Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-26-2004, 02:32 PM
broken

Send a message via Yahoo to FallenAngel5
I forgot about those damn Thank You commercials too. They are horrible. My least favorite is the one where the woman assumes the other woman is pregnant... argh.
Baby I’m your slave
I’ll let you whip me if I misbehave
Tie me to the bedpost
I like it rough
cause I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all
Old 09-26-2004, 02:33 PM
Ethical Epicurean

Send a message via AIM to lakritze Send a message via Yahoo to lakritze
If I do not patronize a business it is usually because of their business practice.I am proud to say that I have never set foot inside of a Wal-Mart and the last time I ate at a Mickie D's was sometime back in '96.{Just don't like their food.} Same goes for Jack in the Box.I don't pay a whole lot of attention to comercials,but the one I think is rather funny is one for Starbucks Coffee where a woman in the office has her own back up singers.One comercial I found kind of disturbing has been around for about a year or so. A father is tring to entertain a crying child who is no older than about one.The kid stops crying and starts to smile only to find that when the camera backs up that red headed corporate logo is standing behind the father.Give me a break.What is this telling the American family?
Old 09-26-2004, 02:40 PM
<<GOOD OLE HILLBILLY>>>

Send a message via MSN to crazyhawk Send a message via Yahoo to crazyhawk
oh boy ........does this I getta' peak my mind on this one well Ima going to. a while back a game show "name a trade that doesnt need a college degree" and the answer was construction...........now bullshit let me throw the average person a set of bluprints and say "here go put up this 2300 foot span bridge across the river and see how many can actually do it cause I know i can..........sorry but damn it to hell that pisses me off..........
Old 09-26-2004, 02:55 PM
Loungin' Around

Speaking of construction workers...anyone else remember the Diet Coke commercial where the woman would stare out her office window (while drinking Diet Coke) and watch the sext shirtless construction owrkers below? I loved that one!

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 09-26-2004, 03:00 PM
Made in England

I haven't seen it for ages, but I liked the Pepsi/Coke commercial where the guy is asked what he wanted from his youth and he picked his hair.....
Old 09-26-2004, 05:36 PM
~la quelle~

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantyFanatic
That ^^^ and my all-time UNFAVORITE has to be for some breath mint where the guy rolls around on a freshly painted park bench to make a pin stripped suite. I hope I haven’t seen it lately because they are out of business. I always tried to make a note of the product name so I wouldn’t buy any by mistake, but couldn’t keep my revulsion from over ridding and memory function. :bang:

Hate to break it to you, but you are referring to one of those really cheesy European-style Mentos commercial, that are infamous for their over the top badness. And as you know, that chewy mint product is still selling well these days. I have to agree though, that one was pretty bad.
Old 09-27-2004, 03:48 PM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
if a commercial has any kind of influence on my spending, i'm totaly unaware of it. (i guess that would mean they're doing their jobs well, then ). that said, my vote for funniest commercials are the new miller ads... crack me UP!
Old 09-28-2004, 10:31 AM
Resident craftsman

Send a message via AIM to Vullkan Send a message via Yahoo to Vullkan
there are soooo many commericials I hate that I refuse to have anything to do with the products--to the point I e-mail letters to the companies responsible. The *^%! Ditech.com--AFLAC and etc---all of them.

But of late is the commercial, Where the guy is at work crunching down on cerial and can't hear he is being fired! Little wonder why they would fire him--eating on the job like some cow out grazing.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:09 PM
With all due respect

Send a message via Yahoo to fredchabotnick
I hate the quiznos ones too. And the "zoom zoom" car commercials...mazda mabye?, those make me want to throw something at the tv

"A man talking sense to himself is no madder than a man talking nonsense not to himself." - Guildenstern, “Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead”
Old 01-27-2005, 05:31 PM
Manwhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
*whistles innocently knowing Aqua has something to say here*

omg... I NEVER saw this thread.

Fuckin' A' right I do Lilith! lol

Expedia.com travel All of the commercials I have heard from them make the men in them sound like he is either; pussywhipped, a moron, incompetent, or exceedingly juvenile.

In one, a guy is talking to one of his brother's about a getaway to a place their dad used to take them but the third brother is not allowed to come because he "cheated" at a game of Horse when they were children.

In another a husband and wife are talking about the wife's weekend getaway with the girls...
She starts out with, "we're staying three days instead of two."
The man counters with, "Awww, but honey I was gonna make that chicken thing... I mean it's three days..."
"Just like your comic book convention", she says.
He replies, "Well... uh... that see, uh, is an investment... and, uh..."
"See you Monday", she says with a slight amount of condescension.
"Uhhh, okay.", says the whipped male.

There are a couple more that I demember at the moment, but I detest them all.
:bang:

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 01-28-2005, 08:31 AM
is not this trim anymore!

It doesn't insult my intelligence, but I can't stand the commercial in which the "fungus" peels up a toenail and crawls underneath! OMG...what were they thinking? If you listen carefully...you can almost hear every tv in the world changing channels at once. Well, if you can block out Mrs. WI screaming "change it...change it!!!!!"

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:41 AM
Made in England

I detest all the ads for medications!

Take this pill but watch out.......

all the adverse affects can kill you!

It can cause...

headaches, backache, ulcers, dizziness, etc etc etc and then it MAY cause certain cancers in some people!!!
Old 01-28-2005, 10:51 AM
Made in England

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildIrish
It doesn't insult my intelligence, but I can't stand the commercial in which the "fungus" peels up a toenail and crawls underneath! OMG...what were they thinking? If you listen carefully...you can almost hear every tv in the world changing channels at once. Well, if you can block out Mrs. WI screaming "change it...change it!!!!!"

LMAO....

My poor mom, bless her soul was afflicted with this nasty problem before medications were invented to clear it up and she had to have surgery to get rid of it.

My daughter used to cringe if she saw my mom's toes (well I did too) and she has had a fear since being a young girl of this happening to her. She checks her toes ALL the time since being 5 years old.

When this commercial first appeared she saw it at my home with my grandson and now they both do "toe checks".......This ad really grossed him out. I am sure like most kids he took it that little fungus people really do crawl up under your toenails.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:35 PM
Everybody Stretch!

I used to hate the Old Navy commercials...back when Morgan Fairchild and that old lady with the big glasses were doing them! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

But this past X-mas they made some pretty cool ones and so I bet others bitched to them about Morgan and that old lady!

I don't buy products based on commercials...but I have to admit I've never been in an Old Navy store...and I bet those commercials did it for me!

I had a fave commercial to list...but after reading everyone else's...I forgot it...lmfao!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 01-28-2005, 10:49 PM
Resurfacing

oohh, I agree with the Old Navy commercials.

But wanted to add the commercials for medications where they don't even say what it is for. Ask your doctor about (blank). Riiight...knowing my luck it'd be for a male enhancement drug.