Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-29-2003, 11:00 PM

I've been in the sand and prayed for the aircrews I launched into the night, and wept when one didn't return. 12 hours latter word was sent the plane had barely made it to safety with all alive. I've loaded flag draped coffins onto aircraft, and wept for someone's loss. I don't agree with some opinons, and remeber that all those who serve do so to portect our rights. Free Speech means to disagree sometime and even to burn/shit/ect. the flag I hold dear. Think of those lost and still over there
Old 10-30-2003, 12:24 AM
Pixies Den Mother

Send a message via ICQ to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via MSN to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via Yahoo to Sugarsprinkles
I really thought long and hard before deciding to respond to this thread. And defending it was certainly not my first impulse.

I disagree 100% with what Irish posted. I think it's patently unfair and un-American to attempt to blacklist those that have differing viewpoints. The McCarthy era is long gone, and good riddance to it!

I spoke my mind in the old thread about the Dixie Chicks. These performers are every much entitled to their opinions as Irish is. No matter how much we may disagree with either side.

I'm not sure to whom I should attribute this quote, but it goes something like this:

"I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

I just hope that the younger members of Pixies don't lump all of us Baby-boomers or just-a-shade-older-than-Boomers into the same pot. We don't all think alike. We're all just as confused about what's going on in the world as everyone else, we've just had a longer time to pefect our confusion.
Dream Date
Just Desserts
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 1
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 2
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 3
RAVISHED!!
My Birthday - A Fantasy
Old 10-30-2003, 02:32 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Grumble
I also agree that people are allowed to have an opinion and voice it.

For me the jury is still out on Bush, he certainly is a hawk not a dove and people certainly should speak out if they feel that there is something wrong happening.

Nazi germany would not have got going if the people stood up to be counted before Hitler assumed control and whilst I am not saying Bush is in any way to be compared with that crackpot, democracy is alive and well when people voice their opinions and are free to do so.
Old 10-30-2003, 06:30 AM
Huggable!

One of the many 'freedoms' of this great land of ours ..... and yes it is great!! ..... is the freedom of speech. Never silence those with different opinions because someday it may be you and no one will listen.

I didn't read the list closely but skimmed over it glancing at the names. Some I've never heard of. But number 78. Heath Ledger caught my eye. I'm pretty sure he's from Australia. Are we governing peoples opinions in other countries too??
Old 10-30-2003, 06:38 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Quote:
Originally posted by Teddy Bear
But number 78. Heath Ledger caught my eye. I'm pretty sure he's from Australia.

And terribly yummy

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 10-30-2003, 06:39 AM
Huggable!

Quote:
Originally posted by Lilith
And terribly yummy

VERY yummy indeed!!
Old 10-30-2003, 06:59 AM
I do naked cartwheels.

I'm boycotting this thread, just to make my point.

My Photos:
https://imgur.com/a/80hiRdm
Old 10-30-2003, 06:59 AM
I do naked cartwheels.

Oh shit - did I just post that? CRAP!

My Photos:
https://imgur.com/a/80hiRdm
Old 10-30-2003, 08:40 AM

Re: Very interesting!

Quote:
Originally posted by pantyfanatic
...You say that as if you thouhgt he had the capability.

pantyfanatic,

Thank you for providing an example of the point I was making. Comments of this nature are often called "ad hominem", being directed against one's opponent, rather than remaining focused on the issues. They add little or nothing to the debate.

This particular one includes a common mistake: that democratically elected leaders rule by dictat, like a king or despot. By specifying an individual, you imply that that individual is the "one" to address the issue. This is obviously false. Both in the tripartite system of government we employ here in the States, as well as the parliamentarian governments in the UK, Canada, and Australia (to single out only three nations), power and responsibility are distributed beyond a clique or oligarchy - thank heavens.

If one honestly believes in personal freedom, then it is injudicious - extremely so - to damage the tool provided to maintain it. That tool is the political dialog, which is at least wasted and at worst damaged when misused.

The absolute nadir is exemplified by the ant-abortionists; who think that because they believe that because they believe in something so very much that they are entitled to kill someone else. These people are, in my opinion, indistinguishable from terrorists. I, for one, resent giving up any of my liberties to the organs of state in the name of national security; when it – the FBI in this case – “needs” these intrusive tools to pursue and interdict these “true believers”.

Ah well, there are no utopias…
Old 10-30-2003, 09:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
Question

I would like to ask a question,without starting an argument!
I now live in NH.We have Metrocast cable,because the town,
signed a contract,with them.(No Choice,if you want cable,you
MUST use Metrocast)lakritze,lives in Calif.,according to his avitar.
He has suggested,that I watch,something other than Fox 11 or
Clear Channel.What are they?We have ,at least,3 Fox channels:
1:Fox network2;Fox News3:Fox Sports.Those are the only Fox
stations,that I'm aware of.As far as Clear Channel,I never heard of it!What is it?I have heard that there is a Fox station,on the radio,but I don't know what the call letters are.Again,this is not to
be a wise-ass,I really don't know.My daughters(another town)have another cable provider.(Comcast?)When my wife or I,babysit
,we are completly lost.No TV GUIDE channel,so we just have to go
thru every channel.Theres,not much,worth watching,(my opinion)
anyway,but with hours to kill,you have to do something! Irish
Old 10-30-2003, 09:49 AM
Pixies Den Mother

Send a message via ICQ to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via MSN to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via Yahoo to Sugarsprinkles
Re: Re: Very interesting!

Quote:
Originally posted by jseal
I, for one, resent giving up any of my liberties to the organs of state in the name of national security; when it – the FBI in this case – “needs” these intrusive tools to pursue and interdict these “true believers”.

Ah well, there are no utopias…

This brings to mind a quote from Benjamin Franklin:

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety."
Dream Date
Just Desserts
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 1
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 2
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 3
RAVISHED!!
My Birthday - A Fantasy
Old 10-30-2003, 10:15 AM
Huggable!

Oh man... its getting to the point where you need a Master's degree to understand some of these threads. Having no clear understanding of what jseal just said, all I can add is: "Why can't we all just get along?"

teddy

PS: Halloween party at my house!! No politics allowed...... Just good sex. omg, lets hope Fairy-bird doesn't read this. lol.

btw -- I give out the 'good' candy and great costumes get something 'extra'. So, I want everybody to kiss & make up, let this thread die and start partying.

I know this is serious stuff and shouldn't be swept under the rug, but there's No need to PM me & tell me I'm way off the mark or an air-head or whatever. It just seems this is not the place for this discussion and it's gone on long enough.

Now back to that # 78 Heath Ledger ..... can't we just think about him instead? mmmmmm..... no costume required Heath, just come on over.
Old 10-30-2003, 10:38 AM
1 of 8,111,103,258

Cool That is the issue from MY prospective.

Quote:
Thank you for providing an example of the point I was making. Comments of this nature are often called "ad hominem", being directed against one's opponent, rather than remaining focused on the issues. They add little or nothing to the debate.

This particular one includes a common mistake: ......

I guess I provided more examples of what this is about than I was aware of at the time. And I did make a terrible PC error in using “he” in my query as to whether the specie, not an individual, is capable of addressing valid matters concerning it’s well-being and development, as opposed to it’s obsessions with internal conflict.

I apologize to jseal for my fauxpas and thank him for validating my premise of hupeopleities inability to look beyond itself.

(gosh, I hope that’s the proper new word )

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 10-30-2003, 11:06 AM
Huggable!

'hupeopleities' isn't in my 1970 edition of Webster's.....

Guess I'll ask Santa for a new dictionary.
Old 10-30-2003, 12:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by lakritze
Listen to something other then Fox 11 and Clear Channel.

Bahahaha!!! FOX almost sued itself!

Fox nearly sued itself over 'Simpsons' parody: Matt Groening
Wed Oct 29,12:28 PM ET

NEW YORK (AFP) - Rupert Murdoch's Fox News Channel threatened to sue the makers of "The Simpsons" over a parody of the channel's right-wing political stance, the creator of the hit US television show has claimed.
In an interview this week with National Public Radio, Matt Groening recalled how the news channel had considered legal action, despite the fact that "The Simpsons" is broadcast on sister network, Fox Entertainment.
According to Groening, Fox took exception took a Simpsons' version of the Fox News rolling news ticker which parodied the channel's anti-Democrat stance, with headlines like "Do Democrats Cause Cancer?"
"Fox fought against it and said they would sue the show," Groening said.
"We called their bluff because we didn't think Rupert Murdoch would pay for Fox to sue itself. So, we got away with it."
Other satirical Fox news bulletins featured in the show included: "Study: 92 per cent of Democrats are gay... JFK posthumously joins Republican Party... Oil slicks found to keep seals young, supple..."
While the lawsuit never materialized, Groening said some action was taken.
"Now Fox has a new rule that we can't do those little fake news crawls on the bottom of the screen in a cartoon because it might confuse the viewers into thinking it's real news," he said.
"The Simpsons," featuring the dysfunctional family of patriarch Homer Simpson and his rowdy brood, is now in its 14th year and is expected to become the longest-running situation comedy in US history in 2005.