was his hunting jacket, and it was kind of a sign of togetherness I guess...yeah he was a redneck, and I gave him a gargoyle pendant that I still think he wears...it seemed to signify the meld of both our types....

Old 02-18-2003, 07:27 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

These are exactly the kinds of things I was wondering about.....Thanks, A symbol of togetherness does not have to be made of precious metal.......although if Mr. Lilith reads this......diamonds will get you pearls everytime

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 02-18-2003, 08:04 AM
~*Geeky Girl*~

Not sure if it counts or not, but last year, when my SO visited, he left his bottle of water in my bathroom...and I kept it there for months. It not only reminded me of him, but also made me think that he would be back soon.

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, then let it, and if you have to wait for what you really want, take the time because nobody said that life would be easy. They just promised it would be worth it." ~ Unknown author

Old 02-18-2003, 08:12 AM
Just me.

Our wedding rings are a pretty good symbol.

We also have keychains that have a coin like "charm" split in two. Oh, yeah, also we each have a necklace of small brass male and female figures holding each other close. Got them an what we call an "Olde English Faire" held near Peoria.
Old 02-18-2003, 12:55 PM
Everybody Stretch!

I wear my wedding set.....he wears his band. Though, recently...with all the snow.....he slipped and fell on his ass going down to the cellar and we can only assume he put his left hand out to catch himself and "sprained" his ring finger. The knuckle is swollen and bruised and he had quite a battle getting his band off........of which he hates having to remove. He NEVER wore a ring of any kind before we married and now he hates having to take off his wedding band for any reason. I am shocked at this knowledge too! I thought I would have had to "MAKE" him wear it if only on weekends when not working........but anyway.....

and this is silly......but when we first started dating he gave me an itsy bitsy seashell he found on the beach and said that whenever he asked me....I should have that with me always and be able to produce it. I've been "tested" through the years and the only time I was without was when he was hospitalized and I had to don the mask and gown and booties to see him in recovery. The sum-na-bitch tested me when he woke up....and I did have it with me....just not in the recovery room! LMAO!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 02-18-2003, 01:03 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Lixy~ you don't give sea shells to just anyone.......they hold a special magic. Lovely idea!

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 02-18-2003, 01:30 PM
The Good Knight

My wife and I both have a Claddagh ring for a wedding ring. She's the one with Irish blood.

For those of you that do not know what a Claddagh ring is....

History of the Claddagh Ring
The Claddagh Ring originated in the Claddagh fishing village near Galway City in the West of Ireland. The ring shows two hands (representing friendship) presenting a heart (representing love) adorned by a crown (representing loyalty) and it is thus the traditional Irish wedding band.

The motto associated with the ring is 'Let love and friendship reign'.

The Tribes of Galway
At the time the ring was first created, Galway was ruled in much the same way as was much of Ireland - by local Septs or Clans who had their own chiefs. There were a number of famous Septs in the region and they became known as the 'Tribes of Galway'. Perhaps the most famous of these was the Joyce Sept.

There are a number of stories associated with this famous family that try to exlpain the origin of the Claddagh Ring.

The first is of Margaret Joyce who married a wealthy Spaniard in the late 1500's who, upon his death, left his fortune to Margaret who used the money for improving the situation of her family and community. Legend has it that Margaret was rewarded for her selfless deeds when an eagle dropped a golf ring into her lap. It is said that from this humble beginning the design for the ring was borne.
Richard Joyce
This story is at odds however with that concerning Richard Joyce. Whilst on a journey to the West Indies Richard was captured by Algerians and sold into slavery to a Moorish goldsmith who it is said trained him in his art.

At the demand of William III of England Richard was released from his slavery in 1689 and returned to Galway to establish his goldsmith business. He has since been credited with the creation of the distinctive Claddagh Ring design.

Royal Approval
The Ring started to achieve popularity outside the Western region during the nineteenth century and especially after Queen Victoria of England wore one. King Edward VII and the Monaco Royal Family have since kept up this regal tradition.
Wearing the Ring
The way the ring is carried is of most importance as, if the ring is worn with the crown facing inwards (to the hand) and with the heart on the inside, then it signifies that the bearer is married or engaged, or has found a lifelong friendship.

If the ring is worn with the heart on the outside and with the crown on the inside then it signifies that the bearer is not promised.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg claddaghring3.jpg (16.2 KB, 361 views)
Old 02-19-2003, 11:40 AM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
My wife & I wear wedding rings!The only time that mine has been
off is when I had a piece put in it,at the jewelers.They wanted to cut it off,years ago,when I had an infection in my ring finger&it was swollen,but it wasn't done.We got married on May1,1965 and
I don't even take it off when I go to bed.I'm probably superstitious about taking it off.It has been on for 38yrs.I also have a tatoo ,on my left forearm,that says "DONNA",her name!
Irish
P.S.I have been a mechanic,for most of my life.The callouses around it used to be so thick that you almost couldn't see it!
Old 02-20-2003, 06:16 AM

Send a message via AIM to DragonLady
MY husband didn' t wear rings before we got married. With his wedding band he wears it all the time. He has never takeing his off.. My engagement ring and wedding band never comes off , only time it comes off is when I have surgery.

I love my engangement ring its and emarald and just plain gold wedding band.
Old 02-20-2003, 06:33 AM
Scottish Angel

when I was married, I wore my ring constantly-----but now it sits in my box----------it will be buried up in the Highlands later this year-------we were married for 5 yrs, and are on fairly ok terms most of the time---but I feel that now is the right time to rid my home of that symbol.
I was also in a LTR with a man I truely adored, it went bad-- He made me a ring for my 32nd birthday and I wore it constantly untill last year----it is also in my box-----going to go the same way as my wedding band!
Just now Dm has my heart,my mind and all the other bits too!