Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-26-2004, 09:00 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Crichton
It could be muscle gain, it could also be that your body has adjusted to the current level of exercise.

I've lost weight the past few months by walking up a hill. Every week I would show some loss, but for the past 3 weeks or so I've been holding at exactly the same even though I've increased the frequency (but not the intensity) of the workout.

I think there are sustainable weight levels where one can plateau because of the combination of diet and exercise that one is willing/able to maintain. A big push to workout more or eat less can drop a person below that, but the body will readjust after the push is over.

The big question is not the number, but how you feel? If you feel good then don't sweat the 10, because darling you look DAMN HOT!

The Student Teacher

The story of one woman, 5 guys and a ride to remember.

Shuttle Bus

A little office interlude.

Office Sex
Old 08-26-2004, 09:44 AM
satisfactionisaguarantee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crichton
It could be muscle gain, it could also be that your body has adjusted to the current level of exercise.

I've lost weight the past few months by walking up a hill. Every week I would show some loss, but for the past 3 weeks or so I've been holding at exactly the same even though I've increased the frequency (but not the intensity) of the workout.

I think there are sustainable weight levels where one can plateau because of the combination of diet and exercise that one is willing/able to maintain. A big push to workout more or eat less can drop a person below that, but the body will readjust after the push is over.

The big question is not the number, but how you feel? If you feel good then don't sweat the 10, because darling you look DAMN HOT!

A special thanks to you for your sweet comments, but also your advice that couldn't have been put better.....I exercise just about every day and sometimes I let myself have a day off and go at it again the day after....but i'll have to adjust my diet some more, i barely eat as it is! lol oh well....i'm doing this to become more healthy though, not "just because", so it's a definite requirement that I lose the weight.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:05 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Crichton
Diet is the hard one for me, I'd rather exercise more and keep eating.

You might try varying the type of exercise. The body gets used to the sameness switching from endurance exercise to sprint exercise might shake things up. Speed walk one day and hike another. Have you tried Bikram Yoga ? (yoga in a hot [98*degree] humid room--I'm never sure if I remember the name right) Also some weight-lifting (I use 10 lb dumbbells) to increase muscle will burn fat.

Kind as my comments were they pale next to your loveliness. I hope that you will post more pictures in th future that I may admire you further!

The Student Teacher

The story of one woman, 5 guys and a ride to remember.

Shuttle Bus

A little office interlude.

Office Sex
Old 08-26-2004, 11:56 AM
satisfactionisaguarantee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crichton
Diet is the hard one for me, I'd rather exercise more and keep eating.

You might try varying the type of exercise. The body gets used to the sameness switching from endurance exercise to sprint exercise might shake things up. Speed walk one day and hike another. Have you tried Bikram Yoga ? (yoga in a hot [98*degree] humid room--I'm never sure if I remember the name right) Also some weight-lifting (I use 10 lb dumbbells) to increase muscle will burn fat.

Kind as my comments were they pale next to your loveliness. I hope that you will post more pictures in th future that I may admire you further!

I'd LOVE to try hot yoga..the closest I get is when I do some power yoga, close all the windows and turn off the fan in the room and close the door lol....would love to have the time and money to attend actual yoga classes

I need to buy heavier weights, I have two 3 pound weights that tie around your ankles or wrists (from reebok) but that was for only slight toning...I need to go buy some heavier ones, 5 and 10 pouns used to work real well for me
Old 09-15-2004, 03:13 PM
Pixies Den Mother

Send a message via ICQ to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via MSN to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via Yahoo to Sugarsprinkles
I started going to Curves back in May. My last visit was on July 1. I had to stop when I began to have shoulder problems, doctor's orders. That really frustrated me because I had just had my one month weigh in and had lost 6 lbs. and a total of 2 inches.

Finally got the shoulder problems sorted out and the physical therapist has said that the Curves workout shouldn't be a problem. So I'm going back next week. I stopped by Curves today and weighed in. I was totally shocked, and not just a little thrilled when I found I'd lost 2 1/4 lbs.!! It sure gives me incentive to go back. :jump:
I'm going to start back on Monday and I'll report my progress when I get weighed and measured in one month.
Dream Date
Just Desserts
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 1
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 2
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 3
RAVISHED!!
My Birthday - A Fantasy
Old 09-15-2004, 03:31 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Congrats SS!

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 09-15-2004, 04:41 PM
Missing the Angels

Oh Congrats SS. That's Great!!

Well as for me I've just discovered that I've lost 10 lbs. If I could get another 40 and keep it off Iwould be very happy. That would put me just over 140 which is just 10 lbs over what the max is for my height. Of course I'm doing this all wrong, I don't drink water, I don't take vitiamns, I only basicaly eat once a day, I smoke, I drink coffee all day(reg or unlead it don't matter to me), and I never excerised. Having went back to work 3 weeks ago has helped alot. I need one of those little meter things to see how many miles I walk in that store evertime I work. I think twice about having junk food. I have'nt had a beer since July I think and don't miss it. I will quit smoking someday when I really put my mind to it. I'm still not gonna drink water, but I am going to get some vitamins. And Hopefully this time when I get back on birthcontrol it will not pack on the 30 lbs it did last time. UGH!!

WTG everone!!!! One lb at a time is all it takes.
Old 10-17-2004, 06:01 PM
Pixies Den Mother

Send a message via ICQ to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via MSN to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via Yahoo to Sugarsprinkles
Well, I didn't get to go back to Curves the day I planned. My physical therapist wanted me to finish my course of therapy first. No problem. So I kept up the therapy and just before it was scheduled to end, our van broke down. So there went three more weeks down the drain. In the meantime I found a great website that helps you monitor your meals, exercise, your weight goal and progess, and more. I decided to give it a try. I've tried to keep to about 1500 calories a day or less, and relatively low carb, but not ridiculously so. Well, since I last weighed at Curves, according to my home scale, which is almost spot on with the scale at Curves, I've lost around 10 more lbs. I had set a goal to get down to a certain weight by my birthday. I only missed by 2 lbs.!!! :wiggles:
If anyone is interested, the website is http://www.fitday.com . It's completely free, but they do offer a software version which is a bit more elaborate than the free site. I spent the $20 for the software and for me, personally, it was well worth the investment.

My son is getting married next October and I've set another goal. I don't want to have to wear a pup-tent with sequins to the wedding.

The van is working now, finally. and tomorrow I go back to Curves!! :jump:
I'm really excited to be getting back and I hope with everything else I'm doing that seems to be working, that I really start dropping the pounds.

WISH ME LUCK!!!
Dream Date
Just Desserts
RAVISHED!!
My Birthday - A Fantasy
Old 10-17-2004, 06:08 PM
Missing the Angels

WTG SS!!!!!! Best of luck too!!! That's great.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:22 PM
Pixies Den Mother

:wiggles:
I finally got back to Curves last week!! I did my 3 days last week, and yesterday was my regularly scheduled weigh in and measurement.
Now I've been watching my calorie intake to make sure I'm taking in less than I'm working off, but have only started back to Curves last week.

Well, I got on the "evil scale" and was absolutely thrilled to find that since my last weigh in, I'd lost about 18 lbs.!!! And a total of 14 inches!!!!!

I am sooooo thrilled!!!!

I still have a long, long way to go, but at least I know I can do it now. I'm going to keep going, and keep doing what I'm doing and the weight WILL come off!
Dream Date
Just Desserts
RAVISHED!!
My Birthday - A Fantasy
Old 10-26-2004, 08:25 PM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! sugarsprinkles. if you're happy, i'm happy :jump:

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 10-29-2004, 09:20 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

Well done Sugarsprinkles!

I've now been doing the weight loss thing since June, and I've lost 19lbs so far, which I'm really pleased with. It's been relatively slow progress but steady, losing about 1-2lbs a week most weeks, which I think is sustainable, since I still have another 37lbs to lose at least.

Yay for us Sugarsprinkles!

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 11-10-2004, 11:31 PM
Loungin' Around

((((Lou)))) ~ you're doing great!!!!!

I've lost 5 lbs in the past two weeks....and only 40 more to go. I'd been going to the gym to do cardio for about 2 months now...every week a solid 4-5 times per week and was gettign NOWHERE fast....Added weight lifting in (again...I'd let it slip for about 9 months) and 5 lbs have magically dropped off.

It's all about lean muscle mass, baby!!!

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 11-11-2004, 04:01 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

Have done nothing but EAT for the past fortnight and was dreading weigh in on Tuesday, but weirdly enough I was the only one of my little group of friends to go, who'd not put on any weight at all!

Osuche your attitude is so good: 'Only 40 pounds'....I have about that to lose but it feels like loads still - I suppose once I'm past half way, it will stop feeling so daunting!

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 11-11-2004, 03:12 PM
Loungin' Around

(((Lou))) ~ one day at a time. And as long as I stay properly hydrated, my body tells me when, what and how much to eat....it doesn't let me gain weight if I "tune in" to it....it's likely yours was doing the same thing. Some days we just need to eat more.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney