Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-24-2004, 05:57 AM
Count Spankula

I'll only say ((((((hugs)))))). Your family is in my thoughts. No judging, no opinions. I hope everyone turns out okay from it.
Old 06-24-2004, 02:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to Lekov
I've seen a variety of opinions so far, and I appreciate those of you who have passed along their well-wishes. This is my cousin Emma that was being discussed, and I've known he since she was a little girl, and I've always been around her since she moved back to my town. She was always my favorite growing up, and she's someone I've always loved and cared about.

The institution that Ranger badmouthed is not always the answer, but if he was indeed sent for the wrong reasons - of course your experience is going to be bad. Of course not all are created the same, but the general focus is to try and treat an existing problem. If you did not have a problem, and you claimed you didn't, and you fought what they were trying to give you, then I suspect it would have been a very bad experience.

To assume that everyone's problem is the exact same Ranger:

Quote:
Because obviously if you had issues with mental depression, and drugs then you would understand this..

Not all problems are the same. My wife's battle with depression is likely not the exact same thing Kissy dealt with and is likely not the same thing Emma is dealing with. Similar symptoms do not mean the exact same answers.

I am glad Emma is getting help. Her actions - the fact that she cut deep, but not -too- deep, while calling a friend indicates that she did indeed want some kind of help. Now those around her are attempting to provide it for her, and she knows that we are all there, and she has so far been willing to work with everyone. There's a difference between trying to return someone to a societal fold, and from keeping a bright young girl from doping up or injuiring - possibly killing - herself. I don't expect everyon (or for that matter anyone) to agree with everything I have said. I'm not claiming to have all of the answers.

If I did, I'd have seen this coming, and also know how to treat it. Counseling, the intervention... it's not really just Emma being treated here, in the long run. It's all of us who take an interest in helping her.

Fantasy Fiction: Chalgyr's Domain
On-line Fantasy Roleplay: Kingdoms of the Lost
Old 06-24-2004, 04:23 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Grumble
wow!!! I certainly have an insight into Ranger's views now.

Certainly his ire is directed at mental health facilities not the plight of Emma or her caring family.

Lekov, it must be tough for you mate, seeing someone you love and have seen grow up, going through this awful thing.

I have had a lot of battles with depression in my life so I do have avery clear insight into the way the affected person feels.

My heart goes out to all of you and I am keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

big warm hugs to all of you

Grumble
Old 06-24-2004, 05:14 PM

Sorry to hear about your family's problem. Being a caregive to someone who tried the same, I know what they are feeling and the road ahead. From that standpoint, tell them to get some support for themselves as the caregives are the ones that face the brunt of the anger by the person who attempts suicide. It is a long process, I know.

Peace,
IM1469