Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-22-2004, 08:28 AM
Serious Member

Interpreting dreams

I have been with the same partner for nearly half my life now and have never (sad I know) fantasized about anyone else. OK daydreams about a certain dungeon, I grant you.

But all of a sudden I have started to have the most vivid erotic dreams about other women. Noone I know.

What do you think it might mean?
Old 02-22-2004, 08:46 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Dream Symbols

Sex
dream interpretation
meaning of dream
It is very difficult to name just a few possible interpretations for this dream. It is so complex that interpretations vary with each dreamer and situation in the dream. A sexual dream may be about physical pleasure, but it may also be about power, control, manipulation, virility, and effectiveness. It may be a form of wish fulfillment or a memory, or compensation for a lack in daily life. In most cases, it is not a prediction of things to come in the near future. For some more clues, also see Intercourse and People.

Intercourse
dream interpretation
meaning of dream
It is very difficult to name just a few possible interpretations for this dream. It is complex and complicated, and the interpretations vary with each dreamer and with the situations in the dream. A sexual dream may be about physical pleasure but it may also be about power, control, manipulation, virility, and effectiveness. It may be a form of wish-fulfillment or a memory. In most cases it is not a prediction of things to come in the near future. Freud believed that experiencing sexual pleasure in your dreams is always desire or wish-fulfillment. If you are watching other people having sex it may be a reflection on your emotional and mental concerns about sexual performance or interaction. The meaning depends on your emotional reactions to what is going on and on the general mood in the dream.

People
dream interpretation
meaning of dream
Usually our dreams are filled with people. We dream about our families, our friends, our neighbors, and our classmates. We dream about strangers, colleges, famous people, teachers, and, at times, our supposed enemies. Each dream is very special and carries its own unique message. When interpreting this dream with people in it, consider all of the details and the feelings in the dream. If the person is known to you, think about your relationship with him or her and the issues that the dream has brought up. We learn about ourselves through others, and probably our most valuable possessions are our relationships. Some believe that the strangers in your dreams represent different parts of yourself and are extensions and projections of your own personality. Many people believe that their dreams can predict the future. When they have negative or frightening dreams, they become anxious about the future. Alternatively, when their dreams are a form of wish-fulfillment, the dreamers become very excited and are hopeful that the dream will come true. Most dreams are not prophetic but are psychological or spiritual in nature. Their primary function may be to help us live better in the present, rather than the future.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 02-22-2004, 09:52 AM
Serious Member

Thanks Lil - I think I understand now.

Madam, if you were my wife, I would take it.
Old 02-22-2004, 12:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
Question

It,probably,means that "The grass is greener,on the other side of
the fence!" Irish
P.S.My personal conclusions-It usually isn't!Fantasies are only fantasies,until they are followed up on!
Old 02-22-2004, 04:13 PM
Serious Member

I'll go mow the lawn then.

Thanks Irish.

Old 02-23-2004, 12:19 AM

There's one thing to remember to: Dreams don't always mean something. They can be totally random and meaningless.
Old 02-23-2004, 12:30 AM
Lusting Horny Pixie

why is it... that I can never dream of the things I want.. just of the things I can't have? Damn it.. twisted joke it is.. I tell ya. :P Guess that means that if I was able to have everything I can't have... then I would dream of things I have.. and then that would be boring... right? Right?? Come on.. looking for someone to reasure me. LOL

Off to bed now...
Old 02-23-2004, 02:06 AM
Serious Member

Old Bill had a line on this

"If all the world were playing holidays,
Then to sport would be as tedious as to work."

I also quite like the Stones' take

"You can't always get what you want,
but if you try sometime
you just might find
you get what you need."

Sweet dreams Jen.