Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-13-2003, 04:32 PM

"The Lifestyle"

If you have a moment....

Have any of you had positive experiences with "The Lifestyle" or Swinging activities? or

Has it been a bit tricky with your relationship?

I'm curious as I've done a fair amount of research into the subject but wanted to pick the brains of some of you kind folks here at PP..

Any input would be appreciated (haven't we all heard that before!)

Thanks,
Old 11-13-2003, 07:14 PM

I researched the hell out of it and read a very good book called The Lifestyle: A Look at the Erotic Rites of Swingers by Terry Gould. I highly recommend it.

I've never been able to convince my wife to give it a try however. Arg!
Old 11-17-2003, 09:46 AM

If I may ask, what are her reservations? (after you've done all the research and all) If you feel comfortable sharing, it would be appreciated!
Old 11-17-2003, 09:48 AM
~*Geeky Girl*~

There are a couple of Yahoo groups you may want to look at, MikeR89, on polyamory and swinging.

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, then let it, and if you have to wait for what you really want, take the time because nobody said that life would be easy. They just promised it would be worth it." ~ Unknown author

Old 11-17-2003, 08:36 PM

MikeR89
My wife just isn't of the same sexual mind as I am. We are two very different people sexually. I am very exploratory, the type that would try anything once. She has only been with one man. She says that she doesn't fantasize, and has no inclination what-so-ever of ever being with another person. I read the book to try to get ideas of why others do it. I did get her to read the book, but she still said not interested. Damn, damn, damn.
Old 11-19-2003, 10:49 AM
~~Kinky Bitch~~

Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1979
ok i know what swinging is but what is "the Lifestyle"?

~nikki~
Old 11-29-2003, 02:51 PM
Sleepy Slut

Send a message via Yahoo to SuccubusKitty
"the Lifestyle" is what we lifestylers call swinging.

Myself and my hubby are lifestylers. We have actually found that having mutual sexual experiences with other individuals and couples has made us appreciate each other even more than we did before. We (at least I) have learned a few new things too from these experiences.

So long as both you and your mate understand that if you are going to be involved in the lifestyle you should already be having a fulfilling relationship with each other.

Something else that is important is to take the time to get to actually know the folks you are interested in playing with and make sure that everyone is comfortable. We have met people that we had a great time hanging out with, but weren't interested in having sexual encounters with and folks we would love to play with that we didn't particularly want to hang around with.

A good website to check out is www.lifestylelounge.com
Lazy Evening
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once you can accept the universe as Matter expanding into Nothing, that is Something. After that, wearing stripes with plaid is easy. --unknown
Old 12-01-2003, 01:59 PM
~~Kinky Bitch~~

Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1979
oh cool
ive been intrested in swinging butnever tried it, hubby says sure whatever, but doesnt seem to impressed that i want to so im not guessin ill ever have a chance

~nikki~
Old 12-03-2003, 03:12 PM
Sleepy Slut

Send a message via Yahoo to SuccubusKitty
Well try to find out what his objections/reservations to becoming involved with other couples are. He might be afraid to lose you or it might harm your relationship in some way.

A good way to possibly introduce him to swinging would be to invite another woman to share him with. He may be thinking that you are only interested in it for your pleasure, but if you make it known that you would find it sexy to see him enjoying himself too, it might make a difference.
Lazy Evening
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once you can accept the universe as Matter expanding into Nothing, that is Something. After that, wearing stripes with plaid is easy. --unknown