Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-11-2005, 05:26 PM
Just me.

Seven years ago last Christmas Eve I smoked my last cigarette. Glad I did. The cost. The smell. All the things others have mentioned. I lost my brother to cancer of the esphogas (sp) caused by smoking and my dad due to a heart attack. Kinda hope maybe that same fate isn't in store for me ... at least at their ages ... dad was just about 65 and my brother had just turned 65 when they died.

I hope you can quit, silentsoul. Wouldn't preach to anyone and know lots of folks who do smoke ... but I no longer see what attraction I ever felt for the stuff and I smoked for about 34 years.

Good luck.
Old 01-11-2005, 05:53 PM
~Imaginary lover~

Send a message via MSN to cowgirltease Send a message via Yahoo to cowgirltease
Well I guess if you can do it, I can DB. I've been at it 30 years.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:17 PM

ok, first of all, I REALLY want a fucking cigarette right now. However, at this point I think it's just a mental battle. For the past two days I've woke up and all I could think about is how much I want a cig. I don't even feel as though it's to actually smoke a cig, just something to pass the time. I can't afford to start smoking, I might have like $30 to last me a months and that's no where near enough to cover my previous habit of nearly a pack a day.

I don't know what I'm gonna do, I keep having these thoughts of "just one to hold you over for a while" but then every time I smoke one I end up feeling like I could smoke a foot long cigarette. Because I only smoke one I always end up feeling so bad that I smoked period, like it's another in a long list of failures. When I quit before, it just seemed so easy. I made up my mind that I wasn't going to smoke anymore, bought me a box of "commit" and by the time the box was empty I barely wanted a cig. What little bit I did want one, will power was able to control.

Well this time will power can just go to hell, I want a fucking cigarette! I don't understand why it's so hard.

wish me luck is all I can say I guess.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:24 PM
Sweet Southern Girl

good luck, when I quit it was all about keeping busy. I always had gum or hard candy around to pop whenever I wanted a cig.
Good Luck again

It's just human. We all have the jungle inside of us. We all have wants and needs and desires, strange as they may seem. If you stop to think about it, we're all pretty creative, cooking up all these fantasies. it's like a kind of poetry. Diane Frolov

How to get an "A"
I Love Guys With Accents
Nurse ~ Patient Story
Yes Sir
An Old Story of Mine
3 Guys & 1 Girl ~ Sounds like fun right
A New Short Story
Punishment Story
Old 01-14-2005, 12:06 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to campingboy
One of the warning on packages here in Canada is of a limp cigarette. Under it is says "Smoking can make you impotent". I would think that would make most males sit up and take notice.
Old 01-14-2005, 12:13 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to campingboy
Why should I stop?

There are many good reasons, but you need to find the ones that will motivate you.

Good for your health

* Within 20 minutes after finishing a cigarette, your blood pressure and pulse rate return to pre-cigarette level.
* After 8 hours, the oxygen levels in your blood will return to normal.
* Within a day, your risk of having a heart attack decreases.
* After 3 months, your circulation will improve and your lung function will increase.
* After one year, your risk of having a heart attack will be about half of what it would have been if you had continued to smoke.
* After 5 years, your risk of stroke will be greatly reduced.
* After 15 years, your risk of coronary heart disease will be the same as a non-smoker's.

Taken from the Health Canada Network
http://www.canadian-health-network....e&c=CHNResource
Old 01-14-2005, 09:51 PM

ok well I only had two cig left in the last pack that I bought. I threw it away but my mom got them out. Anyway, I was kinda drunk and my wife who's a smoker pretty much shoved the cigarette into my mouth so I "smoked the last two to eliminate the temptation" True, right now smoking isn't and a possibility because I simply don't have any cigs. But the 24hr store is right up the road so what's the biggie? I haven't smoked or REALLY wanted a cig all day. It was stupid of me to ever smoke that first cig, I don't know why I did and I really don't know why I though I could quit, again. Right now, I know their bad for me but the only thing keeping me from starting up, what ever it takes I guess, whatever it takes to keep me from smoking.

Again, wish me luck
Old 01-14-2005, 09:58 PM
~Imaginary lover~

Oh it's worse for me if I don't have them around. Then I freak! If theyre laying around i'll leave them alone. dammit I wasn't even thinkin bout one til you brought up this thread! Now i got to have a smoke.
Oh okay I'll go get a new nicotine patch instead. *sigh*
Old 01-14-2005, 10:01 PM
~Imaginary lover~

Hey why don't you ask her not to smoke in the house? It will help alot if you can't smell it.
Old 01-14-2005, 10:15 PM
Starry-eyed Pixie

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaKyttn
Lightbulb

One of my coworkers told me how she quit.... She tracked her somking habit ie 10:15 had a cigarette with coffee

10:45 had a cigarette as I went to get the paper
etc then she took the number of cigarettes she smoked in an hour and cut it in half 2 cigs an hour...... first week 2 or 3 cigs an hour second week one cig less per hour than the previous until she was smoking one a day and >shrug< whats the point then..... the main thing she did was during those times when she was most accustomed to smoking ( with AM coffee, walking to the mailbox, etc) she paired a different behaviour to compensate for the loss of the nicotine crutch such as doing a crossword with coffee or >giggle < a hand clap rythm as she walked to the mailbox, yeah she looked silly but compared to how dumb she was with a cancer stick in her mouth...... make sure all smoking paraphanelia is out of the house. gone, poof. Otherwise the temptation will be too great. Personally I would ask my SO to 1 not smoke around me. 2 not smoke in the house. 3 support and help me achieve my goal.
if said SO would not I would ask 1 Does SO want to help me put on my oxygen mask in the next 10 years? 2 Does SO realize how offensive I/she/we smell to the general nonsmoking public? 3 Does SO realize that their lack of support is killing me literally and figureitivly?

Kyttn
Old 01-14-2005, 10:32 PM

well my mom smokes and will always smoke, theres nothing that anyone can do to change that. So the fact that my wife smokes also isn't that much of a biggy. My mom smokes lights and ultra lights and shit but my wife smokes yummy yummy marlboros so they are kinda tempting, just the sight of it is as bad as anything. I gotta stop talking about it, I'm starting to want a cig and I'm drunk enough I'd probably let myself if I got real tempted. Anyway, it's a never ending battle but for me, nuthing makes it easier and everything makes it at least a little harder.

I'll quit, I'm sure of it, just takes a little time to test myself. hopefully I can do it.